Status: I'm going to try to work on my stories much more, cross country's pretty much over so I'll have more time.

This Isn't It

1

Finally, the plane had landed and we were walking on the way home.
"Matt? Can I say something?" I asked quietly.
"Sure, what is it?" He asked.
"I don't think we should stay together. It feels wrong dating you if I can't remember anything about you, and I think I should start fresh. It would make everything so much simpler, and simplicity is what I need."
His face flashed to one of enragement, then back to a complacent one. We walked for a few minutes before I had to have a reply of some sort.
"Matt, please say something."
"You want to break up because you can't remember anything," he stated more than asked.
I only nodded dumbly.
"How stupid can you be? I've never heard a more ridiculous thing!" He grabbed my upper arm tightly and led me into an alley.
Oh gosh, I thought. Here I go dying, now. But he kept leading me onward, so I didn't worry as much.
"I don't think it's stupid! Do you want to be in a relationship where you lie to each other? I don't!" I argued.
His grip on me tightened so much that I felt my arm starting to go numb.
"Matt, my arm –"
"Shut up!" He punctuated this with a backhand slap to my face. "You're just a stupid girl who has no idea what's going on, and who thinks she's all that because she knows a famous band! Well here it is: there's a reason nobody's found you yet! It's because no one wants you or wants to remember you! You're a worthless piece of shit," punch to the stomach.
I fell to the ground and gasped for air, forcing myself not to neither cry nor puke.
He pulled me up by the back of my shirt, stared me in the face, then slowly smiled and said, "I feel better now, so I'll even tell you a secret. Your parents don't live here and never have. As a matter of fact, they're dead. They died along with your useless sister in a car accident a few months ago. Now, since you're apparently so good at making friends, I'll leave you to do just that. I hope I never see your hideous face again." With that, he punched me again, just for good measure, and walked away as I laid on the ground crying.
What seemed like hours later, I forced myself to get up and at least get out of the alley, which, by now, was almost completely dark. I headed aimlessly down a sidewalk and came upon an empty park. I dropped my duffel on one end of a bench and laid down, using the bag for a pillow.

&&

Zack
"Something just felt weird, whenever Matt was around, you know? That feeling you get when you know you shouldn't trust somebody," I said as Alex and I ate breakfast.
He nodded. "I felt the same way. But I know we're wrong, aren't girls supposed to have that kind of sixth sense thing like that? Where they know whether or not to trust a guy? I know she would have said something if she had that feeling."
"Yeah, maybe."
"Maybe? Why wouldn't she?"
"Well, you know her. She never wanted us to have to go out of our way to do anything for her, that's just how she is. She might have just figured she could take care of herself just fine without us," I said.
He thought about what I said before shrugging. "Regardless, you gave her your number right? To call us if anything happens?"
I nodded. "I gave it to her, but she seemed kind of out of it when I did. She probably put it in her bag and forgot about it."
"They've only been home like what, a day? If that? Don't worry so much. He's fine, she's fine. We're all fine. Now, it's definitely time to find us some pretty ladies," he said, leaving his cereal bowl on the table and walking outside after putting his beanie on. I sighed and followed him out, knowing nothing good would come out of this.

&&

Brooke
The next morning I woke up to a full duffel and an unmarked, aside from Matt's hits, body, which I was thankful for. After sitting and watching all the runners, kids, and people walking their dogs, I decided to get up and find somewhere to change. My clothes had gotten disgusting. After doing so I realized if I was going to get any help a big city would probably be an easier place to find some. I counted out the money I had and found that I had three hundred in cash. Plenty for a bus ticket.

&&

I arrived in Charlotte the next day, the day before All Time Low was supposed to be here. I used up most of the rest of my money on a seemingly safe hotel in order to get a shower and be somewhat cleaner when I saw them again.
Luckily enough I found a swimsuit in my bag that I had never actually used. Definitely one of the many items of clothing the guys had picked out for me while I wasn't with them. I sighed and changed into it anyway, knowing there was a pool out back, and a relaxing swim was exactly what I needed.
I grabbed a towel from the bathroom and headed down to the pool, stopping on my way to get a bottle of water from the vending machine. The next three hours consisted of swimming and sunbathing, which were followed by a shower and a cab ride to the venue. As weird as it was, I was kind of nervous, though I had no idea why. Maybe it was fear of judgment for trusting someone I couldn't remember so easily. Then again, I trusted All Time Low with no trouble at all, so they couldn't really say anything.
Someone in heaven was definitely smiling down upon me today; there was someone at the door with an extra ticket. I quickly paid for it and joined the slowly moving line to go inside. After about thirty minutes I was inside, seated near the back, though it was general admission and I was sure I could've gotten closer. I enjoyed the two hour show, singing along with both There For Tomorrow and All Time Low. Once the show ended I allowed everyone else to flood out, while I tried to come up with an idea as to how I would get to find All Time Low. After all, they're guarded well. I decided to test my good fortune and see who was guarding the door tonight, and smiled widely. Probably the only guard who knew me and had ever talked to me at all was at the door.
"Carlos! Oh my gosh I missed you!" I smiled and hugged him.
He smiled as well and hugged me back. "What are you doing here? I thought you left with your boyfriend or whoever that guy was."
"I did, and things...didn't work out so well. I don't really want to talk about it right now, do you think I could see the guys for a few minutes?"
"Oh, yes, of course! I can't leave here, but I can find someone to help you find them," he held he door open for me.
"That's fine, I'm sure I'll be able to find them. Thanks again, so much!" I passed him and navigated my way around backstage, finding Jay after a few minutes. "Jay!"
He turned and smiled immediately when he saw me. "Brooke! What are you doing here?"
I shook my head. "I don't really wanna talk about it, I'd really just like to find Zack."
He nodded and led me outside to a now very familiar bus. He opened the door and allowed me to go inside first, then followed. "Hey guys! Look who I found!"
"Did you finally find someone shorter than you? Oh, too bad that can't happen!" Alex joked before seeing me. "Brooke! What in the world-"
"I'd rather just say it all at once, it might save me some humiliation," I interrupted.
He furrowed his eyebrows and nodded, turning to find the rest of the band. He emerged from the back seconds later with everyone else and we all sat down after greetings and hugs.
"Okay guys, so you're gonna wanna tell me 'I told you so', but Matt...he wasn't what I thought...or hoped, he was," I took a deep breath and continued. "We got to Asheville and I told him I wanted to break up, since I didn't think it was fair for him that I didn't remember anything, and he got pissed and he...he hit me. And he told me..." I paused to wipe a few tears from my eyes. "He told me that my family has been dead for months. They died in a car accident." With this I started bawling, and it took a few minutes for me to calm down enough to let the guys hug me and say they're sorry, though I told all of them it wasn't remotely their fault, so they had no reason to.
It was decided that I would stay with All Time Low on their bus for the remainder of the tour, at least, which was a depressing two weeks away. But I tried not to think about that. Instead, I concentrated on the movie we were watching, which, instead of making me feel better, was making me fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ack! Ten! I really like this story, it's very fun to write. Comments would be lovely.

Just a hint.

DID ANYONE SEE THE ENGLAND USA GAME?! Ooooooh I feel terrible for the England goalie. Sucks to be him.