Status: finished : )

Too Much

Gaskarth is such a snot

[ Jasey Rae ]

"Jasey, come on." My best friend whined from across the counter. She had conviently stopped by my job to tell me about her wonderful brother being back in town, and of course the wonderful welcome home party that usually followed. "It's just a party, you love a good party." Jewels wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"A good party without an attached Gaskarth." I spat out and Jewels rolled her eyes. It was always the same thing when Jewels older brother's band came into town. A big party was thrown, lots of alcohol to drink, lots of stupid mistakes to be made, and, of course, lots of memories to not remember. It made me sick and the argument was old.

"Ugh! Gaskarth is such a snot and if he comes near us, I'll just throw punches till he's blacked out or leaves us alone." Jewels started to stamp her foot like a three year old who wasn't getting her way, just like her brother would.

"Did you just call Gaskarth a snot?" I couldn't help but giggle and Jewels whole face lit up.

"Thank God! I've got to write that one down so I'll remember what to say next time to get you to come." She took my giggle as an acceptance to the party, like I should have known she would. "Anyway, party starts at seven, but that's going to be the small party of close friends so if you really tend on avoiding Gaskarth all night don't show up till about ten or eleven. Oh, and Zack said he had some gift for you." She winked before skipping out of the Starbucks with every guy staring at her as she went.

"Jase, break time is up." My lovely co-worker, Damon, slipped up next to me and bummed my hip with his. "What was up with all the yelling?" He nodded toward the door and I guessed he was talking about the small scene Jewels had caused when she entered.

"Just another stinking party I have to go to." I sighed and pushed myself away from the counter, going back to work before a brilliant plan formed and I quickly turned back to Damon. "And I have a super huge favor to ask of you, darling." I wrapped my arms around him from behind and squeezed gently.

"Uh, oh." He groaned and slowly turned to face me while I let my arms fall back to my sides. "The words favor mixed in with the backwards hug, and the fact that you know about my weakness for those amazing green eyes of yours can not leave us in a good situation." He arched one eyebrow at me and I had to bite my bottom lip to keep in my giggles. "Tell me doll," Damon pulled me towards his chest and wrapped his arms me, "what is it that I can do for you?"

"Be my date for the lame ass party tonight?" I shut my eyes and hoped to hear a yes. Damon was always my go-to man when I had boy problems. I felt awful for it sometimes since it was undeniable that he had stronger than 'just friends' feelings for me, but he always just shrugged it off and said being around me was enough.

"Be Jasey Rae's date to a party, now why does that send off alarms left and right?" He chuckled and I felt the relief rush over me as he turned to humor.

"The alarms are going off because of the stupid snot known as Gaskarth will be there." I sighed and relaxed against Damon. His hands rubbed my back soothingly.

"So I get to meet the infamous Gaskarth and have a hot date like you, I'm in." He squeezed me once more before letting me go entirely. I bounced up on my toes to plant a light kiss on his cheek.

"I owe you major, Dam." I tried to ignore the smile that graced his lips and that gazing look in his eyes. Things would be so much simpler if I just stayed at home like a hermit crab. The rest of our shift was busy and not much was said between the two of us except for orders.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love you all dearly for reading this : ) it's some of my best work; and I wrote it in five days, on a whim; please subscribe and suggest it to your friends;
xooxDee

1 comment = next update