Status: completed.

This Wreck That You Call Your Life

Throwing Those Memories Out, Love to Start Something New

Chase scrubbed the last of the soot and blood off of her body before she turned the steamy water off. She grabbed the towel that was sitting on the hamper besides the shower and dried down, after dressing she left the bathroom and crossed the hall to her new room. As soon as she laid out on the bed, she could feel sleep taking over her... and for once she felt slightly relieved.

After that night, no one brought up Jasen raping her, because she denied it. The next morning when she looked at Alex she realized she was never meant to have him as anything more then a friend. Alex knew that they were supposed to be together, so he wouldn't give up when she told him.

~x~

Alex continued to run his pick over the acoustic guitar in his hands, he was staring blankly at the piece of paper that was still attached to his notebook; he had no idea how to write the notes so that he would remember them. He growled at the music book to his other side, he was flustered by the whole ordeal, but he knew the outcome would be worth it.

"Still with that?" Chase asked, leaning on his doorway, running her eyes over him.

"Yeah," he replied sheepishly, "I want to get the music right for these lyrics."

"Well run it by me, just do a test run."

He shook his head.

"Come on Alex, it's not like I'm going to make fun of you for it. I remember you singing at Blink concerts, I didn't think you were too bad then, I'm sure you're fine now."

"Um, I'll give it a try."

Alex cleared his throat before strumming his guitar, slowly he started to mess around with some of the lines he remembered from the previous night. A smile spread on his face when he figured out what to play. He hit the first note and started to sing.

"I need the time to leave behind everything I've just seen, cause I've been living in a good dream, for far too long. I need the time to realize everything was make believe. Dammit I was so naive, you were never who you seemed to be," he looked up at her before finishing, "But all I ask, is for my fair chance of making my way through infinity. And with my own two hands, not a second glance, I'll make the impossible a possibility. So don't fuck this whole thing up for me, I thought we were a team but now you're kicking the legs right out from under my dreams...."

Chase was silent for a moment, "Wow."

"Wow can mean good or bad," he reminded her setting his guitar down, "you hate it."

"I don't hate it, I just feel tied in."

He scratched his chin, "The second part is you, Jehnie the first."

She nodded, "I know."

"Chase?"

She looked up at him, taking her eyes off of his guitar.

"Can we start over?"

"How?"

He stretched out his hand, "Hi, I'm Alex Gaskarth... I tend to make stupid mistakes."
♠ ♠ ♠
The End

Keep in mind, Alex isn't in a band in this story; which makes the whole idea kind of sweeter. Yes, those are the lyrics to the unfinished song... I thought it would kinda fit since it won't ever be finished :/ Oh, and I changed a couple of the lyrics around (because Chase isn't an industry, lol).

Gah, I hate my endings so much. But hey, I was honestly going to leave the last chapter as the ending, so... yay I didn't!