Hell's Fire

Hell 's Fire

(I confess to God almighty

To blessed Mary ever Virgin

To the blessed archangel Michael

To the holy apostles, to all the saints)


He walked lone along the church aisle, his head lowered as he sunk himself into his thoughts. The shame and guilt was buried deep within his soul; he felt it might be irretrievable. He was a holy man, not a common, disgusting commoner who engaged in sins of the flesh. He should be ashamed for having such indecent thoughts about something so pure and angelic. He must erase all feeling for the girl who completely stunned him with just one glance across the church yard. He must wash away all his sin in prayer and confession.

Minister Sanders stopped at the foot of the altar, staring up at the large statue of the Virgin Mary. Her grey eyes gazed down at him, as if she were a kind and gentle mother rather than a worshipped idol. Looking into those stone eyes made the young Minister feel even more remorse. He imagined what she would say if she could speak to him. She would say how disappointed she was in him; how men like him must resist the urges they have over young, beautiful girls, and that what he was feeling was indecent. Quickly, he glanced around the cathedral, seeing whether or not another might listen to his words, but found it to be empty.

Beata Maria

You know I am a righteous man

Of my virtue I am justly proud

(And to you, Father.)


“My dear Maria,” He said in a soft whisper, “Please forgive me. You know I am The Lord’s most loyal man; I would never steer into sin so easily. The Devil has no control over my body, my mind or my soul. I would do anything to make my Lord see how faithful I can be…but she…She is so beautiful; so gentle and soft. When I see her, every part of my body is scorched in flames. I lose control of myself when I think about how her body would feel against mine and what taste her skin would have underneath my lips. I know it is unjust and unholy. I know my thoughts of sinful; that I will burn forever in Hell if I were to act upon them…I cannot help it-“

The Minister nearly choked at his last words. It was all true. He would never lie about it. The visions of her naked form lying in his chamber, underneath his own, being filled with pleasure from every touch he lay on her body made his body feel weak at the knees. He imagined the feel of her hands searching his body for a point of pleasure; tantalizing and teasing him slowly. All Matthew wanted in these times was to caress her; to taste her; to enwrap him in utter bliss beneath his bed sheets with the young woman.

His thoughts disgusted him. Having these feelings made him just as evil as any common man. Physically, Matthew was a pure man. He had never been with any kind of woman; he had refrained from touching any of the women who had been swept away by his charm. When he was young, The Minister had been one of the most desired men in the city. Women threw themselves at him, but Matthew resisted. He wanted to be clean of any sin…

Beata Maria

You know I'm so much purer than

The common, vulgar, weak, licentious crowd

(That I have sinned)


He had not sinned physically, but he had mentally. Soon, he feared, he might give into these desires. Matthew feared the possibility of being seduced by the girl’s beauty, and dirty himself.

“I am a horrible man. I am a sinner and an evil being,” He glanced up at the stone statue, “Please, my Maria, help me forget the devil witch who has cast this evil spell over me. Please lead me back into the light that is Heaven, and guide me away from the demons of Hell. I do not want to give into this girl, but I feel one day I will.”

Then tell me, Maria

Why I see her dancing there

Why her smold'ring eyes still scorch my soul

(In thought)


It had begun days ago, when he had been strolling around the church yard after morning mass. He observed the happy churchgoers around him, seeing the adults’ converse while the children played in the playground nearby. Matthew was as content as any man would be after preaching about the words and requests of his Lord to the world. He had a shiny position in the church; he was loved and respected by many of his followers, particularly the teenage girls he taught in Sunday school. Of course, Matthew never dare touch any of them. It was his job to teach them the words of the Lord, not violate them.

Then he heard a laugh nearest him. It had been sweet, like a small schoolgirl giggle. When Matthew turned his head to the playground, he saw a group of teenagers standing by the gate. He assumed they had been assigned the role of babysitters for the little ones, and normally he took no notice of them. However, this morning was different. It was different because there was a new addition to the regular group. She was a bit smaller than the rest, with sleek black hair that flowed down her back. Her smile was like a set of fine pearls that glistened in the sun’s rays; her figure was slender with dips and curves in all the right places. She was the dream of any regular school boy.

He was instantaneously captivated.

“Minister Sanders!” A perky voice called to him from the group, “Minister Sanders!”

Bridgette Dawson rushed up to him, holding the new girl’s hand and dragging her across the yard. Normally, Minister Sanders would begin trying to pry himself away from the overly-flirtatious and eager girl, but today he thought differently. If he listened to Bridgette’s babbling about her “good deeds” then perhaps he might catch her name.

