Sequel: Love against law
Status: completed, sequel ready now!

Love at First Class

On the edge

Chapter 18: On the edge of desperation:

I laid down on my bed, I had gotten home later than I usually did, well that was because Alex didn’t drive me home anymore, and I missed the bus. I had done my homework in my lunch break, I had more time, when I wasn’t with Alex in his car. I hadn’t been with Alex since the day in the hospital. It had been two and a half week now. I couldn’t even remember what I had done in the breaks before I met Alex, it was like he had burned my past out, and now I had to try and find it again.
I had been speaking about Alex constantly with Anna, about what we were doing, when we were together. Now I didn’t know what to say, Anna didn’t either, she usually talked about him too. The past few days she had been in a trance, when I asked her what she was doing, she said; thinking.
So I was left with my family. I sat in the living room with my mom. I didn’t really pay attention, I was thinking about one day when drove me home.
“Sonea? Are you listening?” my mom cut through my thoughts.
“Yea, you’re right, totally!” I burst out.
“Sonea what’s gotten into you? You’re so distracted, and I don’t know how to get through to you” she looked at me, a weird look in her eyes.
“It’s nothing mom” I shrugged at her.
“Oh yes it is, trust me, I know what I’m talking about. Remember I was a psychologist, I had loads of these cases, why don’t you just tell me who he is?”
“Mom! It’s not that!” I burst out shocked, she thought I liked someone, well it would be normal for my age, but no. “Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don’t like anyone that way”
“Is it Alex?” she pressed on.
I couldn’t help it, I always did that when people mentioned Alex. I blushed, not just blushed, I turned into a tomato. Anna had spent a whole lunch break, making me blush, just by saying Alex over and over.
“So it is Alex!” my mom jumped out of her chair, then sat down again, knowing she had over-reacted.
“No it’s not like that!” I sighed shakily.
“How is it then?”
“He’s avoiding me, and I don’t like him!”
“Okay, well what are you gonna do about the avoiding?” she asked.
“I don’t know” I sighed dramatically.

“I-I think, I might love him, I don’t know, I’ve never even really liked someone. I constantly think and talk about him. Whenever I see him, hear anything about him, it spreads like poison in my veins, and everything grows hot. When I see him, it’s like nothing will ever be sad again, when he says goodbye, it’s like I will never be cheerful again. When he says ‘see you later’ it’s like my heart stops beating until I see him again” I had trouble breathing, as I waited for an answer. When she didn’t speak I got nervous, I fidgeted with the phone, and tried to breathe normally.
“WOW” she said loudly.
“Yes what should I do? I mean what… do you think it might be love, or maybe friendship?”
“Definitely not friendship like I know them”
“No but what should I do?!”
“I don’t know, do you think he feels the same way?”
“What? No. How could he?”
“Wait a minute…double wow…how did I not see that before?” she mumbled, she had clearly for-gotten about me. “Oh right, Sonea I’ve gotta go, bye!” she hung up on me, and I felt lost. I had just found out that I liked a guy, who avoided me, and Anna didn’t even try to help me. What should I do?

