Status: completed :)

You & I Collide

Duty

Jacob

I rushed through the forest, pushing myself to an incredible velocity. The scent of vampire was strong in the air; it was nauseating. Seth whined behind me, his thoughts pessimistic.

Suck it up, Leah thought bitterly.

Oh, so you're telling me you're enjoying the smell? Give me a break, Leah, Seth muttered.

You want to start something, Seth? 'Cause I'm ready. Leah thought as a growl slipped through her clenched teeth.

Cool it, guys, I ordered them impatiently. We have a job to do, remember?

Right, they thought in unison.

We all raced on through the forest, totally focused on the fact that Amun wasn't that far ahead. For some reason, now that we had an important task to commit to, the separate packs could coordinate with thoughts. Paul had an image of my sister's worried face from yesterday stuck in his head.

Focus, Paul, I thought. Even though I was the true Alpha, my demand had no affect on him. But Sam seemed to agree with me, so he barked at Paul.

Head in the game, Paul. Sam's tone was tense - he was worried. We all were. Amun was one of the Volturi, and that meant that he was especially dangerous. My paws padded against the forest floor as I ran onward. Fear crept up on me, though, and I couldn't hide it.

It's okay to be scared, Jake, Embry told me sympathetically. We all are.

I was about to tell Embry an awkward thank-you, when suddenly I skidded to a stop. The smell of vampire was extremely potent here. Hadn't smelled this bad since I was spending time at the Cullens, waiting as Bella's life was being drained from her. Stupid bloodsucker. Although things were kinda friendly between me and Edward, I still had a bit of hatred in me from when he forced that pain on Bella. Now the only stupid bloodsucker of the Cullens was that moronic blonde, Rosalie. Selfish, stupid, heartless, cruel...and, oh yeah, uh, beautiful, not that it, er, mattered. I remembered when Embry first saw her. His eyes had popped out of his head and he melted at her feet. Couldn't stop thinking about her for weeks.

All of this did not distract me from the smell in the air, though. I sniffed, and then uttered a growl. Sam, on my right flank, did the same.

He's close, Quil thought, the most eager of any of us. Of course, we were all excited to fight - it was a wolf thing - but we were all worried, too. Though most of us hid that fear with bravado...such as Jared.

Hey, man, I'm not scared! Jared complained defensively from behind.

I can read your thoughts, Jared. You were just about trembling with fear, like a little girl, I snickered.

All right, that's it! Jared shouted. His yell was louder in his thoughts that it would have been out loud, which was saying something, because Jared had a big mouth.

Let's roll, Jake. Come on - bring it.

Sam interceded. Both of you, shut up and focus. We don't have time for this. Jared instantly crumbled at the order of his Alpha. I just went along with it.

Jake? Sam prodded. I knew what he wanted. We had to make a move.

Let's keep heading north, I suggested. This leech is close, and he went that direction, anyway. Then I sensed unease in someone's thoughts, and I understood all too well when it was Paul.

Sam? I pressed. Maybe you should let him go home to Rachel, I thought gently. The poor guy was falling apart back there.

Sam heaved a sigh. All right, Paul. You can go home.

Thanks, Sam. You too, Jake, he thought gratefully. Fill me in later. For a second, Paul wondered if there would even be a later after this, but his love for my sister overcame his deliberation. We all watched the forest flash through his mind as he headed back to La Push.

Let's move, I commanded. It's time to end this. And then we all shot off running through the woods.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took kinda long to update. hope u like it!

comment or subscirbe if u want to i'd appreciate it!!! :)