Nancy Boy

Sleeping with Ghosts

Adam gave me a hug as we reached the tour bus, “Um thanks for having lunch with me kiddo... I’ll see you in a few hours?”

I nodded and returned the hug, “Yeah, sure,” I said with a slight smile before he made his was for his tour bus and I got on ours.

Gerard gave me a funny look as I walked onto the bus. “What’s the matter?” he asked with knowingness to his voice, his tone concerned.

I shrugged at him, trying to think of the best way to put it.... See, a few years ago, something happened to me that only three people in this world knew about... Those people are Gerard, myself and... Bert McCracken. Everyone else was up and about now. “Um, I was just thinking about... Well, the second tour I went on with you guys...” I said calmly.

Gerard went slightly pale; he walked closer to me before directing me to the bunkroom. Once inside he sighed, “Are you okay?”

I nodded slightly, “That was a long time ago... I’m fine... It’s just, well, Adam and I were talking and he said something that reminded me of it... I sort of repressed the memory.”

Gerard hugged me tightly, “I’m sorry Ash... If I hadn’t been stupid and been out partying that night, I could’ve stopped--”

“Oh shut up about it Gee,” I said with a shrug, “shit happens. You can’t change anything and I’ve never once blamed you for it...” I hated to sound so cold, but it really wasn’t his fault, and I hated talking about what had happened. [A/N: Nope, I won’t be saying what actually happened in this chapter.]

Gerard nodded for a moment before hugging me again, “Alright... Sorry...” He looked around for a bit, “I’m going back out there, you coming?”

I shook my head, “Nah, I’m going to take a nap, I think.”

Gee nodded again, “Okay, let me know if you need anything...” I nodded to him before he walked out of the room.

I climbed onto my bunk and laid down, wrapping myself in my covers as I closed my eyes tightly, trying to stop thinking about that tour... But the images kept flashing in my mind until I fell asleep, crying slightly.