Status: I'm going to try to work on my stories much more, cross country's pretty much over so I'll have more time.

This Isn't It

.4

Zack
"New York! New York!" I was jerked awake by Alex throwing open the door separating the bunks from the rest of the bus and stomping heavily to the kitchen area.
"Can you be any louder?" I grumbled, sitting up.
"Would you like me to be?" He asked.
"Smart ass," I whispered, going to stand up.
"You're gonna step on Broooooke," Jack sang, walking by into the kitchen as well, shoving Alex out of the way and taking his freshly poured cereal.
I barely looked down and realized in time that Brooke had slept on the floor, and stepped over her. I sighed and put her on the couch before finding a change of clothes from my suitcase. After I had changed I returned to the couch and lightly shook Brooke awake.
"Brooke, wake up," I whispered as she slowly woke.
"Why?" She rolled over, covering her face with the blanket.
I smiled. "Cause we're almost to Baltimore! You need to get ready. There's a suitcase on my bunk with some clothes for you."
She slowly sat up and disappeared into the bunk area. I waited a few seconds before she reappeared, holding a handful of some of the clothes we'd picked out. "I sure hope these are left over."
I smiled and shook my head, as did Jack and Alex. "They're yours."
She stared at us disbelievingly. "I definitely told you not to buy anything for me."
We waved her off and Jack gently pushed her back.

Brooke
I rummaged through the suitcase, my level of despair growing as I realized they had bought so much for me. I sighed and decided I couldn't do anything about it now but to pay them back as soon as I could, and picked out some skinny jeans, boots, long-sleeve shirt and a vest before brushing my teeth and hair and finding my way back to the front.
"Ready to see the greatest city ever?" Alex asked me, pulling me off the bus.
"I don't know, what if I can't handle the excitement?" I played along.
He glanced back at Zack. "I think Zack would be more than happy to catch you if you should decide to faint."
"As would everyone else, I'm sure," Zack added.
I smiled and followed them through the back door of a huge building, inside which there was a million people running around yelling at each other. I felt someone grab my hand and lead me through the crowds and into a dressing room before the door was closed behind us.
We mostly bummed around for another hour before the door opened and the head of the guys' manager, David, popped around it. "The girls who won the VIP tickets are here," he said before disappearing again, and was replaced immediately by two eager fans.
"Hi!" Jack yelled, running over to hug them. As he did so they looked as though they were going to pass out or scream. Or both. Their excitement nearly went through the roof as the other guys joined in on the hug.
"Hey, I'm Amanda," the one with long, straight brown hair said, smiling, ten she motioned to her blonde friend. "This is Natasha."
Jack and Alex immediately were drawn to Amanda, leaving Natasha, Rian, Zack, and I to talk to each other. Without realizing it, I found myself daydreaming about everyone that had happened so far after the accident. It felt like I had been living with these guys for forever, but it had only been a week. I wondered what would have happened to me if they hadn't happened to have stopped for a bathroom break. Would I have died? I guess there's no way to find out now, I thought.
"Brooke? Are you okay?" Zack asked.
I snapped my attention back to the conversation and realized they had stopped talking and were all looking at me. Aside from Jack, Alex, and Amanda, of course. I nodded quickly. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Just kind of zoned out a minute there."
I glanced at Natasha, whose gaze was shifting between Zack and I curiously. "Are you two dating?" She asked.
I knew I was blushing, as was Zack. "No, we're not. Just good friends," Zack answered.
Her posture relaxed some. "Oh, that's too bad. You two would be so cute together!"
I smiled and laughed anyway, trying to avoid making the conversation take an awkward turn.
"Boys, show time!" David came in again, this time with a bodyguard, probably to make sure Amanda and Natasha found their places alright. I followed them out the door and closed the door behind me since I was last. Amanda, Natasha, and I told them each good luck and they started to head out. I stepped forward and caught Zack's hand.
"Yeah?" He asked.
I opened my mouth to reply, but realized I had no idea why I'd stopped him, so I hugged him again and kissed him on the cheek before saying, "Play great out there."
He looked at me for a few seconds before Alex said, "Zack, we need a bass for the songs, you can go gallivant later!"
Without another word Zack turned and jogged on stage, which resulted in even louder cheering of the crowd. As he turned to face them it was easy to see even from my spot from backstage he was grinning widely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's a little shorter than usual, but I thought it was cute ending there. :]

I saw New moon earlier! Taylor Lautner was MIGHT FINE! haha

And I really love all the positive feedback I'm getting! I really appreciate it!