Status: Taking a little bit longer than I expected to get the next one out, but I'm working on it!

Everything You Are

When He First Met Her

The first time I met HER was maybe 12 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That day we all knew Edward Cullen was going to force our hand to kill him. He had fallen in love with a human and she had died. The fool, he should have known better in the first place, humans are nothing but food, you kill them, eat them and throw away the rest, not fall in love with them! Anyway, we all knew it was coming, Aro was very sad he wanted him to join us, the idiotic 'vegetarian' he and his 'family' were only prolonging the inevitable, they couldn't last forever on their 'food sources' it wasn’t part of the natural order of things.

Jane, Demitri and Felix were sent out to kill the Cullen before he could expose us. I stayed back with the others in the throne room. Aro was deeply saddened by all of this, but I didn't care the fool Cullen deserved it. After this little incident was over we were all going to have a meal. The toll of the clock tower sounded, it was noon and soon the Cullen would be dead.

10 minutes later the doors opened and my twin Jane walked in. I knew something was different when it took her that long to get back. Then I saw the Cullen, two vampires that I didn’t recognize and the human Bella. I smiled though as I greeted my sister “Jane.” I then embraced her in a hug. “Alec.” She greeted me as well. I then looked at the group of vampires, and human that she brought with them. “They send you out to find one and you bring back three and a half.” The human was clutching to Edward’s side as if she were a pet and Edward had his arm around her waist, it was sickening to see. Then there were the two new vampires, they were obviously related probably sisters. They were both short in stature one looking to be about 17 and the other was younger than her sister, possible mine and Jane’s age. Her long black hair was curly and fell beautifully around her face, but her eyes and most of her face were covered by sunglasses that she wore, which was odd. She smelled like a plant’s leaves after it just rained, she was delicate and almost fragile to me. I couldn’t help but stare for a short second she was so beautiful, and that me, curious? Angry? Jealous? Scared? I don’t know but whatever this feeling was I didn’t like it.

I quickly looked at my sister and pushed the feelings away for now “Good work.” I congratulated Jane, she laughed in delight at this. I then greeted Edward and things were going well until Felix called “Dibs.” There was a bit of a scuffle which I quickly put to an end by saying “Aro will be so pleased to see you again.” Then Jane quickly suggested “Let’s not keep him waiting.” Then we continued walking Jane and I leading the way until we made it to the throne room. Jane and I steered off to the right and left the Cullen’s and Bella, Aro spoke a greeting to Jane but I tuned out after that not listening.

That was until Aro switched to another topic. He looked at the young vampire “Stella, would you be so kind as to step forward dear?” He asked. I listened to this part. So her name was Stella, I thought that was a beautiful name but I quickly forgot it. She was a Cullen, I hated her already just for that. She lived among humans when they should be food. She was a fool like the rest of them. She stepped forward and Aro smiled “Your gift is what interests me the most. To be able to see into someone’s very soul and see everything bad they’ve ever done, must be convenient and frightening indeed. I can understand why you hesitate to make eye contact with others, and to be so young when you were changed, only 15. That’s the age of Jane and Alec.” Aro paused and she nodded “It is very young indeed.” She answered, her voice was so light and delicate but alluring at the same time. Aro was excited “Your voice is as beautiful as in Edward’s thoughts, but you wear those glasses all the time. It hides so much of your beauty. Would you be so kind as to take them off?”

She hesitated but then took them off. She was absolutely stunning, there were some gasps and low murmurs about it but she didn’t seem to notice. Her eyes remained glued to Aro’s feet. Is that how she looked at people, by their feet? She spoke again “It avoids the awkward conversation with a person explaining why I am not looking at them when I’m talking to them.” Aro became truly excited when he asked “Would you be so kind as to look at me and allow me to read your thoughts to see what it’s like?” She nodded slowly and answered “Certainly” She waited a moment and then her eyes snapped to Aro’s face, it must have happened in a split second because she flinched soon after and blinked.

She stepped up with her hand outstretched toward Aro he took it and read her thoughts. He gasped and stepped back a bit, that’s when the rest of us leapt into action ready to protect Aro if she had hurt him. Many growled and hissed at her but she showed no signs of fear. “Enough.” Was Aro’s command and all hissing and growling stopped. We all went back to our places. “Incredible.” He breathed “What a wonderful and painful gift that is.” Stella shrugged “It all depends on how many bad things a person has done in his or her lifetime.” Aro smiled “What a wonderful asset you would be to our guard. Will you consider staying here and joining us? As part of our family.” She glanced back at her sister. It was evident she didn’t want her little sister to leave but she tried to cover it, but it wasn’t fooling anyone. She turned back to Aro and smiled slightly. Good lord she looked beautiful when she smiled. I wanted to slap myself for even thinking that. “I’m deeply sorry Aro but I must decline your offer. I have a sister and another family back home. Whom I should really be getting back to.” Aro looked disappointed but said “Then I shall keep you no longer. Good-bye then, I’m sure we will meet again soon.”

She quickly turned around and put her glasses back walking out with Edward and her sister Alice just as our next meal arrived.

Once we were done Marcus asked “Aro, how can you be so sure that we shall see them again?” Cauis answered for Aro “The Cullen’s will slip up somewhere dear brother and we shall be there to punish them when they do.” Aro looked at his to brothers and then at the rest of us guard, listening in on their conversation. “All of you are dismissed.” And with a wave of his hand we all left the throne room.

That was the last time I saw her. Stella Cullen.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Now she is coming back, to live with us and be part of the guard, much to mine and Jane’s dislike. We had already picked up a new younger member named Alrick now we were to gain another as well. Jane and I stood outside Volterra now, waiting for her to arrive. My arms were crossed in front of me and I was glaring at the ground. If looks could kill, Stella Cullen would be the first on my list.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Stella’s P.O.V.

The long distance from the airport to Volterra was relatively short for me. It was night time, so no worried about the sunlight. I emerged from a small huddle of trees outside the city gates. There, in the entrance to the city stood to vampires. I knew they were vampires, and who they were once the wind blew and their scent drifted towards me. Alec smelled like I remembered him, like the Tuscan countryside and Jane smelled the same as well, like dead blood. Neither was happy to see me. Their feet were planted firmly on the ground.

This was most likely the reception I would be receiving from all the other members as well. This is going to be a long eternity…
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = Updates! Thank you for the two comments already! And thank you to all of my readers. I really appreciate you taking your time to read this story.