“Morning Bridgette,” Matthew greeted her with a dimpled smile, “How are you?”

“Wonderful, sir,” Bridgette smiled, “You taught a great preaching today. I learned the true meaning of giving my heart to God, but then again, I’m not surprised. You’re an incredible teacher.”

“Thank you, Bridgette.” Matthew turned to the black-haired girl. He noticed how stunning she looked with the morning sun caught in her dark hair when the breeze blew it freely. His heart melted. “And you are?”

I feel her, I see her

The sun caught in raven hair

Is blazing in me out of all control

(In word and deed)


“I’m-“

“This is Angelica,” Bridgette intervened, “She just switched from Alpha and Omega in one of the nearby towns. Today was her first day.”

“Oh, so you’re a newcomer,” Matthew said, “Welcome to our church.”

“Thank you, sir,” Angelica replied with a charming smile, “You really did teach a wonderful sermon. You’re much better than my last Minister. You’re more enthusiastic and have more charisma.”

“Well, I’m pleased you think so. I try to keep people engaged when I speak, otherwise they fall asleep.”

“I think the elderly fall asleep either way, sir.”

The both of them laugh sincerely, but Bridgette’s was less convincing. “We should get going, Angelica. My mother’s waiting for us.”

“It was nice meeting you, Minister Sanders.”

“Same as it was with you, Angelica. I hope you come again next Sunday.”

“I might come Friday nights as well-“

Bridgette pulled at her arm and then departed. Matthew’s eyes followed her, until he saw one of his altar boys, Zachary Baker, come up beside her. The flirtatious gleam in his eyes angered Matthew. Him being as young and as handsome as he was, he would surely win Angelica. Zachary was very popular amongst the ladies in his youth group; he had been known to go through several girls in a month.

Matt would not let him take a girl as pure as Angelica. Never.

Like fire

Hellfire

This fire in my skin

This burning

Desire

Is turning me to sin


That night, he thought about Angelica continuously. He thought about her busty chest; how her crisp, buttoned shirt was tight and curved their round shape perfectly. He could feel her breasts on his palms; her nipples grazed across his thumbs. Matthew, for the first time in his life, touched himself. He stoked and jerked underneath the cover of his bed sheets. He pictured Angelica bent over on his desk, moaning and nearly screaming from his member ramming in between her legs. He imagined her removing her clothing; asking for him to take her virginity and make her his; telling him how much she desired and adored him as she sunk to her knees in front of him.

He was so dishonorable. He prayed throughout the rest of the night, crying and rocking back in forth in front of this very statue, shouting for his Lord’s and Maria’s forgiveness. He had allowed the Devil to overtake him. He should be whipped for such a crime.

It's not my fault

(Through my fault)

I'm not to blame

(Through my fault)

It is the gypsy girl

The witch who sent this flame

(Through my most grievous fault)


It wasn’t his fault, now that he pondered it. It was not his fault that Angelica could so easily seduce him. It was not his fault that she could make his pants tighter just by bending over his desk too much or giving him loveable smiles whenever she walked by him. It was not his fault that the little bitch made him weak. She did things to him so effortlessly like no other woman had done. She made him feel things that a man in his title should not.

It's not my fault

(Through my fault)

If in God's plan

(Through my fault)

He made the devil so much

Stronger than a man

(Through my most grievous fault)


“Please, my Maria,” Matt knelt down on his knees in plead, “Help me in my weakest state. Guide me away from my guilty desire; turn me away from that Devil’s bitch. I do not want to have these thoughts anymore. Send the girl away from me, I beg of you. Send the evil witch back from wherever it is she came from. I cannot hold myself much longer.”

Matthew wanted Angelica gone. He wanted her to leave his mind and his thoughts. He was no longer at peace with himself since she had arrived. Matthew did not care how it was done, as long as she left his sight. This girl, this witch, this seductive succubus that tormented his dreams needed to be sent back to Hell where she belonged. She must be banished back into the flames of Hell where tempting demons like her spent their eternities.

Protect me, Maria

Don't let this siren cast her spell

Don't let her fire sear my flesh and bone

Destroy Angelica

And let her taste the fires of hell


He felt so feeble in this stone woman’s eyes. He felt as if there was no way he could win in this game against evil. Kneeling there, Matthew came to only one conclusion:

Make her his. Take her. Swipe her away from the world. The only way Angelica will remain faithful to him and belong only to him, was to make her his wife. He must take Angelica as his bride; give her his last name, and then finally be able to plunge himself into the tightest spaces of her body. He did not care if she did not want it, because he knew she did. He recognized the small glances she gave him when they locked eyes in class or during his sermons. He saw how she playfully bantered with him whenever they spoke; how she always sought out his counsel when something troubled her mind.

