Status: active but, coming along slowly :]

Better Off Dead Than Alive In Here

Chapter 10

The guys and I looked over the songs I had written. There were 6 I had already written.

Set Off
Homecoming
Run, Don't Walk
Josey
Candles
Obvious
How You Love Me Now

We started of with Set Off. The guys had gotten out Pete's equipment and were trying out possible tunes. Mike, Jersey, and Alex were all throwing around random tunes on the guitar and Elliot was trying to get a beat by hitting on the coffee table. Finally we found a good beat and worked off that. We wrote down the music and then moved onto the next song. This was basically what we did for Set Off, Josey, Obvious, and Run, Don't Walk.

When we got to Homecoming and I had a little something in mind for it.

I asked them, "Do you guys all know the song A Hazy Shade of Winter?"

"Yeah," Jersey said, puzzled.

"Alright, how about this for Homecoming?" I said.

I started off with the tune from A Hazy Shade of Winter then started to go into a melody I had been tossing and turning about in my head for a while. I played it out and then looked up.

Elliot and Mike were trying to copy down all of the notes while Alex and Jersey were trying to get down the intro.

"Was it good?" I asked, a little worried they didn't like it.

"YES!" they all shouted.

I smiled and then remembered Bronx, "Great, but quiet down! Lil' dude is trying to sleep and we are definitely not helping. Not to mention I still have a minor headache from some people jumping on top of me…"

They all smiled sheepishly and muttered their apologies.

I laughed and went to grab the piano, "For Candles I have a melody already."

"Alright, can you play it?" asked Alex.

"Yep," I said. I started in on my first chords. This was really one of my favorite songs. It was about a relationship that was just falling apart. It was about letting go of everything that I didn't need and seeing the 'light' or things I really and truly needed.

The guys all smiled and clapped when I was done. I did a small curtsy and then sat back down because I was about to fall. I was still a little shaken up from the near death experience.

"We kind of put together a few songs too," said Mike.

"Alright, let's hear 'em," I said.

The guys had 4 really good melodies. I instantly thought of one for a more upbeat song.

"How bout,

Josey, don't you worry
It's just a phase you're going through
Some day you'll know just what to do
Josey, it's alright
Slap the hand that just keeps pouring
It doesn't matter, just do something"

"Perfect!" said Jersey.

I smiled and kept working. We wrote Arizona, 6 Months, Should've Tried Harder, and Hurricane Streets.

We were in the middle of writing Hurricane Streets when Alex and Georgia came through the door. They sat down on the chairs across from us and listened to Hurricane Streets.

Once we were done I said, "Why are you guys home so early?"

"Pete wanted me to come back and make sure you weren't dead," said Alex.

"And this doof wanted to see how the songs were coming along," Georgia joked.

Alex looked shocked, "Hey! You did too!"

"Yes, Alex, I did, but I am the one wearing the pants right now, so you have to listen to me or my favorite hobo is going to come and get you." she said.

Alex pouted, "Oh alright… Only because you're wearing the pants, but I am so wearing the pants tomorrow."

Georgia laughed, "Alright hun, whatever you say."

He leaned down and gave her a small kiss. They were so cute together; it made me a little sick.

"So, about the songs," I said.

"Oh yeah!" Alex said, "Let's hear them!"

"You'll hear them tomorrow!" screamed Mike and Jersey.

"What?" I asked.

Elliot replied, "We still have one more to find a melody to!"

"Ohh, I see," I said.

My eyes were drooping. What time was it? The clock read 11:30.

"I know we have one more to, but I am going to pass out soon," I said yawning at the end of my sentence.

"Alright, why don't we all get back to the dorms?" said Alex Lipshaw.

"We brought the big golf cart back so we can all fit on it," said Georgia.

We all put the instruments away. Georgia was going to stay with Bronx while Alex drove us back to the dorms. We all piled onto the cart and held on.

"Hold on tight," Elliot said.

That was the last thing I remember hearing. I was in a not-conscience-but-conscience state all the way to the dorms. We got to the dorms and went inside. I changed into my pajamas and got under the covers. This was definitely the best day I had had in a long time. I was actually looking forward to tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is reallllllly bad. Pulled it out of my butt to finish this day in the story. So annoying to be writing in a one day time scale. The next day will be fun :] first day of camp? yes sir!

comment please, and subscribe if you actually like it.

Georgia -- More hobo stuff will come, don't worry :]

Thanks