Status: Just started .

Crystal Vision

Chapter Nine

The object in front of me hadn't made any sense at first; I seemed to be roaming the highway, keeping my focus unconsciously in front of the car, waist deep in thoughts and worries. It was just a service problem I wanted to reassure myself, but my gut feelings were always right and I had a terrible thought that something didn't seem right. Something that never should have seemed right from the beginning.
I swerved as my headlights reflected off of the creature in the middle of the highway; It was interesting no one else was on the road. The tired screeched and my throat vibrated with a scream as the creature ended up back in front of the vehicle and BAM; the car stopped abruptly as I slammed on the brakes.

It wasn't a creature Was my first thought.

It had arms, legs, a head, and a long straight body; and it was halfway through my windshield. And for some reason, it went unharmed; lightly dusting itself off, the man non-chalantly went up to my window and began to thud on it with his fist.
I did nothing but stare up at him, trying to start my car, but it went unsuccessful. With each thud on the window stopping my heart and quickening my pulse, I began to scream lightly and tensely, turning the key again and again. It began to come to life and then spluttered to a stop.

"Fuck, leave me alone!" I yelled, gripping the key with my sweaty right hand and forcefully turned the ignition.

Thud...thud...smash

As he was getting through my window, I gave the key one last turn and for heaven's sake, it worked. As it roared to life, I jammed the standard into first gear and sped off, with him dragging momentarily off of my window.

***

I tip-toed back into my appartment; it was 6 am. My blood was still racing through my veins and my head was still pounding with the noises that went through my head.

Thud...thud...smash....squeal...splutter...

Just the thought that I had no insurance towards my car is what initially made me sink to the floor. How was I going to pay for all of the damage? There were holes and dents and cracks that crossed halfway across the car...
Pushing it aside, I thought back to the phone call Janice had left me. I deciphered it in my head, and having no luck I picked up the phone and as I dialled her number, I remember looking at the time and setting the phone back down. Its too early; I don't want to get her worked up.
And with that, I slipped into my silk pyjamas and crawled into my bed, pushing everything aside and set myself to the one reason why I went out there in the first place; Lyle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?