Number One

/01

The name's Brooke. I'm a sixteen-year-young girl who's life is better than yours.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was Saturday, and I had to get up early to get in the U-Haul to move to Colorado, from California. Yeah, long ass drive.

My alarm went off at 6:02am and I got up, rubbing my eyes. I did not want to get up. My dad was yelling at me through the locked door, he sounded angry out of his mind. "Dad, just shut the hell up for a few minutes, okay!?" I yelled out the door. He sighed. "Brooke, don't talk like that." he said.

I smiled to myself. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck!" I sang, sliding off my bed, unlocking my bedroom door and walking into my personal bathroom. My dad came in to get the last of my boxes, and attempt to get my bed. I just walked into the bathroom, locked the door, and stripped down until I was standing nude in front of my shower door. I walked in and turned the knob to let the hot water run over my body.

"Brooke, don't take too long. We're out of here in half an hour!" my dad said through the door. I reached out the shower door and turned on my radio.

My dad fiddled with the handle, then gave up.

I took the rubber band out of my hair and slid it onto my wrist. I took my hair out of the braid I had slept in and put a generous amount of shampoo into my blond hair. The black under-lights in my hair were a surprise to me. I mean, I knew it was there I just wasn't used to washing my hair like this, my hair slung over my shoulder.

When all the shampoo had been rinsed out, I put a dollop of conditioner into my hand and rubbed it in. I mouthed the words to the song that was playing on my radio. "Your world, is my world, and my fire is your fire, and your breath is my breath..." When the song finished, I stepped out of the shower.

I dried my body off, and towel dried my hair. Strapping on my bra, I heard my dad knock on the door. I turned the radio down a little.

"Yeah?"
"Babe, almost ready?"
"No," I scoffed, "I just got out of the shower."
I heard a groan.
"Lets go!" he said. He picked up a box on the other side of the door.

I half smiled.

- - - - - - - - - - -

"Are we there yet?" Jakie asked my mom. We were all up in the front, Jakie was sitting half on my lap, for there were only three places to sit in the front, my mother was in the middle, and I was practically on the door. My dad was driving.

"No, Jakie. We won't be there for another twelve hours. I turned my music up louder.

Wake up in the morning, feeling' like P-Diddy. Grab my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm gonna hit the city...

My left earphone was ripped out in what seemed like 2 minutes into the song. I looked at the time. It was midnight, we had arrived in Colorado apparently five minutes ago at our new house.

I must have fallen asleep. I lazily got out of the truck and was grateful to feel solid ground beneath my feet.

"Gee, we could have flew. That was hell." I said. My dad shook his head pitifully. I rolled my eyes.

I walked in through the already open door and noticed most of our furniture was already inside. My blue couch was halfway up the stairs. I sighed.

My dad walked in and continued up the stairs to my couch. He pushed it up the rest of the way.

"Brooke, you'll be sleeping on your couch until tomorrow. We'll get you properly moved in then." he said, getting to the top of the stairs.

"Fine."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I laid down on my couch. It was about one in the morning. Everyone was asleep already, but I wasn't tired. I had just finished one of my articles in a magazine I had gotten earlier. I threw it across my exaggerated new bedroom.

It was huge.

I walked over to the double door that led to a private deck. I lived on the second floor. I opened the doors and walked out into the cool summer air. I looked at the side of the house next door. The bedroom light was on and the door was cracked open. I heard one of my favorite songs playing from the inside, and a guy's voice inside singing to it.

I leaned on the railing, shutting my eyes and listening to the music.

Forever Young, I want to be forever young...

The double doors on the house next door opened wider and a teenage guy, my age at least, walked out and leaned on the railing.

My eyes were still closed. The music rang in my ears.

"Hello." I heard a voice say across from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Music used:
One Time by Justin Bieber
Tik Tok by Ke$ha
Forever Young by Jay-Z (feat. Mr. Hudson)