You Inherit Money, I Inherit Guns

The scarlett velvet curtain was draped elegantly over the dead body. It was stuffed into a ball in his mouth, then swirled around him, covering his feet. He was in a suit and bowtie. His eye were shut, but if they were open pain and death would be overwhelming the face. I placed a ruby in the shape of a cross on his chest where his once beating heart was located. My padre engraved 'victor' in beautiful script on the horizontal bar. I stepped back and admired my artwork. "Padre! Ho finito l'assegnazione!" I shouted down a dim hallway. One of my "fathers" came into the room to judge my assignment.

"Beautiful, me figlia," he whispered, tucking a strand of my black hair behind my ear. "You blood father would be proud." I nodded. I knew barely any English because I had moved here from Sicily about two years ago, but could sense his pride.

"Padre? Sovrano mio padre?" I said, a smile creeping across my face.

"Si, Violetta. Sovrano, your father." My grin grew wider as he walked the eight year old me to the black car waiting outside.
  1. Twisted Fate
    Sovrano, Violetta's father, and the rest of the mafia family decide Violetta's future as a Mafia Princess.
  2. An Innocent Man
    In other words, she is picking a student.
  3. Insegnante
    Logan's point of view. It's all I can really say without giving away anything.
  4. The Warning in Burnt Flesh
  5. Peers of the Realm
  6. Waiting
  7. A Gift
    Logan's P.O.V.