Status: finished : )

Too Much

Where did I go wrong?

[ Alex Gaskarth ]

I leaned against the wall and glared at him. The six foot something idiot that was groping all over my girl. It wasn’t right and I was minutes away from throwing punches at anything that stepped in front of me.

“Alex!” Jack yelled in my ear, making me flinch. I reluctantly tore my gaze from the couple on the dance floor and glared at my best friend. “Fuck; it’s about time. You’ve been glowering at Jasey for like the past fucking two hours.”

“I’m not,” I stopped mid sentence while my eyes trailed back to the dance floor. What was the use in denying it anyway? Everyone knew I was still crazy about Jasey, including her. “Do you know who he is?” I nodded toward the two and briefly glanced at Jack.

He shrugged and stared out too, his eyes a bit hazed over as they seemed to scan the crowd. “Matt said his name was Damon and Jewels said something about her boss.” Jack sobered a small bit and looked back to me. “Hey, have you seen Jewels lately? I lost track of her a while ago.”

I had to force myself not to roll my eyes. “Uh, yeah; I think she went out back to start a bonfire with a few big, tough guys.” As the words came out, Jack’s eyes widened and he ran for the kitchen. I felt a little bad lying to my best friend, but I had agreed to distract him in the first place for Zack. I just wish he’d stand up and finally tell Jack he had a thing for Jewels. The two were probably off making out somewhere.

Without Jack to keep my attention, I went back to glaring at the dance floor. Problem was, Jasey and her new boy toy were missing. I quickly scanned the room and caught just a small glimpse of her hair as she went up the stairs. My hands clenched into fists at my sides while my eyes zeroed in on his hands on her hips.

She had to know that it’d drive me insane to watch her steer another guy to an empty bedroom with her. I felt like I could scream. Instead, I took in a deep breath and focused on the cup in my hand. Alcohol didn’t sound so appealing anymore, but I chugged what was left in my cup anyway.

What I wanted didn’t matter tonight.
Getting Jasey off my mind was what mattered.

I swallowed drink after drink, not bothering to slow down even when I got concerned expressions from the people around me. At my pace it didn’t take long to get wasted and suddenly the tightening in my chest loosened while my eyes fixed on a bottled blonde on the dance floor. She looked shameless, which was just what I needed tonight.

It took a smirk and a few words before I had her pressed against me and heading up for a room. Of course in my drunken stupor I didn’t take notice of two other people in the same room until a thud and giggles made me tear my lips from the pretty blonde.

It was Jasey, giggling away on the floor. She was on her back and shirtless while the guy she’d been with earlier was laid out on the bed. He stared at us for a second before leaning over to check on Jasey. My stomach turned as he held his hand out to help Jasey up.

There was still a goofy grin on her face as she stared at me. That told me she was clearly past her alcohol limit, but who was I to say anything about it? The blonde next to me shifted and started to pull me towards the door.

“We can find another room.” She smiled politely at Jasey and the guy while tugging harder on my arm.

A sick thought came to my mind while I smirked. “Hey Jase,” I winked before following the blonde out of the room. I knew that showing off as a man whore was the exact opposite of what I should have done, especially since I was trying to get Jasey back. Maybe if I was a bit sober I’d turn around and apologize, or maybe I wouldn’t have even done it in the first place. Thing was, I was drunk and I didn’t care. I just wanted Jasey to feel the awful feeling I’d had earlier while I watched her grind all over that other guy.

I just wanted Jasey Rae to be mine again. Instead I ended up with a fake blonde who thought my name was Adam.

Where, oh where did I go wrong?
♠ ♠ ♠
I love you guys for being so supportive!
keep the comments&subscriptions coming;
xooxDee

4 comments = update