Status: Completed

You Can't Be Missed If You Never Go Away

This Has Such a Bitter Taste

Vinny glanced at the watch on his wrist before taking a seat on the folding chair behind the merch tent's table. The two girls looked at him, curious why he was able to take a break, when he had scorned them for sitting down earlier.

"All Time Low is on stage now, there won't be many girls coming for merch," explained adjusting his cap for the hundredth time that day.

Though slightly annoyed by his habit, Steff put on a soft smile, "Would you mind if we caught their set then?"

"But we all can't leave, what if someone does come?"

She crossed her arms, "Couldn't you just hold the tent up - I mean, it's the first day on tour, and we really want to see our boyfriends' set."

"Um, no, maybe later in the tour."

Kyraleigh followed in Steff's suit, she pouted a little and batted her lashes, "Please!"

"No."

"Jack won't like it if you disappoint me," she said losing the cute expression and using her attitude.

Steff watched the other blonde girl in action, highly surprised that she would even go there. Vinny just smiled at her and waved at the exit of the tent; she stood and watched the shorter girl go past, in shock that she was given what she wanted.

Vinny shrugged at her, "I love my job, I'm not going to let her screw that up for me. Now go, before they start!"

She nodded and grabbed her hoodie off the chair and ran towards the main stage, she showed the guard her pass and climbed up the stairs to the backstage. She purposely stood on the opposite side as Kyra, next to Kara. The brown haired girl smiled sweetly at her.

"You're going to love the show from here, there are no teenies to shove you or scream in your ear."

She smiled, "That's cool, I used to hate it."

Kara nodded and watched Rian walk onto stage, he was always the first to make an appearance, he slammed his sticks down on the drums, starting the intro of their first song. Zack was next to walk onto stage, his bass blending in the with drums, then Jack, who waved wildly at the crowd. A moment passed before Alex ran onto stage, he stroked his guitar with it's pick before singing.

Alex glanced over to the left while playing, smiling at the blonde girl, the blonde girl who wasn't his girlfriend. He continued the rest of the set, not once looking toward the right where his girlfriend stood, arms crossed and lips in a thin line.

"Are you okay?" Kara asked Steff during one of Jack's awkward conversations with Alex.

"Uh, yeah I am. Do I look like I'm not?" her voice was soft, a clear indication that she was distant.

"No, you don't look okay."

Steff uncrossed her arms and forced a smile onto her face, "Better?"

"Hon, don't keep your emotions in a tie. Alex is just shocked to see Kyra here, that's it."

"I just can't help but feel that there's something more, like she's prettier or something."

Kara rubbed her shoulder, "I don't think so."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter? I've lost my definition of long... my other ones will be longer promise!
I'm happy to be working on this story again, and am so glad that Aimee took up my offer and finished it for me :D