Best Thing In Town

Eight.

The atmosphere that surrounded his house was so warming. It was like as soon I walked in, I felt like I could stay there for the rest of my life and be okay with that.

"I"m going to get a bottle of water. Want anything?" Billie asked me as he walked towards the kitchen. I shut the door behind me and softly shook my head no to his question. "Well, alright."

I was alone for a moment in his living room. The walls were painted in a cozy brown and the only light coming from a shaded floor lamp in the corner of the room. On the couch was a floral throw blanket; I thought it added a nice touch. And on the side table was pictures of Billie and what I assumed to be his relatives. I really liked it here.

"Miss me, sweetcheeks?" Startled by his sudden husky voice, I quickly turned around. I felt my cheeks burn red, like I had been caught doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing. "Blushing's pretty cute." He noted nonchalantly and sat down on the couch. I followed suit, making sure there was enough distance between us. I was easily forgetting that I wasn't supposed to get attached to any boys while I was busy drowning in all of his loveliness.

"Relax, Logan." I would have taken offense to that if anyone else said it, but when I looked over at him with that gentle grin on his face, I felt my heart rate slow and my muscles losen.

I laughed softly for good measure then sank a little more into the cushions of the couch. "Your house is really nice."

"Ha," he scoffed, flicking a piece of lint off the arm of the couch.

"What are you saying ha about?"

"This house is a piece of shit, really." His voice got quiet and his emerald greens stared at the floor.

The silence rang for a few moments. "I like it."

For the next thirty minutes, we practically just sat there in silence. He would sip his water and I would occasionally twirl a strand of my hair, but soon he spoke up. "Are you always this quiet? I mean, if you are, that's cool and all. I was just...wondering...'cause I thought that you were, y'know--"

He stopped and gazed at me. I tried forgetting about his stunning face looking directly at me and tried focusing on the words jumbled in my head. "You thought I was what?"

A smirk eased onto his lips. "A riot."