‹ Prequel: Admit It
Status: In progress

Walk Away (Maybe)

x014.

It's been a year since the day I told Nick I loved him. Today was September 23rd, and our anniversary was September 25th. Our one year.

A whole year.

365 days.

With him. We made it.

Tori and Joe were still together and stronger than ever. They're still adorable. Kevin's happily married and Danielle gave birth to a beautiful little girl, who they named Layla. I babysit for them all the time. I love her; she's the cutest baby I've ever met. Taylor's dating someone from Love and Theft ('scuse me for forgetting his name, I've never met the guy). She's on tour with them (again) and is happy. She calls us every now and then.

After the boys tour ended in January, they gave their music a break and focused on their TV show. Joe scored the lead male role in a movie too, and it always has him busy. It doesn't bother Tori very much. It would bother me, though, if Nick was always gone and I never saw him.

That would really bother me, actually...

Anyway. As I said, our anniversary is coming up and I'm a nervous wreck. What if he forgot? No, no, he wouldn't forget something that important.

It is important, right? More important than his show?

Maybe I'm being selfish. The show means a lot to him; his whole career does. Was I distracting him from fulfilling his dreams?

I walked to my room slowly, thinking. The guys had rented out an apartment for me and Tori. We wanted to pay the rent, but they refused to let us. Their show and Joe's movie were both filmed in the same area so we figured the tour bus would be useless. Big Rob lives nearby, just in case of any emergencies.

They were still filming and Tori was napping. So I sat on my bed, the apartment eerily quiet. We were home schooled and today was Saturday. What was I supposed to do? Just wait for Nick?

Sighing, I flopped backwards on my bed. I had gone to public school only for a short amount of time. I had daddy sign me out, and Tori followed. I was made fun of a lot as a kid. I was only around...7 years old, maybe, and was teased daily because I had a really bad lisp problem. It made me upset so I left and haven't gone back since. I didn't make Tori leave too, she said she wanted to; she didn't want me alone. When I turned 11, daddy moved us into a hotel when his business picked up. This is the first time I've lived in a normal place in years. (Excluding the tour bus...even though that's not too normal.)

I did have friends, though, back then. Only a few, but still. Being home schooled prevented us from really making friends. If I had never been home schooled, we wouldn't have met the boys. So I guess I'm pretty glad I don't go to public school. Even though I'd like to have more friends. But whatever, I can't have everything.

I got bored laying there and got up, heading into the kitchen. I saw a box on the counter and remembered I promised Joe I'd make him cupcakes. Smiling, I got the ingredients out. I turned on the iPod dock, grinning as the music started.

Bottoms up, bottoms up, throw your hands up. Tell security we 'bout to tear this club up...

You know, I'm a good dancer. I'm not cocky or anything, but it's true. I always had an interest in dance. I used to even take ballet, but that wasn't really my thing.

Well, I remember the sleepless nights when I would lie awake; If only I could tell you how I feel...” The slow song, Sleepless by Until June, ended and a faster song began.

Poppin bottles in the ice, like a blizzard. When we drink, we do it right, gettin' slizzard. Sippin sizzurp in my ride, in my ride, like three 6. Now I'm feelin' so fly like a g6.” I sang along, dancing around the kitchen, waiting for the cupcakes to finish baking.

“Well,” a voice said behind me. I whirled around, “am I gonna come home to this every day?” Nick smirked, approaching me. I huffed.

“Shut up.” He grinned, kissing my lips.

“Were you eating the frosting?” He asked, pulling back.

“No?” I said sheepishly. He shook his head, kissing me again. I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing back. He pulled away slightly, looking down at me, his forehead resting against mine, our noses brushing.

“I love you.” As always, butterflies swarmed my stomach.

“I love you, too.” Ding! I moved to the oven, pulling on the mitt and opening it. I bent over, grabbing the tray of confetti cupcakes and placing them on the counter for them to cool. He wrapped his arms around me after I closed the oven, his lips massaging my neck. I shivered, biting my lip. “Nick, cut it out.” I mumbled. “Tori's upstairs.”

