It Can't Come Well

Isn't it messed up

The next day rushed in all too early. Everyone from the Dare Group avoided me at all costs seeming like they were afraid I might hurt them. Even if it may seem like I’m heartless at times, I usually have good intensions.

The first class started moments later putting everything destroying my mind get shoved in a box and put in the corner. “Alright class, we’re going down to The Commons for a school wide meeting. There have been some reports of violence and weapons being used in the auditorium. If you’ve had anything to do with it or are in any part of this act, you should be very ashamed of yourselves. Leave my room now before you’re all late.” My teacher had a good sense of humor, but if he were to be angry, his glares are enough to murder.

---♥---

Gerard was waiting right outside the door scanning the crowd. With the attempt at hiding myself behind a few taller guys in grade 12, he found me anyway, latching onto my right arm and walking us both into the over-crowded room. “We’re meeting in the graveyard tonight. Come.” Both of us dropped from full height to a sitting position on the repulsive school floor. “I know you want me. If you can keep innocent, I’ll give you what you want.” He made a gesture toward his man parts with that knowing smirk plastered up on his face.

“As some expectantly angry teachers may have mentioned, there’s been students leaving classes many times to locations unknown and using weapons. Thanks to an honest student, this information has been provided, but there are no names of the people involved. If you are aware…” I stopped paying attention there when Gerard slung an arm around my waist, pulling my fragile body close to him.

Just that simple touch was enough to make my face go red with embarrassment. “Gerard, don’t. I like it, but not now.” I whispered back catching stares of horrified class mates.

Plenty of stupid comments started flying around about what I just said making Gerard attempt to throttle his uncontrolled laughter. “Way, stand up.” A teacher ordered drawing all 700 students’ undivided attention. While staggering his feet, he managed to get me to stand up next to him in one of those awkward positions where he’s looking all confident, and I’m just sort of there hooked onto him standing behind his every word. “What must you find the need to talk about now of all times?”

Gerard shrugged pondering on what to tell the principal. He craned his neck so he could whisper something to me without having anyone else hear. “I’m not turning us in, but I’m going to start talking about sex. If you want to sit down, I don’t mind, but I like having you pressed close up against me.” Can Gerard ever make me fail to hide my flushed skin from
the crowd at his seductive words?

No, he’ll never stop doing that. It’s just something that makes him up. “Alright, but don’t try anything to get us in trouble.”

He took his go and started getting all defensive. “Well Mr. Whatever, I don’t think you’d care to hear about my personal life that’ll be going on tonight, but since you asked, I’m telling you. I was just in the middle of telling my new boy friend about what I’ll do to him in my room later to show him just how much he means to me. Everyone who started talking around us is just
being rude.”

Some of the teachers who happened to have a good sense of humor started laughing ever so slightly. The same kids who started the commentary spoke up again calling us pansies and fags, but I didn’t have the guts to think about caring.

“Mr. Way, Mr. Lero-“ I swear, if I didn’t know any better, I’d think I was registered at school as Frank Lero. It’s not that hard to get my name right.

I never let anyone get away with getting my name wrong, and now’s not the time to start. “Sir, it’s clearly written as Iero…with an I, not an L.”

“I don’t care what it’s spelled with or how you say it, just sit down and stop talking. Keep all body parts to yourself. I’ve got a strong hate against homosexuals, so you’re this close to getting some detention for disrupting concentration. Sit!” Fire was raging in his eyes begging to be released so he could set everyone aflame.

---♥---

Gee kept us out of the rain of terror just hardly balancing on the clear zone. He really got some people mad today, but I was a help in the rage part. “Those people are meeting tonight. I already told you the jock was cut, so no more of anyone dragging on you.”

The first wave of busses left leaving at least 400 more people wandering aimlessly around the loading platform. Gerard had hauled us to a dark corner of the building where he could hold me close and whisper his vicious words I died to hear escape his lips.

“During that school announcement you made, you announced I was your bitch, did you really mean that, or was it just a cover up to get some laughs?” He tensed up for a second nervous about what he would say next.

He didn’t mean what he said, but didn’t want to break me down. I just had a feeling those thoughts were the only ones running past his twisted mind. What could Gerard (who happened to be great getting one-night stands) see in a person like me? I was in no way attractive as far as I was concerned, so if he’s looking for a good fuck, he’s not going to like it from me.

Gee glanced from the ground to anywhere but my eyes. “I…I-I think I need you, Frank. It’s been so long since I’ve found a person I wouldn’t mind falling in love with. Every time it’s happened though, something happened. I want to love you, but I don’t want you to get hurt.” He still avoided eye contact with me, and I swear to god he’s on the verge of tears. “Frank, are you mad at me?”

Talk…say something to him. I don’t want him to get all depressed because I didn’t have the balls to talk to him. I want him. “I don’t think I can get mad at you.” I whispered leaving him standing there alone.

