Status: active but, coming along slowly :]

Better Off Dead Than Alive In Here

Chapter 15

What the hell... Why are they here? I thought this was going to be a great summer away from them...

I looked around the fire circle. All Time Low, We the Kings, and my band were all sitting on the picnic table. Cobra was sitting on the bleachers with them... I sighed and headed over to the picnic table. I plopped down onto Zack's lap and leaned into his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and frowned.

"What's wrong Lily?" he asked.

I sighed, "They are here... and most likely in Gold!"

"Hey, don't worry about it," he said, "You have Alex and Travis! Gabe doesn't know, yet. I don't know if you want one of us to tell him and everyone else, or you could do it your self..."

"Zack and Lily sitting on a picnic bench, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Jersey and Jack both shouted.

"Shut up," I laughed. "And that doesn't even rhyme!"

"It doesn't have to!" Danny shouted back.

I stuck my tongue out at Danny and then turned back to Zack, "I think I'll ask Pete to talk to them."

Zack smiled, "Good idea."

We both smiled and turned back to Andrew and Pete who were dividing up the groups. The Platinums went by the tire swings, the Bronzes by the horseshoes, the Slivers by the archery range, and the Golds just stood in the field behind the bleachers.

Andrew and Pete both stayed with our group as we walked over to the field. Ashlee, Georgia, and Kara had walked back to the dorms after we finished the song and introductions. I felt a little out of place being the only girl in the group of people with Converse and skinny jeans on. I looked down at the ground until Alex sat down in front of me.

He yelled out, "Yo, everyone in Gold! Sit down in a circular shape please, and thanks!"

I sat down next to him and watched a large circle form. Travis sat down next to me and leaned his head on my lap. I laughed and started to play with his vibrant hair. Gabe stood up in the middle of the circle and told everyone his name again. He motioned of Alex, Travis, and I to get up and join him. We all got up and looked at Gabe.

He said to the kids, "Alright, these are your other day counselors, Travis, Alex, Lily. You all know the rules, we talk you listen got it?"

I looked out at the kids and sighed. They were all in the circle together. William, Adam, Michael, Mike, and Andy. William had a slut, I mean girl, sitting on his lap. The girl's name was Cindy Harper. She was the stereotypical queen bee of the school. Head cheerleader, leader of the Elite Eight, boys swooning at her feet, definition of popularity. Cindy Harper was basically the bitch of the BCD. So it would make perfect sense that she goes out with William Beckett, who was the male counterpart for Cindy. He was popular, star baseball player, a douche bag beyond repair, and everything else you could think of.

The rest of the guys had girls sitting next to them the same way, ugh. I don't know half of their names, but SUPRIZE! They are all in the Elite Eight, and cheerleaders too!

I looked at the rest of the kids, who were basically carbon copies of the "core". I sighed and listened to what Travis was saying.

"Aright, so we're going to play a game to get to know all of your names. I am going to say my name and then something I like or enjoy doing. For example, my name is Travis Clark and I play the piano. Now everyone who has done, does, or is going to do the same think steps into the middle and say, "super stoaked' and makes a huge thumbs up sign and smiles. Got it?"

The group nodded and we started to play the game. Travis started again with the piano question. I walked into the middle with Travis, Gabe, Andrew, 2 random kids I didn't know, and William Beckett. I was shocked; Beckett actually does something besides making my life miserable!

Gabe went next saying he liked to wear neon colored clothing. The counselors were the only people to walk into the circle for that one.

It was finally my turn, so I said, "My name is Lily, and sarcasm is my first language... then of course English"

The counselors all laughed, and almost the whole circle took a step into the middle and said, "Super stoaked!"

The game continued on until it was William's turn. He walked into the middle and said, "My name is William, and my parents actually belong to this club."

All of the kids stepped into the circle. I felt a glare fall on me, so I just looked down at my worn Converse. I loved the lyrics I had written on them. Any lyric that I liked or loved was on my shoes. I grabbed the sharpie out of my pocket and sat back down on the ground. We had finished the game and Travis was once again lying in my lap. I grabbed his hand and started to doodle a stick figure scene while Alex and Gabe told the kids what groups they would be in. I had drawn a whole battle scene on his hand when they had everything sorted out.

I called out to Pete, "Peter, my dear!"

He walked over to me looking ticked that I called him by his real name, "What's up."

"Do you think you could possibly tell Gabe and Cobra about my... problem?" I asked with a small pout.

Pete frowned, "Alright. Only if you want me to."

I smiled, "I wouldn't have asked if I didn't."

"Are you sure you're okay with, them, being in your group?" Pete said.

I smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I'll be just fine."

"Okay, well we are going to have the kids go back to their groups and then they'll go to their first activity. You ready?" he said.

"Yeah," I answered, "let's go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Mikayla made me update...

I'm on SheSaidPoptars website! How cool :)

this chapter is for me. Selfish yes, but I'm kinda down right now.

Please comment. You really make me excited when I know what you think about this. Is it worth writing? Do I need to hurry it up or slow it down?

thanks :)

Claire