Number One

/02

Danny P.O.V.

Looking across the way, I grinned. At least the idea of having new neighbors was already looking up. The last ones almost had Pop sent off to prison. I sighed.

“So, my new neighbor huh?” I smirked as I leaned against the rail. From the looks of it, I’d startled her with my greeting. Not everyone around here went to bed the moment the sun set. I enjoyed the night air and life.

“Yeah… I guess.” I chuckled at her response. Did I look vicious or something?

“Well, nice to meet you. Name’s Danny.” Standing up straight I shoved my hands into the pockets of my jeans. It was getting a little too cold for my tastes to leave them exposed.

“Brooke.” I shook my head slightly. Maybe it was just too late for conversation.

“I’ll leave you to it then, Brooke.” After nodding to her, I stepped back inside.

“Who you talkin’ to, boy?” Pop called from the living room where he was watching a baseball game. After grabbing one of his beers and a can of Coke, I came and sat down in couch next to his chair.

“New neighbor.”

“Anything like the Parks?” He asked as he opened his can. I shrugged.

“Dunno, just met the girl. Seemed quiet or I scared her.” I laughed at that. It wouldn’t be the first time I scared someone. I just had that way about me I guess.

“As long as she doesn’t know.” I rolled my eyes. He was always so paranoid. Did he honestly think I was an idiot? Shaking my head, I looked over at the clock on the wall.

“I’m off to bed. Night.” I kissed the top of his head before heading up to my room.

Flipping the radio on to Yellowcard’s “View from Heaven”, I stripped down to my boxers. I came in front of the window when a light across the way flipped on.

A small grin came across my face before I went to lay down. Her room was right across from mine. This was going to be a very interesting experience having her there. I wasn’t sure whether to fear for the secret or to just go with the fact that my new neighbor was without a doubt, hot.