Status: completed :)

You & I Collide

Epiphany

Paul

“You have no options, Paul,” Mr. Ateara said, facing me outside his house. “I’m sorry. I know that you love her—I can see it in your eyes—but you are just going to have to accept that you are what you are, and that is going to make things difficult for the both of you.”

I felt like punching somebody—like the very first Quileute dude who ever carried the werewolf gene. This, technically, was all his fault.

Mr. Ateara laid a gentle, wrinkled hand on my shoulder. “I know that this will be hard for you to deal with. And if there were any way that I could help you, please know that I would. But there just aren’t any other options. So…you go on, loving Rachel and caring for her…and then, should you imprint…that’s reality.”

No. I wouldn’t stand for this. This was so wrong. I loved Rachel with all my heart…I wouldn’t lose her. I wanted to be with her forever and ever. But how could I do that if I couldn’t imprint on her?

And suddenly…I knew.

I knew the answer to that question.

Maybe it wouldn’t make a difference…maybe it would. I didn’t care. But as soon as the thought crossed my mind, I knew that it was what I wanted in life more than anything else.

I wanted Rachel forever, and I was going to do my best to make sure I got her.

“Mr. Ateara,” I said boldly. “Thank you so much for your help tonight. I think that I finally found the answer to what I want. I don’t know if it will help matters much, but it will certainly make a change.”

“And what is your sudden epiphany, Paul?” Mr. Ateara asked, half amused, half serious.

I looked him straight in the eye and spoke the words that I knew were true, confessed the thing that I know I wanted.

“I’m going to ask Rachel to marry me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
omg omg omg omg!!!!!!!!! i can't wait to write what happens nexttt!!!!!!
comments and subscriptions are love! thanx!
<3 :)