Status: active but, coming along slowly :]

Better Off Dead Than Alive In Here

Chapter 3

Pete and I got out of the car and we started to walk to the front entrance. Once we got inside the main office Pete led me over to the front desk.

"Hey, O'Callaghan! A little help?" he called.

A tall, lankish man appeared from a door behind the front desk. "What's up Wentz?... and new girl I don't know, but am loving already because she has a kick ass t-shirt on!"

Pete laughed while I blushed. I had on an Ivory shirt.

"John O'Callaghan," he leaned over the desk and put his hand out to shake, "front desk employee, schedule maker, lyric writer, guitar player, lead singer, extradordinaire."

I smiled and took his hand, "Lily Marie Andrews, horseback rider."

He laughed then gave Pete a serious look. "She met William yet?"

"I go to school with him," I said.

John gasped, "How, do, you, live?" Pete and I laughed. "No really! You are obviously an Ivory fan, and no one who goes to BCD likes Ivory, you aren't being a total bitch to me, and if there are more shirts where that came from I can guess you aren't the typical BCD student!"

Pete and I were laughing at John the whole time he was explaining his crazy, yet totally accurate, logic.

"It is a struggle. I'd much rather go to BPHS, trust me, but I have a full ride scholarship to BCD. My dad thinks it'd be best to take the scholarship for college and stuff."

"Ohhhh I see," John replied.

"Hey, John can we please get Lily her stuff? Andrew is making burgers for lunch today." Pete said, obvious lust for these burgers everyone was raving about.

"Oh. My. God. We have to go!!! These burgers don't wait for anyone you know! Follow me peeps," John led us into a small room with a camera set up. He sat me down on a small chair and fixed the camera.

"Smile darling!" he took the picture and printed it out on a card.

"Mrs. Beckett faxed over the info before you got here, so I just set up the camera. Alright let's go eat!" John said.

John linked his arm with mine and dragged me out of the office, leaving Pete running out behind us. John, Pete, and I skipped/ran over to the building with a sign that said "Dining Hall, Ballroom, Auditorium."

We walked into the dining hall and I took in all of the different things there. There were four long tables in the middle of the room, a long buffet was lined up against 2 of the walls, and there looked to be a door for a kitchen on the other side of the buffet. On the end of one of the middle tables 3 burgers were set out on plates. They had fries and fruit on them also. John ran over and grabbed the largest one, stuffing it into his face as quickly as possible. There was a note next to the plates so I picked it up and read it.

'Mrs. Beckett called.

Said Lily was coming.

See you at dinner.

Andrew..

"He's sweet," I said without thinking.

"That's Andrew, the nice guy," Pete smirked and took a bite of his burger.

I took a bite and realized what everyone was talking about. THESE BURGERS WERE FLIPPING DELICIOUS! I'm not even joking here. I had never had a better piece of beef in my life.

John and Pete started to talk about their gig tonight. Apparently all staff members went to Pete and Ash's house for dinner, then out to the local bar for their bands' gigs. The guys were talking about their band's set list and performance order. I just listened, content on eating this piece of heaven fallen from the sky to be put into peoples bodies.

"So what are you gonna wear for the show Lily?" John asked.

"Um, I thought I was just going to stay home and hang out with Bronx," I replied. This was a lot to handle for a few hours, and I needed time to chill out. Lil' dude always made me feel calm, no matter what was going on with me.

'You're not going?!" John asked, but it sounded a lot more like, "U-R N-T C-OL-WIG?"

I laughed at his face. He had sad eyes and a mouth full of food hanging out. It was disgusting, but cute at the same time.

" John, this has been a long day for Lily. I think she needs time to chill out, get unpacked, and get acquainted with the place. Plus, Ash hasn't been to our shows in a long time and Lily would be my HERO if she watched Bronx for me. That is, unless you have other plans, then don't worry about it." Pete said.

"Of course I'll watch lil' dude!" I smiled, "and when do I ever have other plans Pete?" He knows I have no social life.

"Ha. Not funny," he smirked. We both burst out laughing an John joined in awkwardly.

"Hahaha, yeah, I don't get it." he said.

"John, darling," I used his reference from earlier, "I listen to Ivory, Blink-182, New Found Glory, ect.... Do you reall think I have a huge social life?"

"Hmmmm..." he said, pondering, "with the sarcasm noted, I'd have to say no." His sarcasm made me laugh.

"Bingo! And don't worry about the sarcasm bud, we'll work on it." I gave him a light pat on the cheek and we all laughed, John actually knowing what we were talking about this time.

We all finished our 'wonderfully, ahmazing, pieces of joyfullness' as John calls them and put the trash into the garbage.

"How about we go grab your stuff?" Pete asked.

"Sure," I replied.

So we all set out to the car to grab my luggage. Pete grabbed the heaviest suitcase, knowing that John couldn't carry it. John went to pick up the lighter bag and failed the first time... and the second... and the third. Pete and I were both laughing at him while he shot us dirty glances.

John saw a few people in the distance. He looked at the suitcase then up at the people again.

Finally he screamed, "Hey Saporta, Clark, Gaskarth! Come meet my new best friend!"
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you think?
comment? subscribe?please?
Thanks to all the, few people who have read and subscribed, you are awesome :]

This is my last update tonight, the next one will be on by sunday at the latest

p.s. Sorry Georgia, next chapter Gaskarth will be in it. I swear :]