Status: I'm going to try to work on my stories much more, cross country's pretty much over so I'll have more time.

This Isn't It

.5

"Before our next song, we'd like to introduce you to someone. She fell down the side of a small mountain in Maine, and suffered from memory loss. Her name is Brooke, and she's staying with us on the bus until we can find her family," he looked at me and they all motioned me on stage. I shook my head, but was forced to show myself after one of the stagehands lightly pushed me out. "If any of you have heard any missing persons reports of someone named Brooke, just tell one of the security guards and hopefully we can help find her home. Now how about that last song?"
They finished their set and ran off, each of them giving me a sweaty hug as they went by, as well as a kiss on the cheek from Zack. I waited in their dressing room as they each rinsed off in the showers. As I did so, my gaze fell on an abandoned Nikon camera. It was big, and obviously very nice, so I didn't want to touch it, but I was really bored and wanted to try. I decided that taking a couple pictures and then deleting them wouldn't hurt, so I turned it on and messed with the options. The door to the bathroom opened and surprised me, resulting in my pressing the take button, which captured Zack's surprised expression as he stepped out.
I blushed and smile sheepishly before putting the camera on the table again after turning it off. He smiled as well and said, "It's my camera, I don't care if you use it."
"Good, cause I think I would have come back in here and taken it anyway."
"Taken what anyway?" Rian appeared as well.
"My camera," Zack replied before telling Alex and Jack to hurry up.
"Time for the meet and greet!" Danny, All Time Low's merch guy, came in.
"Yay! Woot woot!" Jack came in. He went and stood in front of Alex.. "Hello there young sir, my name is Jack Bassam Barakat. I am a member in your band, All Time Low."
"Hello, Jack, I am Alex Gaskarth, also a member of All Time Low," Alex replied.
"Yes, I know that you twat, do you think I was raised by baboons? Now, hurry you lads and lassies, we have more important people to meet!" We followed Jack out the door laughing and were still smiling as they sat down at the table. I stood off to the side, hopefully out of everyone's way, and took pictures the whole time.
In the middle of my picture taking, I was interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. I glanced behind me to see a tall guy who looked to be about 22 or 23, with curly blonde hair. I only blinked at him in response.
"Brooke?" He asked, in awe. "Where have you been?"
I was completely confused. "What are you talking about? I've been right here for the past half hour."
He smiled and shook his head before hugging me and planting a kiss on my cheek. "No, for the past few months. Don't you remember me? I missed you."
I had absolutely no clue what to say. "I missed you too?"
He laughed quietly. "You really don't remember me? Did something happen to you?"
"I fell down a mountain and lost my memory," I informed him.
His eyes widened and he hugged me again, tighter. "Oh my gosh, when?"
"Last week. But I'm fine."
"You don’t look fine," he commented, eyeing the cast on my leg.
I shrugged. "People break their legs all the time. Not to be rude, but who did you say you are again?"
He smiled. "I'm Matt, your boyfriend!"
My mouth formed an 'o' in surprise. "Seriously?"
He nodded and started to say something before he was interrupted by Jack. "Brooke! We're done! Now we can go wreak more havoc! Who's this?"
"Oh um, this is Matt, my...boyfriend," the word seemed to feel weird coming from my mouth, especially describing Matt.
Jack's eyebrows knit together in confusion, but he greeted Matt anyway before turning away. "Zack's not gonna like that..." he sang as he passed me, so only I could hear.
"What am I not gonna like?" Zack asked, appearing out of nowhere. I hadn't realized the line to meet the band had disappeared except for a few stragglers.
"Nothing," I replied, turning to face him. "This is Matt."
"Her boyfriend," he added.
I watched as Zack's expression changed between surprise to hurt to anger, and felt sick. "Zack, I didn't know, I swear-"
"Of course you didn't. I know. I believe you. It's not a problem," he and forced a smile. "That's great. So are you going home?"
I hadn't even thought about it. I glanced up at Matt – way up – and he smiled and nodded. "If you want to, I can take you back."
"Where is back?" I asked.
"Asheville, North Carolina," he replied.
"Oh, one of our stops is Charlotte! You should just stay with us and then skedaddle on your way after!" Alex jumped in. I had no idea he was even listening, or close enough to for that matter.
"I dunno," I started but was interrupted again.
"No, you have to! You can't just leave us all suddenly!" Jack said, putting an arm around my shoulder.
I smiled. "I...guess so. No, there's not enough room. I'm sure we can get a plane back or something."
"Brooke. You're staying, come on, Matt!" Jack and Alex pulled me backstage again, after letting me hand Zack his camera back.
"You get to meet There For Tomorrow now!" Alex grinned. "They're going to be our supporting act for the rest of the tour! Way cool guys."
"Why haven't I heard about that before now? You gotta give me a warning when I'm going to be meeting new people!" I joked. "I gotta look extra purty!"
"Silly girl, that's not possible!" Jack tousled my hair, earning a fake glare from me for it.
"Thanks for that," I said, fixing it.
"Jack!" A yell was heard as we turned the corner heading to the bus. I looked up to see a tall guy, around twenty, with black hair and dark brown eyes approaching us, smiling widely and showing off his bright, white teeth.
"Maika!" Jack yelled and they did that one-armed guy-hug. Everyone else greeted Maika before I was introduced to him by Rian.
"Maika, this is Brooke, we told you about her? And this is her boyfriend Matt."
After he greeted us as well, me with a hug, three other guys appeared. One was short, and was Latino, with short black hair and big eyes. The next was taller, about 5'11" or six feet, and had a dirty blonde fohawk, with green eyes, and the last stood around 5'10" had shaggy brown hair and either green or blues eyes as well. Rian informed me Jay was the Latino one, Christian the tall one, and Chris the one with brown hair.Who was totally gorgeous.

Zack
I watched and listened to Brooke laugh at stories Maika, Chris, Jay, and Christian were telling about their childhoods, and their experiences on the way here, wondering why I couldn't be the one making her laugh. Why in the world this Matt guy chose now of all times to show up, and what I had done to deserve such bad luck. How did he know she would be here tonight, anyway? I wondered as well.
"-no, it definitely was not me who kept stealing your clothes, Maika, I wouldn't want to curse the world with that," Chris was insisting as I tuned into the conversation.
"Then who would it have been? Jay and Christian were out all day and you were the only other one who had been on the bus the whole day aside from me!" Maika argued.
"Maybe someone else was on the bus and you didn't know it," Brooke offered, yawning, with her eyes closed, leaning on Matt's shoulder.
"Not possible, Dan knows never to let anyone on the bus he doesn't know without us," Maika informed her. "Especially after when he let that one girl on the bus who insisted that she was Christian's girlfriend. That's a funny story-"
"That we'll have to tell another time," Christian interrupted, glancing at Brooke, who was now sleeping. Everyone got the message and left, leaving Brooke and Matt on the couch. Within minutes I was almost asleep in my bunk, but was interrupted by Rian.
"Zack, you okay? You were seriously quiet earlier. Don't be mad at Brooke, she couldn't remember."
"I'm fine. I'm not mad. I know she couldn't remember. It's cool."
"Are you sure? Cause you seemed pretty pissed earlier."
I didn't answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just HAD to throw There For Tomorrow in there. I couldn't resist :] Feedback would be oh so extremely lovely. I for real appreciate it when you guys do.

Btw the There For Tomorrow/Mayday Parade/Vega On Fire/The Dangerous Summer concert was BEAST! I was front row baby! For rizzle, my knees are covered in bruises from hitting the stage. I'm so hardcore. haha. laugh.