---♥---

I stood at the graveyard entrance waiting for Gee to show up…or at least some one else
from the group.

They better not have canceled out.

Dia showed up moments later with Gerard and all the others tagging behind her. “Hey Frank! You have no idea how hellish it would have been if you didn’t show. Gee here refuses to talk about anything except you.”

He started blushing when I gave him that ’You want to get laid’ look, but of course it was true. It’s impossible not to notice it. “Well I’m bored of standing around. If you guys didn’t get here in the next five minutes, I would have been long gone getting Mikey to take my virginity.” Gerard was obviously pissed that I mentioned sex with his brother, but I don’t care. He wants me.

---♥---

“Frank…you’ve already thrown in the knife, so you gotta do this one.” Derrick whined pulling one of the slutty girls onto his lap.

They’ve all really been pounding me with ridiculous stuff tonight. “But I don’t want to!” I whimpered giving him the kicked puppy look.

He didn’t pay attention to how I was looking at him and kept up with pushing me onto the dare. I don’t care if you don’t want to, you’re gonna be naked the rest of the night even if it means I have to burn your clothes off.” He threatened flicking a lighter out of his pocket showing the flame.

“Can I at least sit behind the circle?” I asked shedding my dark red hoodie. All the girls and Gee were watching desperately as I started taking off my pants.

Derrick shook his head making direct eye contact with me. “Right where you are next to Gee and Dia. Now hand me your clothes.” He demanded ripping them from my grasp.

I gave up on trying to cover my parts and returned to the position I was in of being stretched out leaning back on my elbows. It was pretty awkward for everyone, but we all just got over it.
I want my clothes back.

Derrick handed me the switchblade quickly returning to his seat on the other side of the circle. “Alright…since the girls and Gerard are all enjoying my nakedness,” Everyone started lightly laughing at my remark. “Steven, you gotta let Ryan piss on you.”

---♥---

Stupid stuff like that kept going on the rest of the night till everyone started leaving around three in the morning. May I point out the worst part of tonight? Ryan wasn’t exactly pleased that I made Steven piss on him, so Derrick was dared to burn my clothes. I’d manage to talk them into not burning my hoodie, but everything else is just ashes scattered around where we were all sitting at one point.

So here I am begging Dia for a ride home because getting arrested for being naked in public isn’t exactly something I want my mom to hear when the cops bring me hoe in nothing but a dark red hoodie. “Please Dia, if you drive me home, I’ll do anything, please!” I was down on my knees begging her if you care to know how desperate I got.

“Fine, but Gerard already asked, and we have to drive out like an hour to New Brunswick and get Mikey from his friend’s sister’s sweet 16. You’re getting dropped off last, alright?” She
just had to make me suffer.

I nodded clambering into the back seat of her car pulling at my hoodie to cover my otherwise naked body. Why the hell did they burn my clothes? I actually liked what I was wearing today, but they didn’t listen much less care about what I pleaded. “Dia, can you at least turn the heat up? I’m literally freezing my ass off back here.”

Gerard snickered turning up the heat keeping his odd gaze fixed on me.

He wants to fuck me senseless, but he doesn’t want to get attached to me. He wants to fall in love with me, but he’s afraid I’ll get hurt. I want to have him… I still feel too naked for mindless thought comfort.

---♥---

“Frank, wake the fuck up.” I heard someone, but refused to open my eyes. I was cold and didn’t want to move. The person started pushing me this time. “If you don’t wake up, I’m gonna kick you, and your balls are pretty exposed right now.”

Much to my regret, I got up waiting for my eyes to adjust. “Fine, I’m awake. Where am I, Dia?” I asked falling out of the backseat of her car onto the pavement. “It’s almost morning.” I announced staring up at the sky displaying early dawn.

Dia scoffed looking down at me from her short stature of 5 feet tall. At least I’m 4 inches taller not making me the shortest of the group. “You’re an idiot. While you were sleeping, you mom called so Gerard picked up your phone and told her you were sleeping over his house. It took till 4:30 a.m. to get back home, so we’re at my house.” I would have rather gone home with Gee… “Frank, aside from the hoodie, you’re still naked. Get the hell up and come
inside. My brothers probably have something for you to wear.”

She let me get up and fallow her to the front door.

---♥---

I stood there in the middle of Dia’s bedroom waiting for her to comeback with clothes. Not that I minded being naked, but it’s the fact that I’ve been naked infront of a girl who I’ve only known for two days, and I’m in her house.

“What the hell Dia! You know Mom and Dad said you’re going to be kicked out if you went to that group again!” I’m guessing one of her brothers was the one quietly yelling at her as their steps came closer to her room. “It’s 5:00 in the morning for crying out loud! Where the hell were you?”

