Just Relax

little buddy.

I screamed. I was helping Greg relax again. I don't like relaxing. It hurts.

"Be quiet, little buddy. You know the grown ups wouldn't want to see us relaxing," he told me. Gosh, I hate when he calls me that. He thinks I'm 5. I'm 9 years old.

Greg made a really loud sound and then let go of me. I got off his lap and walked away. It was really hard to walk after relaxing. Maybe that's why the grown ups don't like it. I was really tired.

I walked in to the Greg's bathroom and turned on the bath water. I hated going to Greg's house.

Greg is my big sister's boyfriend. When I was little we used to be best friends. We called each other the Cool Guys. Give me a break, I was four. When I was six, I started staying the night with Greg every weekend. I used to love it. Until last year, when Greg started relaxing.

"Don't take too long, little buddy. We don't want to miss the movie."

I sat in the warm water for a few minutes before washing up. I climbed out and wrapped a towel around myself.

I dried off, put on lotion, and got dressed. After that, I went down stairs. "Let's go, Joni."

We got into Greg's car and drove downtown. We passed a park that had green swings and a slide. It looked so cool. "Greg, can we go to the park after the movie?"

Greg looked really mad when I asked him that. "Never go to a park, Joni. If you do, I'll tell everyone you've been relaxing."

I looked out the window. I didn't want to look at Greg's scary face.

***

We were going to see Speed Racer. Woo hoo.

"Go grab us some seats, 'kay?" I nodded and headed towards the hallway. Speed Racer was in the very last theater. Right next to it was and exit door. I looked back and forth between the doors. Greg said he'd tell if I went to the park. But it looked like so much fun.

I pushed the door open and saw the park down the street. I walked all the way to the park. When I got there I ran to the swings and sat on one. I was the only one there.

I swung my legs until I started swinging. I was getting really high. I started to feel the wind in my hair. I was laughing and having so much fun.

"Joni?!" I heard someone calling me. When I looked, it was my mom. I slowed down and then I jumped off the swing.

"Mom, I don't know if Greg told you, but I relaxed. I relaxed a lot. I'm real sorry. Please don't take my Game boy away. I just got to a new level."

"Why wouldn't you relax, darling? It's okay to relax."

"But Greg always told me you would be really mad if you found out. I know relaxing hurts, but it helps Greg."

"It hurts?"

"Yeah. Greg puts his relaxing handle in me and bounces me on his lap. I only do it because he has to work and stuff."

My mom looked really scared that day. "Where's Greg now, Joni?"

"He's down the street at the movies. He told me not to come to the park but I really wanted to come. The swings are my favorite color. I had to come, Mom. I'm sorry."

"No. No, it's okay. I'm so happy that you came to the park. You can swing some more while Dad goes and gets Greg."

"Okay. Are you sure it's alright that I relaxed?"

"Well, just don't do it anymore. You didn't do anything wrong, sweetheart." She smiled at me and walked to my dad. I got back on the swing.

***
The judge was really old. And when I say old, I mean like dinosaur old. Mom said she'd buy me a brand new skateboard and some ice cream if I answered all this guys questions. Maybe she thinks I'm five too. I mean, come on. Ice cream? I want pizza.

"So, Joni. Can you tell me what relaxing is?"

"Sure thing. I'll give you an example. Greg would take off his pants and sit down. I would take off mine and Greg would put his relaxing handle in my butt. Weird place, don't you think? Anyway, then Greg would bounce me on his lap until he was finished pumping."

"How do you feel when you relax?"

"It hurts. Real bad. Like when you don't stretch before a soccer game and then you score a goal and you get a cramp. It's like 5 times a s bad as the cramp."

"When was the first time you relaxed?"

"I think it was when I was eight."

"Did you know relaxing is a bad thing?"

"No, sir."

"Do you know what rape is, Joni?"

"Yeah. It's horrible. I'd never let someone do that to me."

"Joni, I'm so sorry."

"Why, sir?"

"You weren't relaxing. Joni, Greg raped you." I looked at Greg. He looked up and saw me looking at him.

"Is it true, Greg?"

"I'm sorry, little buddy."

Oh my gosh. "Don't you ever call me little buddy! I hated that name! How could you Greg? I thought we were cool guys?! You're not cool, you suck!" I yelled at him.

I'm glad Greg is in jail. I wonder how you "relax" by yourself.

Jerk.