Postcards From The Underbelly

Loosing Your Mind

Walking out of the diner, an overwhelming feeling came over me. The thought of me being connected to one girl was an unfamiliar feeling to me, and now that I was away from Nancy I hated it. What the hell, I wasn't even SID. My name was JIMMy.

....Saint Jimmy.

A slow grin rolled onto my face, and thunder rumbled high above my head. The name 'Saint Jimmy' rang around in my head, and I was no longer in my own territory anymore. My mind swirled with the knowledge that I could do practically whatever I wanted as Saint Jimmy. Nobody would put two and two together, they couldn't. If they did, I could easily say that it was a minor coincidence. A small spring in my step, I quickly ran down the side walk.

For the first time since leaving Jingletown, I felt giddy. Why? I wasn't held down.

----

I made my way into the hotel room far past our proclaimed 'curfew'. As soon as the door was even thrust open, Whatsername gave me a death glare. Her arms were crossed against her chest, glaring at me with so much intensity that I could've sworn I felt a hole burning into my shirt. "Where the fuck were you Sid?!"

"It's JIMMY, and it's none of your business." she looked at me surprised, her arms instantly dropping to her sides. Her jaw clenched, and she round her hand around, smacking me straight in the face. Reaching a hand up to rub my jaw, I gave her a sharp shove towards the bed. She glared up at me, and I simply wound my fist back, punching a hole in the wall next to her head. She looked up at me with fear stricken eyes, and a grin danced onto my face.

"Actually, it's Saint Jimmy bitch, and you better not fucking wear it out!"