“Mmm, I don't care.”

“Nick...” I warned.

“Hmmm?”

“Where are your brothers?”

“I dunno.” I sighed, turning to face him.

“I made these for Joe, where is he?” I looked into his dark chocolate eyes, lust glowing in them, making me a tad nervous.

“I dunno.” He repeated, smashing our lips together roughly. He pressed me up against the counter, his tongue forcing itself inside my mouth. I whimpered, pushing myself against him. His hand tangled itself in my hair as he deepened the kiss. I was lifted onto the counter top and I wrapped my legs around his waist, pulling him into me. He groaned as our hips met. He detached our lips, attacking my shoulder as his hand slipped up my leg, to my thigh, to the bottom of my shorts, stopping there momentarily. He stared into my eyes as I fought to catch my breath, gaze dropping down to his hand, then back to me. “Come on.” He tugged me toward the stairs.

“Huh?” I was confused. “Wait, why?”

“Just follow me.” His voice was husky. It was hot, but it was also kinda nerve wracking. What did he want to do? I didn't get to find out because the door burst open as Joe entered, yelling,

“I'M HOME!” He grinned at us. “Where's my baby?”

“Sleeping.” I answered, pulling away from Nick and walking back down. I could have sworn I heard him growl behind me, but dismissed it.

“Aww.” He cooed. “Well that's–” He stopped, suddenly smelling the air and rushing into the kitchen. “CUPCAKES!” He screamed.

“No, Joe, don't touch them!”

“OW! OW! HOT!”

“Idiot.” I smacked my forehead, shaking my head. I glanced at Nick, but he stood there with a sour expression, hands in his pockets. “Nick?” I moved closer. “Are you okay?”

“I'm fine.” He answered simply, not meeting my eyes.

“You're lying.” I replied, frowning. “What's the matter?”

“I just...” he glanced at Joe, “wanted to..”

“What?” I blinked, head tilting. He made a gesture at me with his hand, but I still didn't get it. “Uhm...”

“I wanted to touch you.” He said quickly. “Okay?” My eyes were wide, my face on fire.

“You..you...what?” This had happened before and I don't wanna talk about it cause my cheeks still burn even thinking about it. Of course, then, it was the other way around. GAH. I'm not talking about it!

“I'm not saying it again.” He grumbled, blushing, annoyed. I could hear Joe singing about the cupcakes and tried tuning it out. Our relationship was moving to the next level. Was I ready for that? I mean, we're almost at a year, but...I've never done stuff like that before. Except when I gave him a handj-

NO. NO. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT. IT WAS JUST ONE TIME, OKAY? OKAY?

Ahem. Excuse me.

I love Nick with all my heart, but I'm nervous. Dreadfully nervous I had been and am. But why would you say that I am mad?

Sorry. Poe moment there.

Nick moved away from me, back into the kitchen and sat at the table. I sighed.

“Have I ever told you,” Joe said, scarfing down a cupcake, “that I love you?”

“Loads of times.” I answered.

“And you can bake stuff for me whenever you want.”

“Yeah, yeah. I know.”

“Joe?” A tired voice squeaked. Tori came downstairs, yawning.

“Tori!” He grinned, hugging her tightly. “I love you!”

“Who gave him sugar?”

“Not me.” I squeaked.

“She made me cupcakes! Cupcaaaaakes!” He beamed, kissing her. I smiled. Tori's so happy with him. When she's happy, I'm happy.

Or at least I will be when Mr. Sourpuss stops giving me that look from over there.

Ugh.

Men are so weird.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY LOOK OVER THERE.

*hides*

Please do not kill me. O.o

I lost my inspiration for this but it's back! :D (Maybe...I don't know yet.)

Well. I'm sorry for not updating in months.

But here it is.

This story is going to take a pretty ~interesting~ turn, I assure you.

AYYO. WHILE YOU'RE READING THIS, WHY DON'TCHA FOLLOW ME ON TUMBLR?

nickjaysmile.tumblr.com

Thank ya <3