I'm In Love With A Boy Named Frank

Auditions

"Grandma, I don't wanna be some weird singer kid!! What will the whole school think of me?!"

"Oh, Gerard, you'll be fine. I'll even sew your costume."

"No!"

"But you have such a beautiful singing voice!"

"No, Grandma! I'm going to my room."

Elena sighed. Her oldest grandson had such a beautiful voice, but why won't he use it? He had so many talents. Drawing, singing. He was wonderful...he just didn't know it yet.

Gerard sat in his bedroom. He was wondering why he was going to be in this play. He didn't want to, but he also didn't want to disappoint his grandma, Elena Rush.
+~+~+~+~

"Gerard, its time for school." Mikey called up the stairs.

"OK, Mikes," Gerard said, slipping on a pair of vans.

He walked upstairs and found his grandma Elena.

"Hello, Gerard."

"Hi. Do I have to try out for the play?"

"Please? For me?"

Gerard sighed, "Fine."

It was no use fighting this early in the morning.

Gerard walked out to his car and drove Mikey and himself to school.

+++++++++++++++++TIME ELAPSE+++++++++++++++++++++++

Gerard stood in front of the music room, contemplating whether to tryout or not.

He walked in.

"Uhm, I want to try out for the play...." He said nervously.

"OK," A woman with a clipboard said. Clipboards were NEVER R a good sign.

The woman put on a CD.

"What part will you be trying out for?"

"I dunno."

"OK, please sing this," She said putting on a song called, "Song of Love"

Gerard started,

"
I'm in love with a girl named Fred
my reasons must be clear
when she shows you all how strong she is you'll stand right up and cheer.....


He finished soon after. The woman gave him a script, "OK now read these lines."

"Mama, she's the best one yet!! Can I marry her now, Mama? Can I?....

The woman read the Jester's lines before "Swamps of Home."
"Y-you mean, a-about THINGS? Y-You mean NOW?!" Gerard read nervously.

The audition ended and Gerard walked away feeling like he had somehow landed the lead role.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! All of my others have writers block syndrome. :( Ah well, this is about Gerard in a school play,Once Upon A Mattress. I was in it last weekend, I was Lady H.