Status: Completed

You Can't Be Missed If You Never Go Away

She Bit Off More Than She Could Take

Kyraleigh let out another sob before rubbing her eyes, she slid to the ground and continued crying. Her face was covered in mascara and eyeliner, but beneath the smeared makeup you could see her rosy cheeks. Her shoulders shook again as she attempted to wrap her arms around her bent knees.

Kara and Steff remained on the couch, their magazines laying limply on their laps as they watched her fall apart. Kyra leaned back, hitting her head on the wall behind her a little to hard, she grabbed at her head. A bubble of laughter erupted from Steff, always finding other people's klutziness funny. The light haired girl stared back at her through squinted eyes.

"What are you laughing at?"

"I'm laughing at you," she stated blandly, "I'm laughing at how pathetically fake you are, it's not like you ever actually cared about Jack. We all know that you've still got it out for Alex, that you're just too ashamed to admit it because he'd never truly love a piece of scum like you."

Kara stared at her friend, her eyes wide as she scooted backwards when she saw the fire in Kyra's stare. The shorter girl stood up, tears still falling down her face, she tilted her head in astonishment.

"Would you like to repeat that Stephanie?"

Annoyed that she was called by her full name, she also rose to her feet, "I said that you were pathetic and fake, I don't see a falsehood in my words... I don't honestly know and person with eyes who would disagree."

The other girl crossed her slender arms, no more tears were being shed from her eyes, the previous ones were drying on her cheeks as the argument escalated.

"I'm sorry, were my words too big? All that bleach must have gotten to your head by now."

"I'm warning you, just drop it now," Kyra said, her voice just below a yell.

"You wouldn't break a manicured nail over me, now would you - I don't think you would - you're all talk and no game."

She slapped her, "That didn't sound like words."

"Did you just fucking touch me?"

"Um, yeah, I think I did."

Kara stood up, "Guys, we don't need to do this, we can talk it out."

"Shut up Kara," they replied in sync.

Jack walked out into the main area of the bus, "What is all this commotion about, I'm trying to sleep."

Steff pushed Kyra's shoulder, "Don't lay another overly pampered finger on me."

The smaller girl simply poked her, "Oooh, what's the big bad vegetarian going to do? Make my ears bleed with all that PETA talk?"

"That's it," the taller girl lunged over the small table that was keeping barrier between the two.

The shorter girl hit the floor of the bus with a thud, she didn't have a chance to stand up before a fist was in her face. Steff wasn't one to fight by pulling hair, and she didn't waste any time taking her anger out on the delicate girl beneath her. Kyra waved her hands around, trying to grab at the other girl or at least find some way to slow her down.

Jack just stood there, slightly amazed at the fact that two girls were fighting in front of him over a reason that had a little bit to do with him; the fact that they were in shorts and spaghetti straps left him speechless.

"I don't appreciate you trying to steal my boyfriend, I don't like how you mess with peoples heads, I don't like how you manipulated poor Jack!" Steff was yelling when Rian and Alex walked onto the bus.

"Oh my god, what is it with people fighting today?" Rian muttered partly to himself as he approached the fighting girls, he pulled the taller one away and wrapped his arms around her to keep her from going back to the fight.

"I don't like you!" she screamed, "I don't like any of you! You make me feel so worthless," she said before tears raked through her body, she set her eyes on Kyra, "You were such a threat, I just didn't know what to do. I loved Alex, and I couldn't take that he still had his heart set out for the girl who broke him - but then to find that it was you, someone so untouchable yet unlikable..."

Everyone was staring at her, none of them really knowing what to say. Jack just shook his head before returning to his bunk, Rian slowly let his arms drop as Kara nodded her head at him. Alex remained frozen in mid step, his eyes shifted between the two girls: both covered in tears, their hair and makeup a mess; Kyra had blood rolling down her chin, Steff had reddened knuckles.

"I'm going to go for a walk," Steff said softly as she glanced at them, "don't wait up for me."

Alex watched her go past him, he noticed how her eyes didn't even leave the floor as she took the several steps across the bus. He looked back at Kyra as she stood up from the ground, she ran her fingers over her lip, looking at the blood on her finger tips.

"What a bitch," she shaking her head.

"That was cool," Alex said taking a seat on the couch next to Kara.

"What do you mean?" the brown haired girl asked.

"My ex's fighting over me."

She slapped him, "You're so self centered."

Rian cleared his throat, "Can we all stop fighting, I don't want this to become a habit."

Kara smiled at her boyfriend, "I think everything has come out."

"Can I talk with you?" Kyra asked, her eyes set on Alex.

He looked up, his beanie falling off his head from the quick movement, "Um, sure."

She held out her hand, "Why don't we take a walk?"
♠ ♠ ♠
That so did not come out how I wanted it to :/