Or else let her be mine and mine alone

Hellfire

Dark fire

Now gypsy, it's your turn


It was settled. It was all settled-

“Minister?”

Her voice echoed through the deserted church, and he immediately wiped his eyes and stood. Angelica walked down the aisle towards him, and once again, she ensnared him. She was no longer wearing her usual school uniform, but a simple sweater with her skirt and boots. Her clothes always silhouetted her figure, and only made her more alluring to him. She also held a red umbrella in her hand as she shook it at the door. Matthew did not realize it had been storming outside until he glanced out the windows to see mounds of dark clouds covering the heavens.

“Good evening, Angelica,” He said, “What brings you here so late?”

“There is a matter I would like to discuss with you,” She responded, “I could not think of anyone else to turn to.”

“I assume it is something you cannot discuss with your mother?”

“No, sir. She would be very upset with me, but I know you will not judge me. May we talk somewhere private?”

“Of course.”

Matthew led her into his study and they sat down on a sofa near his desk. He felt his hands shaking as he mentally devised his plan. He thought he should ask-no, demand- it straight out. Perhaps if he showed a bit of force, it might scare her into his idea of marriage. Of course, that was only if she refused. In that case, he could find some means of threatening her.

Her mother was known for concocting odd medicines and remedies for the poor….

“What is it you wish to tell me?” Matthew asked with concern, “Has someone hurt you?”

“N-no, sir,” She seemed nervous, “It’s just….There is this person, who I shall not name, that I have been seeing.”

“Seeing? As in courting?” His fists balled at the thought of her with another. The little harlot.

“Yes. My mother absolutely adores him; all my friends think he’s wonderful, but there is something I must confess.”

“Yes?” Matt looked directly into her eyes to see the worry in them. He hoped his proposal might turn that worry into delight.

“Well…He and I…We’ve done something terrible…Something the Lord will never forgive me for…”

“What troubles you?”

“It wasn’t the actual thing…We merely touched, but I feel so ashamed of myself. I feel so dirty and violated. I regret ever agreeing to it.”

“You and this boy, whoever he may be…You’ve had intercourse?” Matt tensed at the thought.

“No, no, no, sir. Never. I would never give myself away.” He relaxed some, “But we did do things that the Lord would be mortified by.”

“Sweetness,” Matthew said affectionately, “Don’t you think this is more suitable for a confessional?”

“I thought it be best if I told you here, Minister. Surely, you can forgive me for all the things I have done.”

“Of course,” He gave a forced smile, “I could not imagine you doing anything without any shame. I assume you’ll be waiting until marriage to perform such an act?”

“Yes, sir, but that is a long way away-“

“Is it?” Matt lowered his voice to her. His hand rested itself on her exposed knee; he heard her gasp at the sudden motion, but he ignored this, “Because I know a certain person who has become very fond of you. He thinks of nothing but you, day and night. The only thing he truly desires is you… all of you.”

“Who, sir?”

“Me.”

Matthew drew closer to her, stopping only a lips distance. The fear and uncertainty in her eyes caught his attention, and he stroked her hair to comfort her. He knew that she must be surprised by this sudden admission, but it was something he must do if he wanted to make her his.

“Wh-What are you saying, sir?” She stuttered, inching away from him slowly, yet she was too slow. He put his arm around her waist to trap her in his hold.

“I want you to be mine, Angelica. I want you for my own, and nobody else. Be my wife. Be mine. Only mine.”

Matthew brought her close with her struggling in his grasp, and planted a kiss on her lips. They were beyond doubt exactly as he had pictured them to feel. Her lips themselves were warm, but her tongue was hot as his brushed against it. Images of the other places this tongue would go cluttered Matthew’s mind and he could no longer help himself. Matt’s hands sailed down Angelica’s body, landing underneath her skirt and gripping at her buttocks. The thin material of her undergarment made it easy for Matt to feel the hot center of her anatomy. His fingers rubbed back and forth at the very end of it, arousing himself at the thought of its wetness on his fingertips.

“Minister,” Angelica squealed, “Please let me go! Let me go! Please do not commit this sin! It is ungodly! Please release me! I beg you, sir! Please!”

“It’s only a sin if enter through here,” Matthew stuck his hand down the front of her panties and rubbed. He moaned in her ear as he felt her knee brush his growing erection, “Oh my goodness. You are so beautiful. I want you. I want you to be mine. Be mine.”

“No! I will never marry a vile man like you!”

