Status: active but, coming along slowly :]

Better Off Dead Than Alive In Here

Chapter 12

When we walked in everyone was over at the table with a few boxes of Dunkin' Donuts. I ran over and grabbed one with vanilla icing and sprinkles. There was coffee set out too so I took a cup and walked over to a table with a 'SIGN IN HERE' sign. I sat there for a minute eating my DELICIOUS donut, before Jack Barakat walked over to me.

"Lily…" he said shyly.

"Jack…" I replied.

"Will you be my sign in buddy?" he asked.

"Why of course!" I smiled and laughed.

Jack pulled a 'Napoleon Dynamite "Yes" ' before jumping on and then over the table to sit down on the bench. We both laughed and he gave he a hug.

"Thanks for being my partner Lily, because SOMEONE," Jack gave Suarez a fake dirty look, "wouldn't be my partner."

Suarez laughed and said, "Remember what happened last time we were sign in buddies Jack?"

"Nope. I can't seem to recall…" Jack pondered in an English accent.

Suarez laughed at him then went to his own station with Drew.

I was about to ask Jack what we were supposed to do when Andrew stood up on Alex and Gabe's table and said, "Alright so you know the deal. Get their name. Check them off the list. If they need to pay, get their money. Find out what classes the kid wants to take. If they have medical stuff, point out Vicky and Ryland's table. Give them their ID tag and tell them what happens if you lose it. Tell them their dorm and where it is. Any problems, just call Andrew or I over, we've got your back on the bitchy ones, trust me. Oh yeah, and be nice, SMILE!"

Jack jumped up and shouted out, "Okay!" smiling like a fool.

"Thank you, Jack Barakat, everyone!" Pete said. Everyone laughed and gave him a fake round of applause while he stood up and bowed.

"Alright, there are people waiting to get in so let's get this started." Andrew said and went to go open the doors.

People started to flood in. They obviously had money... and a lot of it... Coach, Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Louis Vuitton… You name it, it was in the room.

The first people Jack and I checked in were young. They had a little kid and looked friendly.

"HI!" Jack said loudly. The little girl giggled and the parents smiled.

"Hi," I said, "Welcome to the BP Country Club's camp. My name is Lily and this... exuberant boy over here is Jack."

Jack gave a small wave and asked the family for a name. The dad gave the little girl an encouraging look and she replied hesitantly.

"I'm Mikayla, " she said shyly.

"Hi Mikayla," I said, "What do you want to do at camp this summer?" Jack was checking her off and grabbing her nametag off of the table while I asked her some questions.

She looked at her mom who gave her a smile and said, "Mikayla wants to learn how to ride horses."

"You do!?" I asked, the whole teaching kids how to ride was just coming back to me. Mikayla nodded and looked up at me with shy eyes.

Jack came back with the nametag and said, "Well you're going to have an awesome teacher! Lily here, is in charge of horseback riding lessons."

"You are?" Mikayla asked with a smile.

"Yes I am, don't worry it'll be the best class ever," I smiled.

Jack started to talk about the nametag to Mikayla while I talked to her parents.

"Does Mikayla have any medication or anything that she needs to take daily. anything we need to be aware of?"

Her dad shook his head, "None that I can think of."

"Okay, what classes does she want to participate in?" I asked.

"Well, she wants to do horseback riding, of course, and possibly a music class," her mother said.

"Yeah, she can definitely get a music class," I said, writing down her choices.

"Lily, don't you have to do something awesome for counselor Jack in front of everyone if you loose your nametag?" Jack asked me.

I played along and said, "Oh yeah, of course… and sometimes if Pete or Andrew finds it… oh my, you don't even want to know what happens."

I tried to hide my laughter, but Mikayla saw and let out her breath.

"Don't worry," I said, "it's never bad, and you just have to do a dance or say something totally stupid in front of some people."

Jack smiled and said, " So you are in the girls dorm. It is right past the…"

Jack kept telling the parents where to go to, while I told Mikayla who her counselors were going to be for the camp.

"…and how long will Mikayla be staying?" Jack finished.

"The whole 8 weeks," she said.

"Yay!" Jack shouted. I saw disappointment flash in her eyes. Homesickness, would definitely be flashing in her mind.

"Awesome," I said, "Mikayla, will you be my new best friend for summer?" I made it dramatic and funny.

Jack added, "And me too?"

Mikayla laughed and nodded. She seemed like a shy kid. I would definitely have to get her out of her shell by the end of camp.

"Awesome. You guys can take her luggage to the dorm and check in with the person up there. I think Georgia is in your dorm." I said.

"Thank you," said the parents.

"Bye," said Mikayla.

"See you later" Jack said.

The next few families all needed either Pete or Andrew to come over. These parents didn't like this idea, or that food choice. One flat out told Jack that he wouldn't have his daughter being counseled by a gay man… Andrew had to reassure the man that Jack was indeed NOT gay. Even if Jack was gay, these people were horrible. I now understand why Pete always told me about how bad these days were.

I sighed when the last family left.

"Lily, you know I'm not gay, right," Jack said.

"Of course Jackie!" I said. "That guy was a douche bag. These people think that just because they have a lot of money that they are better than everyone else. The thing is, they are not. Everyone is created equal, some people just decide that they are better and can treat everyone like shit. They aren't though. Just ignore them. No one here gives a hippo shit about them," (AN LMFAO inside joke sorry....)

Jack smiled and gave me a huge hug, "Thank you Lily. I luwwwww you."

"Thanks Jackie, I love you too," I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!
AN

I'm back from the writing dead... yay! I'm so sorry. You have no idea what my schedule is like. I have volleyball (school and club), student council, my play rehearsals, and homework every night. I know I'm making excuses but it is the truth. I have my mom's laptop for the weekend, so expect me to be updating wayyyyy more frequently than before.

The one condition for my updates is that I want at least 10 comments from 6 different people EACH CHAPTER! I know I'm asking for a lot here, but all you have to do is comment. Then tell one of your friends, or all of them :] to read the story. I really love writing this, but it is a hassle to find time to write. If I am doing this, I want some feedback please?

To my loud or silent readers, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!! You make this story so much better with all of your input and advice. The good comments always make me smile and the criticism ones give me the push to make this story better.

I made a playlist for the time I was writing. I'll just add on random songs in the next updates.

The Silence--Mayday Parade
Champagne Is For Celebrating (I'll Have A Martini)--Mayday Parade
You Be The Anchor That Keeps My Feet On The Ground, I'll Be The Wings That Keep Your Heart In The Clouds--Mayday Parade
One Man Drinking Games--Mayday Parade
Passion for Publication--Anarbor
Painting Flowers--All Time Low
Vegas--All Time Low
Remembering Sunday--All Time Low
For The Win-- We Are The In Crowd
Never Be What You Want-- We Are The In Crowd
Whoever She Is--The Maine
We'll All Be--The Maine
Knives and Pens--Black Veil Brides
Picture Perfect--Every Avenue
Think of You Later (Empty Room) --Every Avenue
Turn It Off--Paramore
Pressure--Paramore
Situations--Escape the Fate
Feeling This--Blink-182
Adam's Song--Blink-182

That's all I have on it so far, but more is coming, I promise.

This chapter is for We Are The In Crowd, for replying to the wall post I left on their page on Facebook :]

10 comments from 6 people=new chapter :]

Much love and thanks,

Claire