Status: completed :)

You & I Collide

Betrayal

Emmett

When Rosalie had been gone for two weeks, Alice got the vision that changed everything, and I mean everything.

Rachel and I had been spending more and more time together, comforting each other but also just hanging out and having a good time. We had gone to a movie in Port Angeles last night, and I had to admit that when she had rested her head on my shoulder, it had felt nice. But now we were at my house, all seated in the living room and watching the hockey game on TV. Alice was in the kitchen making popcorn...well, making three bags of popcorn, really, because Jacob was over visiting Renesmee.

Renesmee now wore a beautifully crafted Quileute bracelet on her wrist which Jacob had made her. He hadn't been with her in weeks, so the present he had promised her had been delivered. Sam had told Jacob to take the night off patrol and spend some time with Nessie - he'd been missing her greatly.

So now Renesmee was sitting in Jacob's lap on the floor, Rachel was leaning against me on the couch, Edward and Bella were cuddled up in the huge comfy red chair, Carlisle and Esme were beside Rachel and I on the couch, and Jasper was waiting in the loveseat for Alice.

I wasn't sure if anyone was really watching the hockey game. Everyone seemed to be staring blankly at the screen, trying not to think about the missing piece in this picture. The only people in the room who were relatively normal were Jake and Nessie, who were laughing quietly about something as they leaned up against the side of the loveseat, Jacob running his fingers through Renesmee's gorgeous, curly hair.

There was a beep from the kitchen, then, a third beep, signaling that all the popcorn was ready. Alice flitted in, expertly balancing the three plastic bowls of popcorn in her dainty arms. Jacob started to stand up - and I was pretty sure it was so that he could get started on eating rather than give Alice a hand with all the food - when suddenly, it happened.

The three bowls of popcorn fell from her grasp and tumbled to the floor, making a huge mess, and there was Alice, staring blankly into the future, seeing something that I couldn't see, that only Edward could see....

A vision.

The last time she'd dropped something because of the shock of a startling vision, Alice had seen the Volturi coming to kill us all...something we'd avoided. I gulped and wrapped an arm around Rachel protectively, holding her close. Were they coming back?

"Rosalie," Alice whispered. I glanced over at Edward - he looked nauseated.

"What, Alice?" Jasper snarled, leaping to his feet in a blur. He stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her tiny figure. "What is it? What about Rosalie?"

"She's...found...Amun," Alice whispered, looking quite shaken. I wanted to hurl - what did that filthy double-crosser do to my sister? "She's not harmed...but she's...joined him. She's joined the Volturi."

Silence.

I wanted to laugh, now. Alice was probably playing some kind of joke to make sure we all were half-dead in here...so to speak. But when I looked around, I realized that this was no joke.

Wait...what did she say? Rosalie...had joined...the Volturi?

Impossible.

But when I looked at Alice's shocked and pained face, I knew that it was no joke.

This was real.
♠ ♠ ♠
omg omg omg! tell me what you think and hope you like!

i would love some more comments, please, and subscribers! you know what to do!