We're In Love Because We're Punk

Caught Between Two Punks

"Carly, wait!" Billie Joe punkly called after me as I stalked out of the Gilman in a punk rage. How dare he try and two time me? I thought he was real, not a sleaze. But I guess even punks like myself can have their hearts torn out, I thought sadly. Trying to ignore him, I ran past the 7-11 and onto a deserted lane called Christie Road. Sadly, Billie Joe caught up to me.

"Carly," the handsome punk said, "I'm sorry. I should have told you."

"Really? You think?" I asked sarcastically. I couldn't believe I fell for him.

"Carly, I'm sorry. I just couldn't bring myself to tell you." he looked so punk as he apologized, "I wanted to, but it just flew out of my mind." He moved closer to me and my punk heart began to race. "I never lied to you. You really are the punkest, most beautiful girl I've ever met. And I forgot about Tanisha the moment you sat next to me in that stupid class."

"W-why?" I punkishly stammered.

"Because the moment I saw you--" Billie Joe was cut off by Tre, the punk drummer he'd introduced me to earlier.

"Hi Carly!" Tre greeted me with a sexy punk smirk on his face. "I wanted to talk to you, but you ran off after Tanisha came." His punk smirk disappeared. "Billie, I don't know why you go out with her. She's a complete prep." I smiled at Tre. He was a real punk. He had his priorities right.

"You're right, Tre," I said and winked with a punk smirk of my own. "Preps don't belong in punk company. Especially not ghetto ones like Tanisha." Billie Joe began to punkly try and defend his disgusting girlfriend but Tre cut him off again.

"Anyway, Carly, I wanted to tell you that...when I saw you...I knew you were special." I felt my punk cheeks go pink. "I was afraid before to ask you, but now I have nothing to lose. Will you go out with me?" he asked with punk hope shining in his punk eyes.

"Yes, Tre Cool. I'll go out with you. " With his strong punk arms, he scooped me up and kissed me passionately and punkly. It was perfect, and we didn't notice Billie Joe's unhappy face as he watched us kiss. I'm not entirely sure why he was still standing there, but he looked so punk until he took Tanisha the Prep into his arms and kissed her.

I broke away from Tre's punk lips and felt my heart break just a little bit. What did Billie Joe want to tell me, before? And why did it feel so right and so wrong when Tre and I kissed? I just didn't get it.

When I got home, my father was there too and he raced to the door as though he actually cared about his punk daughter. "Where were you, sweetie? I was so worried!"

I jerked away from him and spat, "Oh please. Like you even cared. I'm a punk and I don't need you."

He flinched. What a non-punk. "Well, I saved you some dinner. Then you can get started on your homework."

"I don't need dinner, you lousy excuse for a father. I'm a punk. I don't need you, or food, or homework." I paused for a minute. "Well, maybe I need food." As I punkishly scarfed down my dinner, I continued to ponder what I would do. I was caught between two punks.