Carefully Guarded

004

“Will?” she asked with incredulity coloring her voice.

“Hey Kelsey,” Will said with a sort of nervous giggle.

“What are you doing here?” Kelsey asked as she closed the distance between them to give him a hug.

“My friend here had a um…problem and the house was closest.” Will paused as if uncertain, then he opened his arms to his Mom, who rushed into them with a shriek and demanded to know why he hadn’t told her the moment the opened the door. “I wasn’t sure how to tell you.”

“Well, look how much you’ve grown! We have to throw you a party. A return party actually. Come, we have to start planning!” Mrs. Russell swept away with Will and Kelsey, who stopped to give Will a peck on the cheek.

I could feel a thousand cracks running along my heart and reducing it to rubble as I heard the happy three desending the large stair case. The pain was excruciating. In that moment I knew, with absolute certainty that I had to leave. I realized something as a thousand images rushed into my head, that someone wanted me unhappy. Weather it be God or some human force, they(it) wouldn’t stop. Ever. I saw the fortune teller pop into my head, I relived her telling me to guard my heart and now I know what she meant. When she said that great things would happen she meant I would be in love. Possible the type of love that exists in fairytales. Whatever it was I can’t let it happen.

As a feeling of sadness engulfed me I yanked on my running/traveling clothes. I pulled on my trainers and ran a quick brush through my hair so as to be over looked in a crowd and I headed out through my window. It would be dark before my absence would be noted and I took off into the dimming light.

At the house Will, Kelsey and Mrs. Russell were having a tear-filled reunion. Will suddenly heard a weird sound from upstairs, though he quickly dismissed it when Kelsey grabbed his hand and led him outside.

“I missed you,” Kelsey said suddenly after they had walked for a minute in silence.

“I missed you too. I’m sorry I didn’t call. I was busy, you know, running for my life and all,” Will said in a half hearted attempt to lighten the mood.

“Will, when you rescued me, and they took you, I saw you in a different light. I saw you as the hero you have always been for me. I saw you like that and I decided to help you in anyway I could and I realized that I wanted to do that because I like you, a lot.” Will stood shocked. He had liked Kelsey, but not like that. Like a best friend. Like a sister.

“Kelsey, I don’t know how to tell you-“

“I know might not like me, like that, but will you give me a chance? Please? I’m not saying I want to just be your girlfriend, but let me work up to that.” Will sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

“Kelsey, I don’t know. Maybe, but right now I have to help my friend. She needs me.” Kelsey nodded, and before I could quite comprehend the situation, her lips were on mine. Just as quickly they weren’t and I stood dumfounded, rooted to the spot.

“What was that for?” Will demanded. Kelsey blushed 10 kinds of red.

“I-we-I- we should go inside,” and then Kelsey hurried inside. Will just stood there, a blank look on his face, try understand the flood of feelings raging through his mind and soul.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short? Yes. Bigger things coming, Heck yes. I'm sorry this has taken so long, but mid terms are evil. Comment people. My writer moral is dropping with out it's metophorical water(your comments). Anyway, please remember to subscribe.