Status: completed.

This Wreck That You Call Your Life

A Mental Note of You

Alex looked at the truck as they passed the intersection, still shaken from the loud horn, he grabbed his head, feeling a painful jolt, even though he was sitting still. He rolled his eyes and held his seat belt, looking at his brother in annoyance.

"Did you not see the light before?"

"No."

He didn't want to fight with his brother, so he just stared out the window, the images were blurry, yet the car wasn't moving that fast. He sighed, he was probably just exhausted. Alex scooted down in his seat, covering his face in attempt to get some sleep. He opened his eyes when he heard an ambulance, but no lights flooded the car, he watched his brother play around with the radio. The ambulance sound got louder, it was followed by the sound of rushed voices, he slapped his brothers hand and shut his eyes, letting himself slip into sleep.

He was awoke by the feeling of hands on his body, Alex shot up in his seat, realizing the car had stopped, and that they were home. He climbed out of the car, not waiting for Ace, he rubbed his head as he walked across the grassy yard. He went to grip the handle but the door slipped open, he paid no mind to it and went up to his room.

Alex sat down on his bed, covering his face completely with his hands, wondering what was going on with him. He felt cool hands on his wrists, he looked up and saw Chase. His eyes widened as he pulled her into his chest, refusing to let go, but she didn't seem to be fighting him.

"I'm so sorry I flipped out on you," her voice sounded more musical then usual, he passed it off as her trying to put as much emotion behind her words as possible.

"It's okay," he whispered into her hair, "I could never stay mad at you."

She wrapped her arms around him, "I'm still allowed to be sorry," she brushed back his bangs and smiled widely at him, "why did I let you go?"

Alex attempts to kiss her, but his lips ended up on her cheek, she shook her head at him and backed away, looking at the clock. She pulled her hoodie back on and rested her hand on his doorknob, giving him a wavering smile.

"Where are you going?" he asked, "You just got here."

"I have to go home now."

"Are you coming back, when even?"

"I'll always be here if you are, and I'll be here whenever you want me to be."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Aimee for your help with the ideas.
And I don't think I portrayed this how I wanted, but I will work on it.