Best Thing In Town

Twelve.

Billie Joe was there at that party. Drunker, sweatier, and louder than usual. And always gorgeous.

Before I left my house, I looked in the mirror. I pushed back my dirty blond locks and examined my face. I wore eyeliner and more mascara than usual. I was satisifed with the way I looked because it conveyed how I felt. Tonight was a free night. And by that, I mean I had made up my mind beforehand that anything goes. I had a stressful week trying to control my emotions, so for tonight, and tonight only, my mind is free.

There was no band playing tonight, so it was just a beat up record player spinning. I was impressed that it was a record player instead of a stereo, but then I remembered I was at Carson's and he always had a way about him that kept him genuine. I smiled and grabbed a beer from the ice chest. After that, I made a trip to the bathroom. And when I came out, he was in there leaning against the wall.

I watched as he stumbled through a conversation with the boy I remembered to be Mike. The boy with the bright blue eyes. Billie's hair was messy, but his clothes were neat. He sported a clean Ramones tee shirt with jeans. Granted, there was one hole in his jeans, but it was tasteful.

And then it was as if he knew. He ended the conversation and saw Mike off down the hallway. Then knowingly stood in front of me. He smirked. I smirked.

"Logan." He breathed. His eyes were gleaming at me above the rim of his beer can. I smiled and sipped mine as well. "God, you're pretty."

I felt myself blush and my stomach turn. This is the Billie I met the first night. The beautiful, fucked up boy. And for some reason, I was in love with that Billie. And tonight, I allowed myself to feel this way. And as the night went on, I would allow myself to act on these feelings.

I wasn't being myself, and I didn't care. I was sitting in Billie's lap on the back porch. His hands gripped roughly on my hips from time to time. That was his way of letting me know he was wanting something. And by the devilish beam in his angel eyes, I knew exactly what he was wanting.

My normal self wouldn't have allowed any of this. And Billie knew that too. Even if he when was drunk. Maybe especially when he was drunk. But Billie also knew there was a beer can in my hand, and he might get lucky. And I knew I was going to let him.