Status: completed.

This Wreck That You Call Your Life

I Give You Scars and Stripes

Alex blinked up at the bright light, the sound beeping machines filled his ears, along with the soft whisper of his parents' voices - but still, he couldn't see anyone. He closed his eyes for a moment, imaging Chase, keeping his thoughts completely focused on her. And when he opened his eyes, she stood in front of him, her gaze on the sky-or, what should be a sky-above them.

"What's happening?" he asked her.

She set her eyes back on him, her dark hair spilling over her face, "You see the light - now go to it."

"Am I dying?"

She shook her head, "No Alex, you're waking up."

"From what?" his voice clearly noting his nervousness.

"You'll see, your parents will be there, I promise you that everything is okay."

"Chase..."

~x~

Mrs Gaskarth stared down at her son as his fingers started to twitch, his eyelashes fluttering slightly like they had earlier that day. His lips pursed, liked he was annoyed. His eyes slowly opened, and he stared up at the ceiling a moment, before turning to look at his mother as she held his hand.

"Chase?" he asked, his voice dry, as he adverted his eyes from his mother's face and looked around the room. "I swore I heard her."

"Ace took her home, she needed some rest."

"Oh."

"I'll call them," Mr Gaskarth said pulling out his phone and walking out of the room.

"How long?" Alex asked looking at his mom.

"A week or two," she said rubbing his hand, "I didn't want to count."

"Okay mom," he said as the doctors walked in a wide smile on their faces.

"Welcome back Alexander," he said, the nurse nodding along with the doctor's words.

~x~

Chase jumped slightly at the feeling of hands on her body as she was shook awake, she stared at Ace angrily before sitting up quickly. She pulled on her hoodie and shoes, already knowing that he woke her up for some reason pertaining to Alex - be it good or bad. She followed him out of the house and slammed the door of the car, doing her seat belt before even asking.

"Well?"

"Alex is up, my dad said the first thing he did was ask for you."

A smiled played on her lips, "I hope that's a good thing."

He started the car before speaking, "I'm sure it is, my dad said he was looking all over for you. He also told me that the doctors said that there is no neuro damage, just the few breakages and possibly a scar or two on his face."

She looked down.

"It could be worse."

"I know Ace."

"I did this, I should be the one moping around, not you."

"I shouldn't have flipped out on him," Chase replied for the hundredth time, "Couldn't you drive a little faster?"

"I don't want any more accidents," he muttered, keeping his eyes on the night road.

They rushed out of the vehicle once it was parked, grabbing visitor passes and tapping their feet as the elevator took its time traveling up the several floors. Once the floors opened, Chase belted for Alex's room, careless of the nurses that yelled at her to stop running. She reached his room and took a deep breath before walking in.

She walked right over to Alex's bed and smiled at him as he looked at her, not knowing what he was going to say to her. She took his hand and rubbed her thumb over his knuckles; Ace walked in slowly, leaning against the wall next to his father.

"I'm glad your awake," Chase said looking at him, "it was killing me that I couldn't see your chocolate eyes."

He blinked, "I don't know what to say."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took so long to update.