The words instantly enraged Matthew, and he released her. Her juices still coated his fingers; the scent of her perfume still lingered on his turtleneck cloak, but Matthew ignored these senses. She had declined his request. She had refused to accept him as her husband. Everything he had ever wanted was staring back at him, completely frightened and upset. He saw no other choice.

“You will marry me,” He narrowed his hazel-green eyes at her, “You will love, honor and obey my every wish and whim! You will not refuse me anymore, you little slut! You little witch! How dare you defy me, you treacherous little harlot!”

“Defy you?” She spoke to him with confusion in her tone, “But, sir, what have I done to defy you?”

“You know what you’ve done,” Matthew’s hand collided with Angelica’s cheek, “You know that you’ve let that filthy little piece of vermin put his hands all over you-“

“But you-“

“I know what I want, Angelica, and what I want is you.” Matthew pulled her closer and gripped her wrists tightly, watching her kneel down before him. Transparent, watery tears were falling down her pink cheeks, “Marry me.”

“No. I cannot marry a man who abuses and defiles me in such a horrible manner-“She said angrily.

“Marry me or suffer the consequences of your actions.”

“No.”

Matt huffed, and then threw her to the ground. He made a move to the door, his head throbbing in anger; his knuckles were tightening from being balled into fists for so long. Matthew looked down at the girl lying on his carpet.

“Then prepare to never see your mother ever again…” He sneered at her.

“Wh-What do you mean?”

“Your mother is clearly a witch. A bitch of the devil and a danger to the kind folk in our city.”

“No…no…NO!” Immediately, Angelica scrambled to his feet, looking up at him with pleading eyes. “No, sir. She is not a witch. I know it, I. She is a servant of the Lord. She would never sign The Devil’s Book or think of hurting another. She is a good woman…”

“Even the sweetest delights can be rotten,” Matthew said. “I’ve heard of all these remedies and potions your mother gives to the less fortunate. They are the works of the Devil, and she shall be punished for her wrongdoings.”

“She means no harm by those, sir,” Angelica replied, “Is it a crime to help the sickly?”

“We have doctors to help the ill-“

“But most cannot afford the bills, sir. My mother gives people a better chance of living with her tonics and elixirs. She’d never use them to hurt anyone-“

“Regardless of what you say,” Matthew said coldly, “She will still burn…Unless…”

“-Unless, what?”

“You agree to marry me,” He knelt down to her and held her by her chin, “You agree to stand at that altar in a beautiful white dress; holding a bouquet of flowers with your usual sweet smile; thank people politely when they congratulate you on picking such a fine husband; then give yourself to me that same night.”

“No…No, I won’t. I’m not going to marry you simply because you wish to bed me-“

“You will, or you’ll watch your mother burn in the town square…”

Choose me or

Your pyre

Be mine or you will burn


There was a hesitation in Angelica. Matthew examined her closely, believing his plan to have worked in his favor. If his God had wanted him to marry Angelica, to bless him with the gorgeous gift, then he would take it. He knew Angelica loved her mother, since he had seen them together many times. Angelica went about the city doing various things to help her mother; she talked about her mother just as often as she did the Lord and his son. She worshiped the woman who gave birth to her, and that made her the perfect threat.

“Yes,” Angelica sighed defeated, “I will be your wife, Minister.”

(Lord have mercy)

God have mercy on her


Matthew smiled in triumph and lifted her off the floor. He placed a gentle kiss on the side of her lips; more tears trailed down Angelica’s cheeks, but Matthew thought nothing of it. He pretended they were tears of joy rather than tears of sorrow. Angelica was now his; nothing else mattered now except making arrangements.

“I’ll inform your parents of this engagement,” Matthew said to her, walking with her to the door, “I think it best we tell them together. Tonight.”

“Yes,” Angelica said gravely, “My mother will be pleased, sir.”

Matthew’s smile grew wider, his dimples at their full expansion. His heart had lifted much more than it ever had before. God had truly blessed him, no matter the weakness he had felt.

(Lord have mercy)

God have mercy on me


They walked out of the church together and down the streets, arms linked together. Matthew stared at every man directly when they passed. He wanted the entire world to know that this beautiful creature was now his, despite doing it against her will. He wanted to shout it from the bell tower. The small envy he saw in some men’s eyes made him giddy inside.

After a few moments, they reached the front doorstep of Angelica’s home. A candle was lit in the window, and Matthew could see shadows of figures walking about inside. Perfect. Everybody was home to hear their-his-wonderful news.

“Remember…She’ll burn if you deny me…”

(Lord have mercy)

But she will be mine

Or she will burn!