Status: only a few more to go, hopefully it won't take me five months to post them.

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Act Two, Scene Five.

His eyes screamed for me, they demanded my attention—I was all I could see within their stormy depths. Did he not know the hold in which he held over me?

“This and that, what would it matter to you?”

I hadn’t meant to sound so cold but I did. I turned and realized I was nose to his chest and looking up was the worst that I could’ve done. I heard him let out a strangled growl before he pulled me up to him and placed his lips on my own. Thy lips are warm.

My arms instinctively wrapped around his neck as his wound about my waist. Our lips danced together as if they were made to do so. He tasted of cigarettes and coffee and a small amount of mint. I could feel the warm breaths that escaped his nostrils as he worked against my mouth.

He pulled gently away, leaning his forehead against my own. Our ragged breath meeting together as neither moved to open our eyes. I felt his lips brush my nose, then my forehead as he pulled me closer, my own arms naturally winding tighter about him. I could feel his warm breath on my ear.

“Please don’t push me away like you did to Quinn yesterday. I’m tired of fighting what I feel for you and mostly I’m tired of hiding it.”

One of his hands had trailed up my back and he was playing the hairs at the nape of my neck. I could only turn my head and nuzzle his neck, placing a chaste kiss every now and then as we just stood there in each other’s arms. Well him standing in front of my kneeling frame.

“Is everything alright in here?”

We pulled apart and took in the curious gaze of Mr. Sanchez.

“Yes sir, I just had a bad night and Gerard was being a good friend.”

Mr. Sanchez raised his eyebrow at the word friend, as if he didn’t believe that’s all we were.

“How are lines coming along?”

Gerard spoke up this time.

“They’re coming along rather well I’d like to think. I’m really getting a feel for Paris’ character. It seems he genuinely grows to care and love Juliet, it’s just he’s too late.”

Mr. Sanchez gave us a small smile.

“Or is he?”

With that he turned and left us alone, both of us still close enough to be considered intimately close and neither hearing the door shut behind him.

“What do you suppose he meant by ‘or is he’?”

I couldn’t help but smile at his obliviousness before pulling him close and nuzzling his neck once more. This time, when I moved to kiss his neck I made sure to give him a small bite. I’m not sure if he fully meant to, or was even aware, but he let out a soft moan.

His arms moved back around my frame as he moved his head back to give me more access to the delicacy that was his flesh. I loved the taste of his skin, that slight hint of saltiness that invaded my mouth as I suckled his neck.

I’m not sure how long we were going at it, only kissing and marking each other with what access we had, but somehow, when we heard a ‘hem, hem’, I had to look up. We managed somehow, to end up with me straddling his waist as he lay beneath me. Lucky, or not, for us, it was just Mikey that stood in the door way, leaning against it as if he’d been there a while. Perhaps he had.

“You’re not going to yell at me, not like yesterday’s victim?”

Mikey narrowed his eyes at his brother’s smart comment. He sauntered over to us, pulling up one the chairs before sitting down in front of us. He looked at us expectantly, oh right—I was still straddling his brother. I moved myself off of him instantly blushing all over.

“You’re lucky I volunteered to come find you, Sanchez almost sent Bert. What the hell are you thinking Gee? What if it was him that had come to find you guys?”

Mikey’s eyes were livid. There was one thing no one ever did in front of Mikey and that was to jeopardize anything of his brother’s. He was blaming me for dangling Gerard’s reputation on a single thread—as if I was the one to make the first move. He should know me better than that.

“Back off him Mikey, I kissed him first and I’m not lying. You should know your best friend better than that; you and I both know he’d never make the first move.”

Mikey rolled his eyes before standing and looking amused.

“If this is going to keep going on, just make sure to hide your obvious boners next time you’re both in my presence. I’ve seen Frank’s before but Gee, seriously, knowing you’re hard for each other, that’s not something I’d like to see.”

He let out a small laugh as he walked towards the door.

“Practice is over for the day, let’s get some dinner.”

Gerard stood first, offering me his hand—was he serious? I took his hand as he led me across the room, not bothering to drop my hand once we had made it through the door. He gave my hand a small squeeze as we walked towards the lobby. We rounded the corner and there stood Bert, his eyes bulged out of his head and he stopped speaking as soon as he saw us.

He narrowed his eyes at us before turning coldly away and walking off without even so much as a word to Gerard. I let go of his hand, signaling him to go and save what he could of his rep.