Status: sleeping

Did We All Fall Down, Well After All

Chapter 2

::Hannah's POV::

That beeping was becoming quite obnoxious and was not helping with this unbearable migraine. And this bandage is getting itchy. I would scratch it, but I feel like death. Now I know why people hate hospitals so much. And they smell strange.

"Hannah," someone whispered. I opened my eyes to find people standing around me. Dad! Noise came from my mouth, though I doubted it made any sense to them. "Oh, Hannah, I'm sorry this happened to you." I squinted my eyes trying to see his face clearer, only to find tears forming in his eyes. I shut my own since it was too tiring to keep them open for so long.

"You're baby is fine, Hannah," someone said from the other side of me. I didn't bother to open my eyes. I was too exhausted. Inside, I smiled to myself. Whatever had happened to me did not affect my baby. Instantly, I fell into a deep deep sleep.

::Gerard's POV::

"It would probably be best if you leave Mr. Way. We'll call you if anything happens."

"No, can I stay? I want to be here with her."

"Mr. Wa-"

"I haven't seen her in almost a month! Please, let me stay." The doctor stared at me and then to the rest of the guys.

"Alright. You can stay. But the rest of you got to go."

"Okay. We'll be back in the morning Gerard," Mikey said and came to hug me, followed by everyone else.

"Here," Quinn said and handed me the stuffed dog. "You two need him more than I do." I smiled.

"Thanks Quinn."

::Two Hours Later::

It's a little past midnight. Hannah hasn't moved a muscle since the guys left. She looked terrible. There was a large bandage over the left side of her face and several other smaller ones as well. The doctors told me that she had broken two ribs and her radial which they had to explain to me was a bone in her forearm. I can only draw skeletons. I don't know the names for every bone.

I asked them about if she would be able to speak. The doctors said that after a full night of rest she should have a fast recovery. Apparently her symptoms were "quite severe for only being hit by a car". She got hit by a fucking car going God knows how fast! I'm just thankful and surprised that she's alive.

I got up from my chair again and walked over to the side of her bed. She did not look like she was having a peaceful nights rest. Her face was scrunched up into an uncomfortable expression. I didn't want her to be in pain. I wish their was something I could do to make her feel better. I sighed and turned back around to my seat.

All of a sudden, with out warning, I fell to the floor and began to cry. This was too much for me. Hannah and Bert and the baby and touring being a father and a soon to be grandfather. I pulled at my hair and laid down on the cold linoleum floor. I care so much about her. I don't want her life to be horrible. I want to make it the best one she could ever have, and being in a hospital bed, unable to move or speak proper English was not that. What if she doesn't even remember me when she wakes up? God, she deserved so much better than this.

I pulled out my cell phone and punched in Alicia's number. She was like the sister I never had. And I badly needed someone to talk to, that wasn't one of the guys or my mother.

On the fourth ring, she picked up. "Hello?"

"Alicia?"

"Gerard? Oh my god, have you been crying?" I sniffled.

"Ya. I need someone to talk to. I didn't wake you up did I?"

"Of course not. I'm just watching some old eighties movie. How is she?" I let out a soft sob and took in a quick breath of air. "Oh, I'm so sorry Gerard. I know this must be so hard for you right now."

"All of it just hit me actually. I'm just glad no one is around to see me like this. The doctors said that after she sleeps a full night she'll be able to have a fast recovery, but it hurts so much to see her like this."

"Does Bert know?"

"I think Quinn called him. Alicia, I'm too young to be a grandfather! I'm only twenty-nine!"

"Technically you'll be thirty whe-"

"Alicia."

"Alright. Sorry, being a grandfather doesn't add anymore responsibility on you as a father. I mean, look at your Mom! It's not like she's down there with you guys taking care of Hannah."

"Hannah's not a baby."

"You know what I mean. Besides, Donna and I have been talking and we think that it's best that for her last few months of pregnancy and the year after the baby is born, she should stay up here with us in Jersey."

"I can't be away from her for that long!"

"Mikey's been away from me for much longer than that. And we've been engaged for so many years and we still haven't been officially hitched or anything!" She has a point. "Trust us Gerard, we're women."

"Exactly."

"Hey, you're the one that called me because you were crying."

"I was n-. . . . So?"

"Get some sleep Gerard and drink some strong black coffee in the morning."

"Alright, fine. Bye."

"Bye"

::Hannah's POV::

Is that goddamn beeping ever going to stop? I sighed and slowly opened my eyes. I looked down at my right arm to find a needle sticking into it. It must have been an IV. It itched like hell. I turned to look at my left arm. It was bandage up and into a blue cast and I could feel something wrapped around my chest. I glanced over to the window. Below the window was a couch where my Dad was sleeping.

"Dad," I called. He stirred slightly. "Daddy Dearest?" He yawned. I suddenly remembered what Frank had done to wake him up one morning. I shortly laughed my self before yelling out. "Oh My God! It's Gerald Wayne!!!!" He shot up and did a quick three-sixty. I laughed at him, which hurt my chest greatly. I began to groan. "Fuck that hurts."

"Hannah!! You're talking!" My eyebrow raised.

"Of course I'm talking. It's what I do best." He rushed over to me and gave me a light hug.

"Yesterday, you couldn't even complete your words or open your eyes and You Know Who I Am!!!" Well duh. "You didn't forget me!"

"How could I forget you?"