Alex’s Pov:
“Alex I never EVER thought I would be doing this to YOU!”
“Casper”
“I know, now come on!” he pulled at my leg.
“Go”
“Oh no I wont! C’mon! I mean I’m always the one acting like you are now” “Why are you acting so stupid!?”
“Go Way Now” I mumbled in my covers, and kicked him with my free leg.
“Ouch you bitch!” I heard Casper take a few steps back, good he would let me sleep.
“Oh you asked for it!” Casper yelled, before jumping on me. I groaned. My head exploded, I shouldn’t really have drunk that much yesterday. Now Casper was ruffling around in my double bed, ruffling my covers. I felt my stomach turn and twist, I heard the sound of bottles against bot-tles. I suddenly jumped up, and half fell half ran to the bathroom, luckily it was just through a door in my room, I had my own private bathroom. I scrambled to the toilet, and threw up. Not just once, it seemed like there would be no end.
“Alex?” I heard a dumb folded Casper from the bed. “How much did you drink last night?!” “You’ve got an entire liquor store in your bed” he scrambled around in my bottle filled bed. I heard his footsteps come closer, but didn’t feel like being seen while looking like that.
“Go way” I managed to choke out. “Don’t look at me”
“Honey I’ve seen you party through worse than this, remember the time with the statue, and the drag queens? That was fun” he chuckled, I secretly smiled, that had been a funny night out.
“So why did you suddenly turn into an alcoholic?” he sat down beside me.
“I can’t help it, I think I’m going crazy, I can’t stop thinking off her, I shouldn’t be thinking of her, I deserve to feel this pain”
“You done messing up the toilet?”
“Yeah” I slumped back, and expected to hit the floor, instead I looked up into Casper’s eyes.
“You don’t look really good, you know that?” I just tried to focus on the spinning walls.
“Come here pretty boy, I’ll help you to bed”
“M’kay” I felt Casper pulling me on my feet, and leading me to my bed again.
“Oh wait a second, I’ll get the bottles off” he let me go, and scrambled around, I felt my balance crumble. I fell to my knees, and clutched the old fashioned carpet on the floor.
“Oh Alex, here” he held out a hand, pity in his eyes.
With Casper’s help, I finally landed on my bed again; he pulled the covers over me, and walked to the door.
“Alex hon. I’ll be right down stairs if there’s anything I can help with, just call okay”
“M’kay love you”
“Okay? You’re still a bit drunk aren’t you?”
“Probably” I choked, and turned over, the covers were nice warm but not too warm, the air was actually fresh from the open window, and my head felt like it was filled with sand.

Casper’s POV:
Poor Alex, all those half empty bottles of vodka, he must really have been depressed. Alex some-times drinks when he’s really depressed, and alone, he probably didn’t expect me to come by. I walked to the kitchen and made a cup of tea. Then I sat down in the tea-room, I usually sat there with Margret, and discussed the latest news in the fashion world, but now I sat alone.

