Status: completed :)

You & I Collide

Fury

Jacob

"This is so stupid, Jake," Leah whined. "Why can't we just, you know, forget about it. One less Cullen, right? One less bloodsucker?"

Leah had followed me out of her house after supper - Sue had invited my dad, Rachel, and I down, but Rachel was busy with her boyfriend/leech/parasite and didn't come - and now, just when I really wanted to have some time alone, here she was. Sometimes Leah was like this disease that just doesn't go away.

"We can't just forget about it, Leah," I snapped a little more angrily than necessary. "My sister's boyfriend's sister is missing, and Rachel is hurting. Do you think I want to see that? No. So that's why I'm leaving - I'm taking another patrol."

"But...but...she's not our responsibility! And she made a choice to leave - so she probably had good reason to. I mean, if it was me, I'd want to get away from those nasty bloodsuckers as fast as I could!"

Yeah, well Rosalie isn't some stuck-up bratty werewolf, I thought, but instead said, "They're her family. Besides, Rachel and Emmett have been spending lots of time together, and he's been at my house too often - did you know that it's impossible to get rid of vampire stink using Febreeze? So much for that stupid 'A breath of fresh air...' stuff. Blech!"

Leah rolled her eyes. "Yeah, and I suppose the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is gonna remove all the blood stains from the carpet after he bites her pretty little neck and makes her a freaky parasite, too."

"Don't talk like that!" I growled. "That's not going to happen, okay? It didn't happen to Bella by accident - she became a vampire for the sake of her own life!"

"I'm just saying it's a possibility, Jake," Leah said, holding up her hands in innocence. Yeah, sure. Leah Clearwater, innocent. Next thing you know, pigs will be flying. Gimme a break....

"Whatever," I snarled, beginning to quicken my pace to a jog as I headed for the forest.

"No, not whatever," Leah retorted. "Face it, Jacob, she might become one of them."

"Yeah, and I'm gonna be President. Pfft..."

"Jacob, just consider it as a potential possibility! It's better that than ignore the idea completely and be unprepared!"

"I don't need to be prepared, Leah! There's nothing to prepare for except ripping apart that Italian creep who's somewhere out there, and that's exactly what I'm gonna do if we cross paths while I'm on patrol!"

"Your dad would -"

"Will you just shut up?!" I shouted, flinging my arms out in exasperation. "And don't you dare bring Billy into this! There's nothing to worry about, nothing to 'prepare' for, and nothing that I need help with, especially from an irritating, nosy, stupid dog like YOU!"

That stopped her. Leah stood there - frozen like a block of ice - as a shudder of heat rippled through me and I exploded into a wolf, taking off into the forest and pumping my legs as fast as I could to get away. I didn't care if I had hurt her. I didn't care if I had made her upset. I didn't care about anything but not thinking about what Leah said...and the fact that she was right.

It was a possibility.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the long wait for an update! will try to keep up but I have the rest of the story planned out, so if you feel discouraged at my lack of updates, tell me and i'll get motivated! :)

comment, subscribe plz, all that jazz!