Best Thing In Town

Seven.

It didn't take too long until Billie and I got to the music store. And when we did, I realized that not only was he physically beautiful, but so was his music taste. He would pick up practically the oldest record in that store and show it to me with a huge grin on his face. He didn't have to say anything, because when I saw the gleam in his eyes, I knew that he was really enjoying being there and holding that record in front of me.

"Looks like it's about to downpour," was the first thing Billie said after being quiet for at least fifteen minutes. Not that I minded, however.

I looked up. The sky was heavy with despair as it threatened to drench the town.

"Well," Billie said as he walked along side me slowly down the sidewalk. "You did agree to spend the whole day with me, and a little rain shouldn't change that, right?"

Although grammatically what he had said was a question, it rang as more of a statement. "Right."

I saw him smirk out of the corner of my eye. "Turn left," and he gently bumped into me. "We're going to my house."

Should I have been going over to Billie Joe's house? No. But maybe having him as a friend, and strictly a friend, wouldn't be so bad.

I swear, I must have been holding my breath the whole way to his house because when we got there and when I saw him standing on his porch beckoning me to come in, I felt breathless. His tired eyes had eased, his posture a little straighter, his skin a little more colored. Whether it had been that he had finally woken up, or he was where he felt the most comforted, I couldn't tell.

But something about him was slowly making it's way in through my veins, towards my heart.