Beeb beeb beeb

I spun around in my seat. My heart hammering against my ribs in surprise. I followed the sound, and found Alex’s phone on the floor. I picked it up, and watched the display;
13 messages 5 unanswered calls. Now I know it’s rude to watch people’s messages, but I could see the first four words in all of them. It was all something like; pick up the phone, Alex please answer me, Alex I found out, It’s rude to not and many more, most of the massages was from Sonea ;) I held back a chuckle, and then to my utter surprise the phone vibrated, playing hero-by Nickelback.
I stood there, and didn’t know if I should answer. It was Sonea calling, like the other 5 times. i de-cided to answer, and tell her that Alex was cold out. I hit the ‘answer’ button, and took the phone to my ear.
“Hullo?” I tried.
“Alex? You sound weird, wow I’m so glad you answered, I thought you were avoiding me, like you’ve been doing in school, I really need to talk to you, it’s really important. I know you’ve been acting weird these couple of days, or weeks, but I’m sure you’ve got a good explanation, anyway, there’s something I’ve gotta tell you, and since I don’t know when I’ll even see you again, here it goes; I think I like you, well I’m not sure, it’s just…hard to explain, I mean… damn, I had this all prepared… Alex are you there, please say something” A nervous girl voice chanted along, she didn’t even stop to catch her breath, I could almost see her in front of me, sitting there, waiting for Alex to stutter out the very same feelings, or at least something. I don’t know why, I half expected this to come, so it wasn’t that big a shock. Though I hadn’t seen that she had shared Alex’s feelings, he always made it out to be him liking her, and getting nothing in return.
“Good morning to you too Sonea, Alex can’t come to the phone right now” I teased softly.
“WH-what?” she stuttered.
“I said, Alex can’t come to the phone right now, he’s sleeping”
“What? He’s sleeping?” she asked forgetting all about being embarrassed. “That’s not like him”
I chuckled lightly. “You would be cold out, if you had absorbed about a whole bottle of vodka, and a whole lot of beer”
“Why would he do that?” she asked now concern clouded her voice.
“I don’t know, it’s hard to speak to someone who’s either puking or groaning”
“But how could he even get to drink that much in an apartment like his, wouldn’t the neighbors complain about the sound?”
“Honey I don’t think any neighbor is gonna complain out here”
“Honey? Wait, where exactly is here?” she asked weirdly, Alex had apparently not told her where he was hiding, like a fussy little bunny in a hole, witch I guess makes sense. So I told her the ad-dress, and as I had nothing to do all day, was bored and liked talking to her. I invited her over to some tea. Problem was, her parents weren’t able to drive her anywhere, and they were apparently busy with work.
“So if you can get to let’s say the hospital, I’ll pick you up there”
“Okay, I’ll call Alex’s phone when I get there” then she hung up. I sat a little while thinking she was a one of a kind person, before getting up. I checked the kitchen for cakes to the tea, and figured I’d just buy some. I walked out of the house, looking up at the window where Alex was resting to be sure, then hopped into my black e85 Ferrari. I drove to the store, and bought a nice bunch of dif-ferent cookies, I didn’t know what she’d like. The time fit perfectly, when I had loaded the cookies onto the other seat, she called. I then drove to the hospital.
“You’re Sonea right” I looked over my sun glasses; it was sunny and beautiful outside. The girl just stared at me, her mouth slightly open, she was actually beautiful for a what 15 year old? She was not too skinny, but medium build, she had half long blond hair, well to describe it all would take a long time. Beside her stood another girl, who definitely didn’t try to hide her awe. She looked like the blondes sister, just with brown hair, and a little more out standing style in clothes.
“Y-Yes” the blonde, Sonea, said. She pointed at the brunette, who was standing with her mouth open. “This is Anna”
“Nice to meet you, now are you hungry, I bought cookies” at this Anna seemed to wake up.
“Oh my, I don’t even care if you’re a perv, I already love you” she pushed Sonea out of the way mumbling something along the lines of; Out of the way honey, and opened the car door. I quickly removed the cookies from her seat, and shoved them under my seat. She sat down; smiling at me, there seemed to be no more room in the car.
“Okay…we might just have to bend the rules and let Sonea sit on top of you, I won’t be a long drive, the police probably wont stops us anyway” I eyed them. “You won’t die of a little lesbo ac-tion won’t you”
“Oh my God! You speak my language! Of course not, C’mon Sonea!” Anna eagerly squealed. I liked them already. Sonea climbed in, and just for fun I got the car to purr a little, before driving. Anna grinned, and looked eagerly at me. I looked at her, over my sun glasses, and winked. She gig-gled like mad, I saw Sonea roll her eyes.
“So you both go to honey buns school right?”
“Honey buns?” Anna looked at me.
“Sorry Alex’s” at that both Sonea and Anna giggled.
“Yeah we do” Anna said matter-of-factly.
“And I understand that Sonea’s got a little somethin’ somethin for Alex?” I looked at Sonea. She gloved bright red, to a deeper red then turned her head away.
“Aha”

