Status: active but, coming along slowly :]

Better Off Dead Than Alive In Here

Chapter 9

The darkness consumed me. Nothing mattered here. I didn't matter what I wore, what I listened too, and how rich I was. It was all dark and silence.

"Lily, Lily Marie," a voice broke into my darkness. The voice was scared. I knew it from somewhere, but the darkness kept me from thinking.

"Lily Marie you come back to me right now," another voice called into my darkness. This was a separate, but equally scarred voice. Along with it came a small light in the darkness. I wanted to go to the light and find out what it was, but the darkness only allowed me to go a few steps.

"Lily, you have to wake up now," A lady said. I felt very bad that I couldn't talk to her, but the light was so far away and I couldn't move any farther.

A final voice came into the darkness, "Little sister, I can't lose you." It opened up a large circle of light at the end of the darkness. I could almost touch it! One more step and I would be out, into the light. I would know what the heck these people were talking about and why Lily was being a total idiot and not going back to them.

I was sick and tired of not knowing so I took a great step and finally made it into the light.

"Oh," I said. My eyes opened to see the whole room looking at me.

Pete, Ashlee, Andrew, and Zack were all surrounding me. Someone had me in his arms. They were warm, and they felt like home. I didn't want them to leave. I didn't get to see who it was because they placed me on the couch before I became fully aware of my surroundings.

"What happened?" I asked. I didn't remember anything after agreeing to be in the band.

"Well," Pete said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"These idiots," Ashlee pointed to Pete, Jersey, Alex, Mike, Elliot, Gabe, John, Garrett, Hunter, Travis, and Danny, "decided to dog pile on top of each other and you unfortunately were at the bottom."

The guys were all standing in a group in a corner of the room. I looked over at them and they all started to apologize. It really hurt my head.

Zack noticed and said, "Guys, you can all say sorry later. Right now Lily needs a glass of water, some ibuprofen, and rest."

The guys all sheepishly smiled.

"So, who is gonna so get it?" asked Ashlee.

There was a huge stampeeed for the bathroom and the kitchen for water and ibuprofen. I smiled at Ashlee and she laughed. Andrew grabbed a blanket and put it over me.

The guys all came back in the living room carrying a huge water bottle, a container of ibuprofen, and a pillow. I smiled at them all and said thanks.

"Pete, the time…" Andrew said.

"Holy crap!" Pete shouted. "Lily, I know you just woke up and all, but"

"The show, I know! Don't worry about me! I have my new band mates staying with me. Right guys?" I asked.

I heard a chorus of "Yeah!" and, "Of Course!" from the guys.

Georgia and Kara came over with a bar of Hersey chocolate.

"Eat this," Georgia said.

"It'll make you feel ten times better," Kara finished.

"You're sure that it is okay we leave you with Bronx?" Ashlee asked.

"Yeah, for sure," I smiled. "He'll be fine."

"Alright thanks Lily, you better feel better by the time we get back or I am hold all of them and myself personally responsible," said Pete.

I laughed and said, "Don't feel bad, I'll be fine. Go play your gig, and kick ass. Okay?"

"Only for you," he laughed. "Everyone who is going to Harold's and wants a ride, grab a golf cart! The rest of you losers can ride with the cargo."

There was a mad dash to the door followed by goodbyes. Georgia and Kara stayed behind.

"Aren't you guys gonna go to the show?" I asked.

"Yeah, Alex already got a golf cart and he's not gonna leave me here, trust me," said Kara.

"We wanna know what's up with you and Zack?" said Kara. She had the same smile that told you 'tell me what I want to know'.

"Nothing," I said.

"Oh come on!" Georgia sighed. "He was so concerned when he saw the dog pile he and… He pulled all of those people off you! I didn't even hear you and I was sitting on the couch next to the pile! Zack was across the room!"

I laughed and sighed, "Guys he is like my brother. He told me about his sister and told me he would be there for me. I don't think he wanted to lose anyone again."

"Ohhhhh," they both said, understanding.

"Now, go! Before you make them late!" I said.

The girls gave me a hug and then walked out the door. I was by myself in the living room. Where did they go…?

"Oh favorite new band mates!" I said.

The four of them were all in the kitchen reading my lyric booklet. They heard my call and ran over to the couch. Jersey and Mike plopped down next to me. Elliot and Alex sat on the chairs across from the couch.

"We have a few ideas," said Mike.

This was gonna be a long night…
♠ ♠ ♠
For Georgia, Mikayla, Abi, and Shali. Because I'm afraid they will hurt me if I don't... and Georgia broke out the squeezy cheese, so I apparently have too :]

Thanks for reading :]

comment and subscribe?

I'll love you forever... and ever?