Status: Taking a little bit longer than I expected to get the next one out, but I'm working on it!

Everything You Are

Previous Encounters

Hello. My name is Stella Cullen, and this is my story, but first before I begin you should know some things about me. I am 15 years-old and will remain that way forever. I am a vampire, but we call ourselves 'vegetarians' we don't drink the blood of humans, we drink the blood of animals so we are different from others of our kind. I am also the biological sister of Alice Cullen. We both live now with Carlisle, Esme and the rest of our family. Alice has found a mate named Jasper and she couldn't be happier, so I'm happy for her.

About Alice and I. We were both sent to the same asylum. Her for saying she could see the future and me for saying I could see into people's souls. We both were locked up their and forgotten by our family. We were changed on the same day by one of the doctors but at the time we had no idea who had changed us. We both woke up at the same time in our new lives, remembering nothing from our old ones except that we were sisters. Alice saw us finding Jasper and living with the Cullens, so we were able to stay sane while being newborns. I set out with Alice and we found Jasper and the Cullens and live with them today.

Now about my gift. As a human when I said I could 'See into others souls' I wasn't that far off. My gift as a vampire is if I make eye contact with anyone human, vampire, werewolf whichever. I will be able to see through to their very core and see everything bad that have ever done in their lives. I can feel the pain of others that they've hurt. The terror they've caused, the jealousy, the rage whichever it may be. Most of the time it's painful so needless to say I don't make eye contact with others very much. To keep this from happening I will never look directly at a person, unless it's someone in my family, so during school hours or when out and about I wear sunglasses as though I were blind, but I'm not. Carlisle was able to get a prescription so I was allowed to wear them during school house, so it won't look awkward when I'm talking to you, but looking at anything but you. Also, Alice's gift of seeing into the future doesn't work on me, Carlisle thinks it's because of the blood relation between us, but in her visions she won't see me, she will see others but not me.

Now to understand where I will be starting to tell the story. You must know of the few previous encounters I've had with the Volturi. There are two significant ones in particular I can think of...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alice, Bella and I were racing against time to save Edward. Alice and I had come back to Forks after Alice had a vision that Bella jumped off a cliff, to comfort Charlie and see if it was true. We were surprised to find Bella in fact alive, but then Alice had another vision that Rose told Edward Bella was dead so now he was off to Volterra to kill himself. Alice, Bella and I hopped on the next plane to Italy and eventually found our way to Volterra. Bella was currently running through the streets to the clock tower to save Edward in time while Alice and I had to stick to the shadows. My long brown hair that stopped at about the middle of my back was slightly curly today and my bangs were blown out of my face as the wind rushed through them. I wore my usual sunglasses I also wore black jeans, black heeled UGG boots over my jeans a plain white V-neck T-shirt and a black leather bomber jacket over it.

Alice and I rushed through the back streets with Alice, I glanced over at her, not being afraid to look having seen into her soul so many times. "Do you think she'll get there in time?" I asked. Alice looked worried. "We can only hope she does." She sounded concerned and almost trying to convince herself everything was going to be ok. She had lied to Jasper about coming home safe and sound and the truth was. We weren't sure if we were going to be coming home alive or not. We got to the clock tower and noticed that in an alley way behind it Edward was infront of Bella in a protective stance, surrounded by two cloaked Volturi guards. I couldn't tell you who they were, the past times my family had encountered the Volturi Alice, Jasper and I weren't with them. This was my first time seeing any of them. Both Volturi members were planning to come at Edward from both sides, he didn't stand a chance while he was trying to protect Bella. Alice jumped into the alley way.

"Let's behave now, shall we?" Alice casually strolled over to Edward's side swinging her arms cheerefully like a child. "There are ladies present." I followed shortly after not saying a word, but stuffing my hands in my pockets and standing next to Alice. The guard members didn't seem to back off, not liking uneven numbers. I kept my eyes on the ground to not make eye contact, but I was watching their feet, or their cloaks in this case and I was listening to every step they took. The Volturi members seemed to be reasoning with Edward now, trying to be civil. Alice reminded them that we weren't alone, there was a small family gathered at the front of the alley way. The tension continued to worsen until finally someone broke it.

"Enough." came a high pitched voice sounded from behind us. My eyes shifted to the bottom of a cloak, judgin from the size of the cloak and the sound of the voice. It was a girl around my age. They had girls my age in the Volturi? That was a bit of a shock to me. The two other members relaxed and seemed to grow confident, Edward relaxed but in defeat, who was this girl exactly? Was she really this powerful? "Jane." Edward said as a greeting and in defeat. Jane told us to follow her. We dropped down into the underground tunnels, Jane leading the way and the other two members following behind us.

We finally made it to a room that had off white walls and gray carpet. I glanced at Edward and Bella long enough to see Edward's jaw tighten. We kept walking though, at the end of this hall Jane was in an elevator, holding the doors open for us. We all filed in and the doors shut the two Volturi members pulled down the hoods of their cloaks, but I didn't look to see their faces, Jane's hood had been down all along. The Elavator ride was short, then we stepped out into an almost reception like area. The walls had wood paneling and the carpet was a deep green, there were no windows but many bright and colorful paintings. There were pale couches and glossy tables. In the middle was a desk with a receptionist behind it.

