‹ Prequel: Admit It
Status: In progress

Walk Away (Maybe)

x003.

TORI'S POINT OF VIEW
ONE WEEK LATER

"Bri saw the concert." I smiled.

"Where you sang?" Taylor asked, mouth full of the waffle she'd just taken a bite of.

"Very ladylike." I snorted. She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, she liked it." She swallowed.

"Duh. You were amazing." I shrugged slightly, dismissing the compliment.

"I wonder if she'll sing with them." I said.

"Can she even sing?" She asked.

"Yeah." I pulled out my phone, flipping it open. "Well, let's just see."

BRIANNA'S POINT OF VIEW

"Promise, I'll be kind. But I won't stop until that boy is mine! Baby, you'll be famous. Chase you down until you love me-!" I sang loudly, off key, but was interrupted as my phone went off.

"Thank God." Joe mumbled. I smacked the back of his head, answering.

"Brianna speaking."

"Tori speaking."

"YO, SEXY!" I exclaimed.

"Who is it?" Joe asked.

"Taylor." I cocked an eyebrow. His nose crinkled.

"My name's not Taylor!" Tori said, hearing what I said.

"I know that." I rolled my eyes. "Is there a reason you called?"

"For once."

"It's Tori? Let me talk to her!" Joe pounced at me, going for the phone. I screamed, jumping up from the couch.

"Could you not scream in my ear?" Tori said.

"He's chasing me!"

"Who?"

"Joseph!"

"Come on, Bri! I never get to talk to her!" He complained.

"He wants to talk to me?"

"Yup." She paused.

"Give him the phone."

"But, you said-"

"Give him the phone."

"But-"

"GIVE HIM THE PHONE!"

"OKAY!" I turned around, going back into Joe and Kevin's room, which was connected to me and Nick's. Joe sat on the couch, arms stubbornly crossed across his chest. "Here." He huffed, snatching the cellular device.

"Thank you." I rolled my eyes. "Tori!" He brightened right up. It hurt a little to see. Joe still didn't know about her boyfriend, and was still head over heels for her. I sighed, again going into my room.

JOE'S POINT OF VIEW

"Hey, Joe." Tori said. I smiled.

"What's up? How are you?"

"I'm good. So is Taylor." I scowled. "Oh, come on, Joe. Taylor's awesome." I scoffed.

"Whatever."

"Anyway." I could almost hear her roll her eyes. "I have a favor to ask of you."

"Oh?" I said, interested. "And what might that favor be?"

THAT NIGHT; JONAS BROTHERS CONCERT
BRIANNA'S POINT OF VIEW

"Now, here's a song you all know, but with a little twist!" Joe announced, smiling as the fans reacted positively.

"This next song is called Before The Storm-" The crowd roared. "But, Miley Cyrus couldn't be here tonight."

"AWW!" The audience yelled.

"So instead, we have my girlfriend, Bri, helping us out." Excuse me? I deadpanned him from backstage. He smiled, beckoning me over. I shook my head, turning to make a run for it. But I ran smack into Kevin.

"No! Kevin, don't be mean! Don't do it!" I protested as he leaded me out onto stage. More like forced. The crowed screamed. And right now they're all judging me. Hating me for being involved with their heroes. I flinched away. Or, I tried to. Nick's arm wrapped around me before I got very far.

"It's okay." He whispered. "Sing."

"I can't." I whispered miserably. "I-I can't do this."

"Yes, you can." He smiled. "Sing with me." The music started. I bit my lip, clinging onto him as Joe handed me a mic.

"You'll do great." Joe assured. I clutched the mic in my hand, barely catching the cue to start.

BRIANNA ;
I know this isn't what I wanted
Never thought it'd come this far
Just thinking back to where we started
And how we lost all that we are


I gaped as the audience screamed and yelled with approval. They like me? Oh, God. The like me!

NICK ;
We were young and times were easy
But I could see it's not the same
I'm standing here but you don't see me
I'd give it all for that to change
And I don't want to lose her
Don't want to let her go


I faced him, staring into his eyes. He was smiling brightly. I returned the gesture, now a little less nervous.

BRIANNA ;
I'm standing out in the rain
I need to know if its over
Cause I will leave you alone


NICK ;
Flooded with all this pain
Knowing that I'll never hold her
Like I did before the storm
And with every strike of lightning


BRIANNA ;
Comes a memory that lasts


BOTH ;
Not a word is left unspoken
As the thunder starts to crash


BRIANNA ;
Maybe I should give up
I'm standing out in the rain
I need to know if its over
Cause I will leave you alone


NICK ;
Flooded with all this pain
Knowing that I'll never hold her
Like I did before the storm


BRIANNA ;
Trying to keep the light from going in

BOTH
And the clouds from ripping out my broken heart
We always say a heart is not whole
Without the one who gets you through the storm
Standing out in the rain
Knowing that it's really over
Please don't leave me alone
I'm flooded with all this pain
Knowing that I'll never hold you
Like I did before the storm
Like I did before the storm


I lowed the mic away from me, smiling through my tears. It was amazing - being on stage. I knew how the boys felt. Nick surprised me by leaning in, kissing me on the mouth. I dropped the microphone, wrapping my arms around his neck. He smiled, pulling me close before breaking away. He rested his forehead against mine. It was then I realized.

I really was falling in love with him.
And maybe, I thought, he was falling in love with me, too.