Status: completed :)

You & I Collide

Offer

Rachel

When the phone rang while I was reading, at first I didn't want to pick it up. There were too many things on my mind, and I was tryng to lose myself in a book I'd already read twice to clear my head. But when I heard the distant howl of a wolf pierce the air, my breath caught in my throat and I leapt up off the couch to answer the phone.

"Hello?" I breathed, panting hard.

"Rachel - it's Jake," the voice of my brother said. He sounded out of breath, but he didn't sound panicked, which was good. Yet then again, he could just be hiding it....

"Jake - what's going on? I heard a wolf...," I said worriedly.

And then Jacob spoke the words that made my heart fill up and swell with immense relief.

"Rachel...we got him," Jake said, his tone final and full of satisfaction.

"You...you got Amun? He's...gone?" I asked, hardly able to breathe because I was so happy.

"Yeah, and boy, was it awesome! But I doubt you want to hear all the details. Anyways, on a different subject, there's something else...everyone knows you broke up with Emmett...and, well, Paul...wants to talk to you about...stuff."

"Oh," I said, surprised.

"I can come and get you," Jacob offered. "If you're up to it."

As much as I was filled with so many emotions at once - my brother was safe, the man I loved was safe, Amun was destroyed, and Paul wanted to talk to me - I was able to think through it all and realized that this had to happen. It was now or never, and I was so happy that Paul and Jake and everyone else were alive, that that happiness empowered me.

"Okay," I told Jacob. "I'll do it."
♠ ♠ ♠
here's a short one, but there's lots more to come!!!!!!! show me some loveee!