Status: sleeping

Did We All Fall Down, Well After All

Chapter 13

::Mikey's POV::

Gerard had fallen asleep a couple hours ago. Alicia was silently resting on the other chair. Ray, Frank, and Bert had left to a different room. Bob and Hannah were still out. I hoped they're all right. My eyes and thoughts trailed over to Alicia. Her body was slumped over in the brown leather chair next to the lamp. How badly I wanted to turn it on so I could see the light shimmer in her eyes, but somehow, I doubted it would. In a matter of hours, her eyes had turned dull, lifeless.

"Licia. . . ." I called over. She slowly pulled her head up and looked up at me. Gerard stirred beside me. I ignored it as she got up and came over to sit next to me.

"I missed you." Her head fell onto my chest and she laced her fingers with mine.

"I missed you, too. How's Bunny?" She smiled at the mention of the cat she had bought me for my birthday.

"Great. She's staying with your mother right now." My Mother. The need to call her was great, but I didn't want her to know what her firstborn had gotten back into just yet. Speaking of him, his legs jolted again as he slept. Nightmare. That's the only explanation. "Do you think he's going to be alright?" I ran my long fingers through her silky hair, liking the feeling of it against my calloused skin.

"I really don't know. The circumstances are much different than last time. I thought the responsibilities of being a father would secure these kinds of things from happening again." Oh, how wrong I was.

"I'm worried about Hannah, too. I mean, she's so. . . . . young."

"I know. Her birthday's tomorrow, if you count today. Did you bring her present?"

"Ya. Did you get her a present yet?"

"Mhmm. It's Guitar Hero 2."

"You got it for yourself," she scoffed.

"Did not! She likes video games too," I defended. Alicia rolled her eyes just I heard the door open. Hannah and Bob walked into the room, smelling like burnt cheese. "Where the hell did you guys go?" Hannah had the largest smile on her face.

"Taco Bell. Hannah testified to someone."

"I convinced a girl not to become a prostitute! Isn't that awesome?!" Alicia got up from her spot on top of me and went over to attack her with a hug.

"That's amazing! I can't believe you did it. How'd it feel?"

"Words couldn't even begin to describe. It was like, happiness and relief and joy and lots of other good emotion at the same time!" I smiled. I knew the feeling of helping someone out of the bad parts of life. Every letter we received was a blessing to read. One more person we helped through music. It was nice to know that we were doing something good for the world. She turned to me and I saw her face glow then, all of the sudden, quickly falter. Gerard had stuck his fist into the air and grabbed onto the top of the headboard. His knuckles turned white.

"Don't worry about him sweetie. It's just some crazy dream he's having." She nodded. I knew what she was thinking. To go through pain while you're conscious is one thing, but to go through it while your asleep is another. To be forced to endure both right after each other was torture.

:: 10:27AM ::

I had not slept that night. It was my job to look over Gerard. . . . and Hannah. Around five o'clock, she woke up and I heard her crying. For some unexplainable reason that I still do not understand, I didn't go to her. I didn't try to help her. My subconscious must have wanted me to let her work it out on her own.

Alicia woke up half an hour ago. She called room service for all of us. Frank stopped by about 10:08 with Bert and Ray. They were going to go to the breakfast buffet downstairs. I'm still not used to having Bert around more often. I mean, he used to be with us all of the time, but after everything that happened. . . . I don't know. I guess we all do it for Hannah. She really cares about him. My eyes shifted over to her body in the bed. It was still, quiet.

"Mikey?" Alicia called. She was sitting on the bed Gerard was sleeping in. "He's waking up." I got up and headed over to where she was. Gerard turned over so that he was facing me and groaned.

"What's with the lights?" he complained.

"Sorry Batman." His eyes opened slowly and he looked up at me. "Want some coffee?" He nodded his head.

::Hannah's POV::

"Want some coffee?" I turned only my head over to see Dad pulling himself up into a sitting position as Aunt Alicia rubbed his back and brought him into a hug and Uncle Mikey went to go get the coffee. He returned with a mug. "Here you g-. . . Hannah? When did you wake up?" An hour ago.

"Just then," I mumbled. Dad took a sip of the steamy liquid and got up, looking as if he was an old man with arthritis having to make every movement slower than the last, and sat next to me. He pulled my shoulders towards him and wrapped his arms around them.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"'Sorry' doesn't change anything." He looked down at me for a second. He was going to say something, but was stopped by a knock at the door. Mikey went to get it and in walked a man with a silver cart.

"Breakfast," he said in a sing-song voice. Someone's having a good morning. He placed the food from the trolley and onto the table in our room, quickly leaving because of the mood of our room. I didn't blame him. I wanted to get out of here too.