I heard her voice as she greeted Jane, Jane replied with her greeting and we continued to a set of double doors. We walked throught those doors and then there was another reception room. There was another vampire in this one though, I could smell him, I watched his feet as he approached us. There was a smile in his voice as he said the name "Jane." as a greeting. Their feet mingled as the embraced eachother "Alec." She answered back. I could here the relation in their voices but what confused me was the slight twing of jealousy I felt. Alec's voice sounded very alluring to me, and he smelled of the Italian countryside. I watched as his feet angled towards us.

"They send you out for one and you being back three.... and a half." He must have been referring to Bella in that comment. "Nice work." he told his sister who laughed in delight. Edward and Alec exchanged greetings then there was bit of a scuffle when one member called "Dibs" on Bella but it was quickly resolved and Alec said "Aro will be so pleased to see you again." then Jane suggested "Let's not keep him waiting" We walked through a few more series of halls, Jane and Alec leading the way and we finally ended up in a stone castle turret.

At the very top light was shining in from small windows and the only pieces of furniture in the room were three wooden thrones. There were handful of people in the room, then one person who seemed to be improtant spoke a greeting allowed to Jane, then the entire group converged on us. Who ever it was greeted Edward as well and was excited to see that Bella, Alice and I were here as well. The man talked with Edward and then flattered Alice on her gift of sight. The man must have realized we had no idea who he was. He introduced himself as Aro, one of the main members of the Volturi. Aro also explained his giftand how he knew us. Then the other brothers came in Cauis and Marcus, Aro told them excitedly how Bella was alive and Alice and I were here with her.

There was along discussion about Edward's self control and his relationship with Bella, also what would happen to Bella now that she knew our secret. It was decided that she would become a vampire, or die. Edward was going to have to finally give in and change her, eventually I would get a new sister. Not that she wasn;t already like my sister, but now she would be with us forever. Aro sighed and spoke "Now that that topic is over with. I would like to move onto another topic of interest." I saw Aro's feet misiscually shift towards me. "Stella, would you be so kind as to step forward dear?" Suprised I glanced at Alice, who gave me a reassuring nod and I stepped forward my eyes intently trained on Aro's feet.

I heard the smile in his voice "Your gift is what interests me the most. To be able to see into someone's very soul and see everything bad they've ever done, must be convenient but frightening indeed. I can understand why you hesitate to make eye contact with others, and to be so young when you were changed, only 15. That's the age of Jane and Alec." He paused to I nodded and answered "It is very young indeed." Aro's voice became more excited "Your voice is as beautiful as in Edward's thoughts, but you wear those glasses all the time. It hides so much of your beauty. Would you be so kind as to take them off?"

I hesitated, but knew even though he asked that I had no choice. I took my glasses off and stuck them in my back pocket, there were gasps and low murmurs around the room, but I didn't know what for. I just kept looking at Aro's feet. "It avoids the awkward conversation with a person explaining why I'm not looking at them when I'm talking to them." Aro's voice probably couldn't have gotten any more excited when he asked "Would you be so kind as to look at me and then allow me to see your thoughts to see what it's like?" I nodded slowly and answered "Certainly." I took a deep and slow breathe preparing my self for three thousand years worth of killing to survive and other unspeakable things. Then my eyes flashed to Aro's face and for the first time I saw what he looked like. Pale oniony skin and jet black hair then my eyes came in contact with his red ones and the images flashed before my eyes. All the people he had killed, all the lies he had commited all the innocent souls he stole from this earth. I held back a gasp, flinched slightly and blinked when the images had goen away.

I stepped up to Aro and held out my hand for him, he smiled excitedly and touched my hand. Reading my thoughts, he gasped and faltered in his steps. The toher vampires drew in tighter around him and many growled and hissed at me. My eyes snapped to the ground, taking in everyone's feet and the angles of them, in case I had to futily try to fight them off. Aro said "Enough." and all growling and hissing immediately stopped. I looked back up at Aro as he tried to recover from his shock. "Incredible." was all he said "You really did see everything. What a wonderful but painful gift that is." I shrugged slightly. "It all depends on how many bad things a person has done in his or her lifetime." Aro smiled "What a wonderful asset you could make to our guard. Will you consider staying here and joining us? As part of our family." I glanced at Alice to tried to put up and expression of 'It's your choice' but I could tell she didn't want me to leave. I turned back to Aro and smiled slightly "I'm deeply sorry Aro but I must decline your offer. I have a sister and another family back home. Whom I should really be getting back to." Aro nodded a bit disappointed "Then I shall keep you no longer. Good-bye then. I'm sure we will meeting again sometime.

I quickly turned around slipped my glasses back on and walked out with Alice and Edward who was steering Bella out of the room just as their 'meal' was filing in.

And that was the first time I was in the prescence of my mate. Alec of the Volturi.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Stella's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/stellas_outfit/set?id=13392776
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own the Twilight series or characters. I do own Stella Cullen, she is my made up character. All other credit goes to Stephanie Meyer.