I stopped the car, and they both looked up at the Truman mansion. Their jaws dropped, and it seemed they would be stuck like that for a while. So I just fetched the cookies and let them be there for a while. I walked in the front doors, and heard them gossiping about the house getting out of the car, and running towards the doors too.
I stopped dead, I had walked to the hall, and face dthe staircase, right below it, laid Alex. I knew I shouldn’t have left him, but I thought he could at least walk stairs. He laid in an odd angle, with a vodka bottle clutched in his hand. I turned around, spreading my arms, so the girls wouldn’t get the shock. When they entered through the door, their jaws dropped again.
“Eh girls, I think you should maybe wait outside, I’ve got some…matters to attend to” I said trying to shield Alex’s pajama pant’ed frame. But when I heard Alex moan behind me, I figured it was too late. A loud gasp from Sonea, proved me right. She ran over to his side, and turned him over, he loudly groaned.
“Sonea please step aside, we’ll need to get him to the couch. Here Anna take my sun glasses, and um… please don’t break them” I tossed Anna my sun glasses, and moved to Alex’s side. I quickly flopped him over my shoulder; knees buckling under the weight, Alex had always been the strong one.
I moved as quickly as I could to the nearest couch in the tea-room, and let Alex sink down on it, like he was some lose piece of clothe. He’d dropped his vodka bottle in his unconsciousness. I now saw Sonea right behind me, and Anna standing in the opening with the cookies, my sun glasses, and the vodka bottle in her hands.
“Well” I clapped my hands together. “Welcome to Alex’s childhood home, also part time home for Margret and William Truman” I spread out t my arms. “Okay enough of that, let’s roam the kitchen” I strode down the mini hall, and heard them follow me loudly gossiping. When in the kitchen, I immediately put water over for tea.
“This is where Augustus makes their dinners” I explained.
Sonea looked around, but not as much as Anna. Anna looked like she was taking in every image.
“Where do you know Alex from?” Sonea asked in a small voice.
“Oh we’re childhood friends, here look at this picture” I opened my wallet, and showed them the picture of me and Alex in the pool, not so far away.
“Aww how cute” Anna giggled. The water beeped finished, and I proceeded with the tea. When the tea was ready, I brought in the kettle and three cups, sugar, spoons, the cookies all on a tray. Alex was still on the couch, now snoring a little. I had forgotten about him only being in pajama pants. I took the blanket from a nearby chair, and pulled it over him. Then motioned for Sonea and Anna to sit down. We all sat down, and I served some tea, and we started to talk small talk about this and that.
“So” Anna said. “Does either of you and Alex have girlfriends?” it came out so bluntly.
“Eh no, Alex is a loner, and I’m gay” I stated.
“Yeah I figured, but I had to be sure” Anna smiled, taking a sip of her cup. I noticed Sonea’s ab-sence from the whole conversation. She just sat there staring at Alex on the couch. I leaned forward and took her hand; she let me, and looked at me.
“He’ll be fine, it’ll all be okay”
“No it won’t, I don’t think he likes me, like I like him” she looked at me, with those pleading green-blue eyes.
“Now, honey, between you, me and Anna here, I can’t tell you that I think he does” I reassured her.
She immediately lightened up, and joined in the conversation.
“Casper” Alex suddenly moaned weakly.
“Yeah” I got up, and walked over to him.
“You were gone” he complained.
“Yeah I had to pick up some girls at the hospital” I grinned.
“What?” he looked hazily up at me.
“Nothing. Now what is it?”
“I think I fell down the stairs” he croaked.
“Yeah you did, must’ve hurt ha?”
“I can’t feel it, but I will tomorrow” I laughed a little.
“I didn’t mean to drink all that much you know, it was just I had a kind of dream about her, and you know how I drown out my worst problems in alcohol… I miss her” he looked at the ceiling.
“If you miss her, why don’t you talk to her?”
“She won’t talk to me, not after I avoided her in school, I feel so bad for doing that” he pouted. I heard Anna gasp on the couch, and heard Sonea’s footsteps getting closer.
“Alex I’m sorry, I know you wanted all that “I’m not gonna interfere with her life, she deserves better than me” crap, but I sorta brought Sonea over here for some tea” I smiled.
“You did what?!” he sat a little more up, but thought better of it, he clutched his head groaning. “You know I… I a way that’s forgiven, but you could have waited, you know, until a day where I might not die of headache?” he looked around, and found Anna on the couch, he gave what looked like a half wave. “Where is she?” he asked.
“Right behind me, I think”
“Oh, can I go back to sleep, and pretend that I never was awake?”
“No, she whispered no, she definitely knows you’re awake” I moved away to reveal Sonea. “C’mon Anna I’ll show you the pool” I motioned for Anna to follow me, she did so.

Anna and I walked a little in the woods, sat on the pool side, and talked about design, she really into it I found out. When I decided it was time to see how they were doing, we found Alex and Sonea lying on the couch just talking.
“Aww I’d wish I had someone to do that with” Anna whispered.
“Ya me too” I sat slowly down on the couch. “Want some tea?”
“Tea would be nice, thanks” Anna said so only I could hear it, he eyes fixed on ‘The Lovebirds’ then focused on me. “Tea would be really good”

-To be continued-
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG !!! it's the final chapter!
I hope you like it, comment and tell me ;)

Also watch out for new journal enties, cus they'll have the info about the sequel :'D

Sequel up now: Love against law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!