Far From Wonderland.

Chapter 12.

“Why doesn't she remember?” The flat, unconcerned voice belonged to my dear brother.
“The girl just got yanked out of the only life she knows, Scott, she's entitled to a little memory loss!” I quickly interjected before the two of them started killing eachother again.

“Exactly.” They turned to stare at me.

“Think about it,” I began “It's a very traumatic thing. My guess is her mind is trying to block it out entirely, an act of self preservation.” I know, very big words for an eight year old. Don't get me started. Still, they continued staring at me in confusion.

I thought of a seemingly good example, “When the body is exposed to extreme cold, it begins to shut down all unnecessary functions. You stop feeling cold. You usually die after that. The point it, the body concentrated on only the functions necessary to survive. That's what her mind is doing right now, shutting down certain things in order to preserve itself.” I finally felt like I got my point across after that.

“Well,” Jack frowned “You mean she's in denial?”

“Yes.”

“Then how do we tell her?” Scott interrupted. I shook my head, honestly having no clue.

Suddenly, a small cough made snapped our attention to the door.

There stood our only chance of getting of here. And she looked very confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am VERY happy with all the commenters and subscribers :)

Enjoy. Sorry It's so short, I've been grounded.