A guy of about 20 years old rampaged into the room giving me death glares. “Don’t worry. I’m gay, and I have a boyfriend. Your sister’s safe.” I blabbed backing away toward Dia again for protection. “Dia, is he gonna fucking kill me?”

“No, he’s just mad I went to group.” She whispered turning her attention to her raged older brother once again. “Jeremy, he needs some clothes, alright? Then when he’s dressed, I’ll take him to Gerard’s, alright?” She spoke softly calming her brother down to a humanly level.
He let his guard down enough to flee back and return with clothes what would be at least three sizes too big for me. “Thanks… and sorry for the whole naked thing, but they burned my clothes!” I whined watching him strut back to his room down the hall.

“Here, put them on and I’ll be in the car. If you need a belt or something, here,” She pulled out this sparkling pink belt with rhinestones covering parts of it… If I had a choice, I’d go around with my pants falling down, but seeing how tired I was feeling yet again, I couldn’t care less.

Dia left me up here where I half heartedly pulled on her brothers clothes them made my Way to staggering uncoordinatedly down the stairs. Alright, I’m kinda drunk, but it’s Gerard’s fault. While we were driving to get Mikey (like 5 minutes before I fell asleep, Dia pulled into some 7/11 parking lot and we all had a few beers Gerard had insisted on bringing earlier.
By now, I’ve learned never to question Gee. It’s better to let him do whatever the fuck is going on in his mind than stop him.

Somehow I got to the car without falling down the stairs or off the porch or whatever else I could fall from. I was kind of proud of myself for it in a strange way…

---♥---

The front door opened exposing Mikey looking pretty pissed off at the fact he had to wake up at 5:30 in the fucking morning just to answer the goddamn door. He studied me for a few seconds trying to remember where he’d seen me. “Why were you naked anyway?” He asked taking my hand and pulling me inside his house. Dia by now had driven away going back home to her family who might have started getting up for work and whatnot by now.

Mikey shut the door walking down a hallway beckoning me to fallow. “His room is down there. Go sleep with him. You’re all he’s been talking about for like the last week. He’s head over heels for you if he was more flexible.” He laughed to himself pushing me toward the basement then retreating back to where I guess his room was.

The stairs creaked as I started descending to where I’d be on a flat surface again commonly called the floor by everyone else in the damn world. Gerard wasn’t sleeping yet when I started searching for him. He was actually just sort of staring there watching me awkwardly.

“Dia’s brother wouldn’t let me stay at her house, and I can’t go home drunk… can I stay down here with you? I want to go to sleep, it’s Way too fucking early to still be awake.” I don’t know why I stared crying, but the tears wouldn’t stop falling.

Almost instantly, Gerard started freaking out getting up and hugging me cooing to me it’s alright. “Frank, come here and lay down. I’m sorry I made you drink tonight, and with all those dares they gave you, well they just went too far. I’m sorry I didn’t stop them.”

Moments later after laying down with Gee, sleep overcame me while Gerard continuously mumbled comforting nothings to me again and again. Who was I to start complaining? This is what I’ve always wanted, and there’s no intension of giving it up.

---♥---

Morning starts ignoring the fact I’ve only been asleep for a few hours, but I get up anyway. “Gerard, wake up. I want to go home.” I shook him till he woke up by smacking me rather hard across the face. “What the hell was that for?” I yelled getting off him sitting on the ground.

He got a look of realization on his face as things started coming together in his thoughts. “Hell, I’m sorry, Frank. I didn’t know it was you. Are you alright?” Gerard asked sitting up in bed looking down at me.

“Just take me home.” I whispered getting up and leaving his room. The side of my face Gerard hit hurt like hell, but I pushed past it making my way outside standing in the Way’s driveway. Gee was out standing behind me moments later with the keys in his hand.

We got into his car carefully and he started driving me back to my house. “See, every time I find someone who I wouldn’t mind wasting all my time with, I fuck it up.” He stops at the traffic light avoiding eye contact.

“We don’t have to be together then.” I stated getting out of the car before he could say anything else. My house was a few blacks away, but I didn’t care. Walking always calmed me down anyway.

---♥---
(One Week Later)
---♥---

I’m collecting things from my locker for the next few classes blinking back tears for the countless time today. My eyes sting horribly, but I’d kill for that to be my only problem. With one last glance at the pile of books in my arms, I kick the locker door just enough for it to shut and just wait for the bell to ring.

Gerard struts by with the latest boyfriend hanging off his arm taking those sweet nothings he’s mumbling under his breath taking a quick apologetic glance at me almost stopping dead in his tracks, but manages to pull himself away from the idea.

He wants me, I want him, but we can’t be together anymore.

I don’t think I want him anymore now. In all reality, I don’t think I want anyone. Live and die alone; it’s the story of my life, and I like it that way.

He’ll always find someone better than me…
(THE END)
♠ ♠ ♠
I rather enjoyed writing this. the total word count for both chapters is 5,249 words.