Status: only a few more to go, hopefully it won't take me five months to post them.

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Act Five, Scene One.

As the curtain fell for the final time on closing night, the grin that was on my face wouldn’t go away. Excitement buzzed through the air, we were all pleased with how well we did, and more so anxious for the party that was “not” going to happen.

“Princess Frankie! There you are, you still up for a ride?”

I turned around and grinned over at Ray. He had taken to calling me Princess Frankie since opening night. I nodded and he waved me off. I’d meet him at his jeep in a bit; he wouldn’t leave me behind.

I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind and lips press against my cheek. I grinned and leant back into the embrace, relishing the warmth radiating off the body behind me.

“I’m so glad this is over; I’m sick of watching you have to kiss Quinn all the damn time!”

I giggled. I loved it when he was jealous. He was always that much more intense—yes, two weeks later and he’s still jealous, having to remove any trace of Quinn from my body. I pulled forward, just enough to turn around and face him. I also love that we were still new to our relationship. Granted neither of us is innocent, far from it, but every line we cross it’s new to us and that’s what matters.

“Oh come off it you, I have a dress to get out of and you need to go find Bob and make sure he meets up with Mikey and Quinn so the four of you can go pick up the you know what.”

He groaned but leaned forward, pressing his lips to mine. I smiled into the chaste kiss and pulled away. I turned out of his embrace and walked off towards the dressing rooms.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would utter an apology, but I'm not sure it would not mean much right about now. This chapter is by far the shortest I've written for this story, but it's a start! I've had immense writer's block for this one and I think I've finally figured out how I want to end it (only two more chapters). If you're still reading this and you're one of my previous subscribers, THANK YOU. If you're new, I hope you enjoyed what you've read so far. :)