Status: sleeping

Did We All Fall Down, Well After All

Chapter 20

::Hannah's POV::

I feel so squished. We really should have split up into two groups, but nooo, we all have to be together. According to Frank and Jamia that is. So you want to know how many people are crammed into the bus. Let's name them, shall we? There is me, Dad, Mikey, Alicia, Frank, Ray, Jamia, Krista, Bob, Matt, Mark, Adam, and Charlie. That's thirteen people. Thank goodness Bert, Jeph, Quinn, and Grandma left earlier this morning. But we were still going to have to be like this for the next four hours.

"Pass the chips!" Ray shouted over at Charlie and I. I was trying to catch him up with my life since I last saw him.

"No! We're eating them!" Charlie shouted over to him.

"Does anyone know where my other shoe went?" Dad asked the group that had managed to all be in the living room area. We all looked at eachother.

"What does it look like?" Alicia asked. He held up a shoe.

"Oh ya, you left it at the hotel under the sink in the bathroom. I was going to tell you, but I forgot," Frank said. Dad glared at him.

"I. Liked. Those. Shoes." He grunted out.

"At least you didn't lose both of them." He rolled his eyes and left back towards his bunk.

"So," I said, continuing on with catching Charlie up. "Then Quinn and I flew out to Nashville because I was going to surprise them and we were walking over to the venue and as I was crossing the street, a car hit me." Charlie's hands flew up to his mouth in shock. "I don't. . . ." Images of Mikey ripping my very soul apart flashed in front of my eyes. "I don't remember much after that." I looked over at Uncle Mikey and Aunt Alicia. They were but a few feet away watching a movie with everyone else. I had managed to tell him about what Bert had done to me, but it wasn't the same for Mikey. We were family.

"Yes you do," he said. I turned back to him. Confused.

"Wha?" I questioned.

"You remember what happened. And I need to know." He was right. He did have to know. I just didn't want to tell him.

"It's. . . ." I looked around at all the people in the room. "Let's go to the back," I offered. He nodded and followed me to the back room. "O-" I stopped. "Hey Dad." He appeared to be folding clothes and putting them in his bag.

"Hi Hannah. What's up?"

"Um. . . no-"

"What happened after Hannah got hit by the car?" My eyes widened as my head shot over to Charlie. Dad looked confused.

"She lost her memory." The way he said it made it sound more like a question than a statement.

"That's it? She made it seem ten times worse than that." He nodded, but quickly stopped. He looked down at the black leather jacket in his hands and turned around to sit down. He sighed. He must have figured out why I made it seem so much worse.

"I'll leave," I said. Dad was going to tell him. I left the room and went back out to the others. Ray was snuggling with Krista on the end of the couch. I had to smile. They really were a cute couple, if they were a couple yet. They probably were if they were that close. My gaze shifted to Mikey and Alicia. I hadn't even been close to Mikey since that night. I haven't touched him either. Or rather, he hasn't touched me. He knows that I'm still fragile and sensitive from the experience.

"Where are the Doritos??" Adam shouted. Frank through him the bag, which Matt intercepted midair and started fighting over it with Mark and Adam. I sat down next to Jamia. She was leaning up against Frank.

"How much longer until we get there?"

"Three and a half hours." This was going to be a long bus ride.

"What movie are we watching?"

"Nightmare Before Christmas!!" Frank shouted.

"For the billionth time," Alicia added, causing Mikey to laugh. My shoulders drooped. Why does he get to be so happy and I have to be the miserable one? Oh, right. He was drunk. He doesn't remember any of it. And all of it is still fresh in my mind, even though it happened practically a month ago.

"What's wrong, Hannah?" Frank asked. I glanced up and he came closer to me. I leaned back against the cabinet behind me. "Hannah," he whispered. I looked back at the door that leads to the back room. Neither Dad nor Charlie had returned from it. Everyone seemed to quiet down and focus their entire attention on me. It made me feel awkward and uncomfortable. My gaze turned to Mikey.

"I'm fine." I said it mostly to him. He knew it was a lie. I pulled my self up and headed towards my bunk and pulled back the curtains, drifting into a horrific slumber.

::Third Person POV::
::Three Hours Later::


Charlie stood up and ran a hand through his hair. Gerard had just finished telling him everything. His life, the life of the band, his relationships with Bert, Mikey's life, you name it, Charlie knows.

"Why are you even allowing Bert so close to her then?" he asked.

"He claims that all of his bad habits have stopped, but I know he's lying. He's always lied about everything. I know he's still on crack and he's still an alcoholic and he's still sleeping with groupies. Nothing has changed about him."

"Then get him away from her!!"

"I can't! She still cares about him and I can't just separate the two again. She'll just run off to him again and pick up some of his terrible quirks."

"He's going to hurt her one way or another." Gerard knew this was true. "You have to end this." He opened the door to the hall.

"I know." Charlie and Gerard walked out together and went to the living room area. Gerard stopped to pour himself a cup of coffee. He scanned the people in front of him. Someone was missing. "Where's Hannah?"

"Sleeping," they said together. He decided it would be best not to bother her and let the girl get her rest.