Status: active but, coming along slowly :]

Better Off Dead Than Alive In Here

Chapter 8

Dinner went on without any other problems... thanks to Zack and Hunter who decided to hop on the give William a dirty look train. Jack and Nate had a small food fight that resulted in them sitting as far away from each other as possible.

During the middle of dinner the doorbell rang. John ran to answer the door. About eight guys came in. They all sat down in the random empty seats between people.

Pete noticed my confusion and started the umpteenth round of introductions, "Hey, everyone who just came in, this is Lily Marie Andrews. She is going to be teaching horseback riding and in Gabe's group."

The guy who sat down next to Hunter leaned over and said, "Hey, my names Pat. The guys next to me are Jared, Kennedy, and Garrett."

"We all work in the office," said Jared.

"And we play in The Maine with John O'Stupidhan" said Garrett holding back a laugh.

"Hey!" John shouted from the end of the table. "Don't talk mean about me to my new best friend!"

"Its alright John, I still love you," I said smiling.

Kennedy laughed and said, "We are all glad to meet you."

"It is nice to meet you too," I said. "Do you guys live in the dorms?"

"Yeah, we live downstairs," Garrett, said.

"Oh I see," I said. So that was what the other door was for.

"Yeah and the kitchen crew is with us too," said Pat.

I nodded and talked to the guys and Hunter about their gig tonight. Everyone who was anyone went to this thing apparently. John promised that he would drag me there next week if I didn't go. There were a few guys sitting near Ashlee at the end of the table that I hadn't met yet. I'll just wait until dinner is finished to say hello.

After everyone was finished some people got up and went back out into the living room. The girls had done the cooking so it was the guys who did the dishes (I played with Bronx the whole time because I didn't help with anything at all). I was sitting on the couch when Rian and the guys who I hadn't met came up and sat around me.

"Hey, Lily," said Rian. "These are the guys you're bunking by."

There were 4 guys with Rian. The first had luscious black hair and glasses.

"Hey, my name is Jersey," he said.

"Hey, I'm Mike," The next guy also had black hair, but it was pulled to one side.

"The name is Alex," said another guy. He had lighter brown hair than the first two guys, but it was still brown.

The final guy said, "Hey, I'm Elliot."

I smiled and said, "Hey, if you didn't know by now my name is Lily."

Everyone laughed and started to talk. Theses guys ALSO had a band, but it wasn't concrete or anything. They needed a lead singer and lyrics, desperately. I felt bad, I wanted to help them out, but I don't want people to hear my singing.

Right after I thought that Pete sat down and gave me a sly smile.

"Hey, are you guys still looking for a lead singer?" he asked.

I saw him pull out my lyric booklet.

"Peter, you wouldn't dare," I said. He wouldn't...

"I think that Lily would be perfect for the job. She plays guitar, writes songs, and sings," he said with a smile.

"Pete!" I yelled.

"You do!?" yelled Jersey.

"Yeah," I sighed, "but nothing great."

"Give me that book, Pete," said Mike.

He grabbed it from Pete and brought it up to his face. Jersey, Elliot, and Alex all looked over his shoulder and read my whole emotional life poured out into word. No big deal right? This happens everyday...NOT!

They all finished the book and looked at each other, confirming something with their eyes.

"You are so our new lead singer. No if, ands, or buts." said Elliot.

I sighed, "Guys I really don’t think,"

"That's great!" Pete cut me off, "You guys can stay here and help watch Bronx tonight with Lily. You all can talk about lyrics and music and get everything together! I bet next week you can do the show at Harold's!" Pete got really excited about the whole managing aspect of music. When he and Fall Out Boy hit it big I know he secretly wants to open a record label. (AN: hahaha do you like the plug there?)

"That's an awesome idea!" said Alex.

"Do I even get a say in this?" I heard myself asking.

Pete put his arm around me and said, "Nope."

I sighed and blew my bangs out of my eyes, "Fine, I'll do it. Not because Pete is an asshole and stole my lyric book and invaded my privacy. Not because y'all are making me... No I think it is basically because you guys are making me."

The guys all laughed and gave me a hug. I was on the bottom of a dog pile hug made up of Jersey, Mike, Alex, Elliot and Pete. They were all pretty heavy when they were all on top of you. I laughed and tried to push them off of me, but it soon became a struggle. Gabe, John, Garrett, Hunter, Travis, and Danny jumped on to it too.

I really couldn't breath so I choked out the first one consonant word I could muster up, "Help."

I was about to give out. The pressure on top of me was too great for my small body to handle. I felt more weight pile on me and soon my vision had little black dots everywhere. I felt weight being lifted off of me quickly, but it was too late. My conscience had slipped from me and I was slipping into a world of darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
AN
So I basically wrote this whole chapter listening to You Left Me and Whoever She Is by The Maine. Just thought I'd let you know two awesome songs to look up :]

Anyways can you let me know what you think of this chapter? I have an idea of where I'm going with this, but if anyone wants to give a suggestion of who they want more of or such just comment the story, my profile, or send me a message.

I'm not going to have as fast updates during the week for a few reasons.
1. I have been writing it on my mom's laptop and she needs it at her work.
2. I have no free time until like 7 pm everyday.
3. I would have to type it on my home cp and I don't like my keyboard AT ALL. It sucks major butt.
4. I want to get a few chapters done so I can just post when I need to and not be in a writing frenzy all the time.

Thanks once again to the people who have continuously commented and let me know how I am doing. I seriously love you all :]

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!
IMPORTANT!!!!!!!
IMPORTANT!!!!!!!
6 comments from at least 4 different people will unlock the next chapter :]

Thanks :]