Best Thing In Town

Four.

"How the fuck are ya?" He yelled into the crowd of drunk high schoolers that had formed in the living room. Everyone roared and raised their plastic cups in the air. They were all sweaty and smelly. And there was this one boy who kept stumbling backwards on top of me. He was sticky.

I had to breathe, so I pushed through the people and ended up on the wall. It was a much better place than I was. I could see Billie more clearly here. I mean, not that I wanted to see him. But. He was just so gorgeous. And my mind boggled when I thought about how beautiful he would be sober.

They started to play a song, and everything droned out. The drunks quieted and the radio playing before they hit the stage was turned off and it was just Billie and two other guys. They just played, and I was impressed.

"All right, this is the last song." Billie murmured into the microphone after a while. He kept taking swigs from his beer throughout songs. "This one's called At The Library, where I sure as hell don't spend my free time!"

Billie began to sing. "Hey there, lookin' at me. Tell me, what do you see?"

And he looked at me. I was breathless.

The party began to die down; more people were passing out and throwing up in the backyard. Billie and his band were done playing, so I took it as my que to leave. It was only 12 o'clock, not too late for my mom's peferences.

As soon as I reached for the door knob, a cold sweaty hand gripped my arm. I gasped instinctively and whipped my head around. And there he was.

Painfully sucking in another gasp, I felt myself gawking at him without trying to. Why I was so stunned at his blood shot eyes, I'll never know. And why I was so entranced by his devilish grin, not a clue.

I saw his lips begin to move and I fought away the ringing in my ears to catch what he was saying. "You never told me what you're name is."

And then my mouth began to speak without me controlling it. "Well, you were summoned. So I didn't have time." And I felt myself smirk. He had me under some spell.

Extremely at ease, he leaned his body against the wall and smiled at me for at least eight seconds before he spoke. "Ya gonna tell me? Or do I have to find out some other way?"

My heart began to speed. I felt my cheeks warm up. "Hmmm."

"I mean, you don't look like the type to be here. I'm sure none of these drunk bastards would know your name, huh?"

I breathed in and leaned on the opposite wall. "Why's my name so intriguing?" I questioned.

He smirked. "Why isn't it?" I then noticed he had a brown bottle in his hand. He sipped it and looked at me expectantly.

"Because you're not gonna remember it in the morning, Billie." I slid his name in casually; almost using it to brag that I knew his and he still didn't know mine.

He roughly rubbed his eyes. "My full name's Billie Joe Armstrong," he paused. "If you ever need to get ahold of me or anything." And the smile on his mouth stretched until he brought the bottle to his lips.

"Well, I guess I'll be leavin' now, Mr. Billie Joe." I didn't particularly want to leave, but I should've been heading home. If I could, I would stay here all night with this drunk, stunning boy.

And when I started to tug myself towards the door, I swear he whimpered. "Please, just tell me your name. Your name. Please." His eyes were so bright. A bright, bright green surrounded by bright, bright red.

I whispered. "Logan Marie Stewart."

He smiled, and he whispered also. "All right, Logan Marie Stewart. You're pretty."

I took advantage of the situation. I knew he was completely wasted, so I told him the truth. The truth that would sound so pretty coming out of my mouth, but the truth he wouldn't be able to remember.

"Billie Joe Armstrong, you are a beautiful, fucked up boy."