Status: finished : )

Too Much

That's progress

[ Alex Gaskarth ]

Sitting in a Starbucks all day was not what I planned on doing, but here I sat waiting for five o’clock to finally fucking roll around. I didn’t really expect for Jasey to wait me out this long. I figured after the first hour or two, she’d get pissed and come tell me to leave, which would lead to a conversation and hopefully, dinner. But that didn’t happen. Instead she was simply ignoring me.

From JAGK:
Lmfao, dude, ur still @Starbucks? Thats pathetic


I ignored the text from my best friend and checked the clock one more time, then fixed my gaze on her. Jasey was placing her apron on a hook with an apprehensive expression. She didn’t want conflict. It surprised me a bit. Jasey and I were always best at arguing, yet here she was trying to avoid it.

“Time to get off already?” I tried to be light and chuckle a bit as she walked past me, toward the door. She ignored me and I sighed before gathering my things quickly and chasing her out onto the sidewalk. “Mind if I walk you home?”

Jasey turned quick on her heel to glare at me. “How did you know I walk to work?” She asked suspiciously.

“I have my inside sources.” I shrugged and extended my arm toward her. Of course she scoffed at me and started to walk at a faster pace.

“You mean Jewels snitched.” Jasey pressed her lips together firmly as she frowned. “So other than my habits after work, and probably my work schedule,” she raised an eyebrow as she glanced at me briefly, “what else did Jewels tell you?”

“Just that you like long walks on the beach still, care to join me with one?” I tilted my head and smiled, trying to get her to let her guard down. I’d thought maybe reminding her of the old things we used to enjoy together might help, but by the look on her face I was wrong.

“I most certainly will not walk on the beach with you, Gaskarth.” She hissed through her clenched teeth and I noticed her hands tighten into fists at her sides. “That was a long time ago.”

“What’s so different now?” I watched as disbelief covered her pretty features for a moment, then they turned back to stone. “I’m pretty sure you were always mad at me back then too.”

“And for good reasons,” she muttered and took a sharp turn, probably hoping to lose me. Course I memorized the way to her house this morning, on my ride to Starbucks.

“You know, I don’t think you ever had an actual good reason to be mad at me.” She shot me a death glare again, but I continued since she kept her mouth shut. “It was always those little things that I either didn’t do or did badly.”

“Like flirting with other girls at parties when you couldn’t find me?” Her tone was sickly sweet as I imagined she was replaying the countless bitter memories in her mind. I bit my bottom lip, realizing that I was getting nowhere, and slightly backtracking.

I tried to easily change my tactic. “Okay, so I was a drunken, cocky mess back in high school.” Jasey looked at me uncertainly and I can see that she’s decided not to talk to me anymore. I can read it on her face. “But you know, I’ve changed since then. I’ve grown up.” She rolls her eyes. “I have,” I insist. “I’ve toured all across the country and even across the seas a few times, and I’ve had girls throw themselves at me, but I’ve realized that none of them mean anything. Not like you mean the world to me.” She glares and her kissable lips open again.

“If there are so many girls dying to get in your pants, why don’t you go bother them?” Not the words I was hoping for, but I know she’s not going to give in easily. She’s been making me work for three years without a second glance my way, and now that I’m getting those second glances, it’s going to take ten times the effort I’ve had before.

“Because they’re not you, Jasey,” I sigh as we reach her building. It should have taken a few more minutes to reach our destination, but because of her determination and fast pace, we made it in half the time.

“Well, then, I guess you better go search the world for my twin because I don’t give a shit about you, Gaskarth.” She spits the words at me before turning to jog up the few stairs and into the building. I tilt my head back and look up the building, wondering which window is hers, before I finally start the walk back to my car. I hope she didn’t mean those words. I know she didn’t mean them, but Jasey held grudges. I just had to find a way to show her I wasn’t the same kid she used to know.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I pull it out. My hands are freezing but I open the phone to see who texted me. It’s Jewels.

From J3W3L$:
Jasey is pissed x2; wtf?


I’m disappointed even though I try not to be. I was hoping that I was finally getting to her, but apparently it was the opposite direction. I quickly type back and stuff my hands and the phone back in my pockets. It is only minutes later that she replies.

From J3W3L$:
Scratch that; she’s mad @me 4 talkin 2 u; but she thought ur stake out thingy was cute : ) that’s progress my friend!


The text brightens my day as a smile falls on my face and won’t be replaced. I know exactly what my plans are for tomorrow now.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry I didn't update yesterday loves : ( my 'net stopped working cause it apparently felt like I used it too much; hehe, on a side note : I have fallen in LOVE with the show Criminal Minds and I suggest it to all of you! Morgan's my favorite <3
xooxDee