Status: completed :)

You & I Collide

Future

Rachel

As soon as Paul and Mr. Ateara were gone, I whipped out my cell phone and speed-dialed the one person I really needed to talk to right now: Alice. When her cheerful voice flooded through the phone, it was all I could do not to collapse with relief.

“Alice,” I breathed. “I need to talk to you. I’m freaking out right now.” And then I proceeded to tell her everything. Normally, she would have already known what with the visions and all, but since Paul’s a werewolf, it would all be blanked out.

When I was finished with my rant, I listened closely as she spoke.

“I had…a vision about you, Rach,” she said quietly.

“A vision? When?”

“A little while ago. I didn’t want to worry you, so I didn’t tell you. Bella told Jacob as soon as she found out…but we didn’t want you to be worried.”

“Worried about what, Alice?” I said, feeling fear creep up my spine with an eerie, tingling sensation.

Alice huffed out a light breath. “I saw a vision about you an Emmett. You…are trying to protect him…from a werewolf. I don’t know who the wolf is, but I’m guessing it’s a werewolf because there’s a big blur in my vision. Bella said that she told Jake that it would involve you and someone else…but she didn’t say it was Emmett. You’re going to hurt someone’s feelings in the future.”

“Haven’t I done enough of that already?” I muttered.

“It has something to do with the vision, but because there are werewolves involved—and they’re involved quite greatly—I can’t make out a lot of the vision.”

I sighed. Great. Wonderful. Just what I needed right now. I was going to be even more of a witch than before, and it was going to involve Emmett and the wolves. Splendid.

“Look—I can’t imagine what you’re going through right now…but stay strong, okay? And just remember that even though Paul might imprint, he will always, always care about you.”

“Thanks, Alice,” I said. I was about to ask her more about the vision, but then I heard footsteps coming, and knew that Paul and Mr. Ateara were coming back in. I said a quick goodbye and slipped my phone into my pocket just as they came in.

“Hey,” Paul said, looking strangely happy. “What’re you up to?”

“Nothing,” I said. “Are we leaving?”

He nodded, holding back a grin for some odd reason. “Yeah. Let’s go.”

We thanked Mr. Ateara for his time and then drove off in Paul’s car. At first, I thought that he would drop me off at my house, since it was getting kind of late. But as we drove along different roads and then altogether passed the road to my house, I began to get suspicious.

“Paul?” I asked. “What are you doing?”

He glanced over at me with a smile. “Taking a chance,” he replied simply.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked, confused.

His smile grew larger. “You’ll see.”
♠ ♠ ♠
rachel doesn't know yettttt!!!!!! dun dun dun dun..... haha! so excited to write the proposal scene!!!!!! can't wait! but first i'ma need some lovin from the commentos and subscriptions! thanks!